赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第14期:晚餐 Dinner(在线收听

   Dinner

  晚餐
  A stewardess comes by offering dinner.
  一名女空服员走过来送晚餐。
  S:Would you put down your tray table, sir? Would you like chicken or beef?
  空姐:先生,请将你的餐板放下来好吗?你要吃鸡肉还是牛肉呢?
  E:Uh, I'll have the chicken, thanks.
  艾凡:呃,我吃鸡肉好了,谢谢。
  S:Here you are. And the young lady? Evan looks over to see Kathy sleeping.
  空姐:鸡肉餐给你,那么这位年轻小姐呢?艾凡转过头去看到凯西正在睡觉。
  E:Oh! She's fallen off. Can I still take a dinner for her to eat a little later?
  艾凡:哦!她睡着了。我能不能先替她收下让她等一会儿再吃?
  S:That would be all right. You'll have to lower her tray table, too, though.
  空姐:可以。但是,你还是得把她的餐板放下来。
  E:No problem. Uh, she'll have the chicken, too.
  艾凡:没问题。呃,她也吃鸡肉餐。
  S:Here you are. And would you like some wine with your meal?
  空姐:喏,鸡肉餐。你用餐时要不要喝点酒呢?
  E:Gee, thanks! Do you have white wine?
  艾凡:要,谢谢!有白酒吗?
  S:Sure do. Here you go.
  空姐:有。喏,酒来了。
  I think we'd better wait for her to wake up before we give her a drink. She might spill it when she wakes up.
  我想我们最好等她醒来再给她饮料。要不然她醒来时也许会把杯子打翻。
  E:OK. I'll get her up in a minute.
  艾凡:好的。我等一下会叫醒她。
  S:By the way, we'll be coming around with coffee and tea in a moment, sir.
  空姐:哦,对了,我们等一下会送咖啡和茶过来,先生。
  Now, enjoy your meal.
  现在,祝你用餐愉快。
  1. tray table (飞机上座位前的)餐板
  tray 托盘;浅盘
  2. lower 降低
  例:When the saleslady finally lowered her price,I bought the jacket.
  (当那位女售货员最后终于降价时,我买厂这件夹克。)
  3. Sure do.当然。(= I sure do.但主语I。]一省略)
  例:A:Do you like Bnad Pitt
  B:I sure do!
  A:(Geat!Let's go see his new film.
  (甲:你喜欢布莱德·彼特吗,!)
  (乙:当然喜欢!)
  (甲:太好了!咱们去看他的新片吧。)
  4. spill (不小心)使洒出,打翻
  三态为:spill, spilled/spilt, spilled/s},ilt}
  例:I slipped and spilt my coffee.
  (我滑厂一跤把咖啡打翻厂。)
  5. By the way…顺便一提/哦,……(转移话题时使用)
  =Incidentally.
  incidentally 顺便地,附带地
  例:Don't be late for' your appointment with the dentist. I3y the way,remember to being your umbrella.
  (你和牙医约诊别迟到厂。哦,对了,记得带伞。)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/lsxyyt/234580.html