《名人传记》之乔布斯遗失的访谈27:一次奇妙的经历(在线收听

   So I became very err.... captivated by computer.

  我完全给计算机迷住了
  And a computer to me was still a little mysterious
  当然计算机对我而言仍然有些神秘
  cause it's at the other end of wire,I had never really seen the actual computer itself.
  因为真正的计算机藏在电缆的另一端,而我从未见过
  I think I got towards computers after that, saw the inside,
  打那以后我总想着计算机
  and then I was part of this school byHewlett-Packard.
  后来我在惠普附近的学校读书
  When I was 12, I called up Bill Hewlett who lived in Hewlett-Packard at the time.
  12岁时我打电话给Bill Hewlett,他当时住在惠普
  And again it dazed me...
  又是一次奇妙的经历
  But there was no such thing as unlistedtelephone number then,
  当时所有的电话号码都印在号码簿里
  so I can just look into the book and look his name up.
  只要翻电话号码簿,就能查到他的电话
  And he answered the phone, and I saidHi, My name is Steve Jobs.
  他接了电话,我说我叫Steve Jobs
  You don't know me, but I'm 12 years old, and I'm building a frequency counter, and I'd like some spare parts.
  你不认识我,我12岁,打算做频率计数器,需要些零件
  And so he talked to me for about 20 minutes,
  我们聊了大概20分钟
  I will never forget as long as I live, he gave me the parts, but he also gave me a job working in Hewlett-Packard that summer.
  我永远记得他不但给了零件,还邀请我夏天去惠普打工
  And I was 12 years old, and that really made a remarkable influence on me.
  我才12岁,这件事对我产生了不可思议的影响
  Hewlett-Packardwas really the only company I'd ever seen in my life at that age.
  惠普是我见过的第一家公司
  And it forms my view of what a company was and how well they treated their employees.
  它让我懂得了什么是公司,如何善待员工
  You know, at that time, I mean they didn't know about cholesterol back then.
  那时还没有胆固醇偏高一说
  And then at that time they used to bring a big car full of donuts and coffee out at 10 o'clock every morning,
  每天上午十点公司拖来满满一卡车的甜面圈和咖啡
  and everyone take a coffee and have a donut break, just little things like that.
  大家停下工作喝杯咖啡,品尝甜面圈
  It was clear that the company recognized its true values was its employees.
  很明显惠普明白公司真正的价值在于员工
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mrzj/249057.html