《名人传记》之乔布斯遗失的访谈46:创意与产品间的鸿沟(在线收听

   You know... one of the things that really hurt Apple was after I left,

  我离开苹果以后,发生了一件几乎毁掉苹果的事
  John Sculley got a very serious "disease", and that "disease",
  John Sculley有个严重的"毛病"
  I have seen other people get it too,
  我在其他人身上也见到过
  it's the "disease" of thinking that a really great idea is 90% of the work, and if you just tell all these other people,
  那就盲目乐观,以为光凭创意就能取得成功
  "here is this great idea!", then of course they can go off and make it happen.
  他觉得只要想到绝妙的主意,公司就一定可以实现
  And the problem with that is that there is just tremendous amount of craftsmanship in between a great idea and a great product.
  问题在于优秀的创意与产品之间隔着巨大的鸿沟
  And as you evolve the great idea, it changes and grows, it never comes out like it starts.
  实现创意的过程中,想法会发生变化甚至变得面目全非
  Because you learn a lot more, you get into the subtleties,
  因为你会发现新东西,思考也更深入
  you also find ... There's tremendous trade-offs that you have to make,
  你不得不一次次权衡利弊,做出让步和调整
  I mean you know there are just certain things you can't make electrons do,
  总有些问题是电子设备解决不了的
  there are certain things you can't make plastic do, or glass do, and... or factories do, robots do, and you get into all these things,
  是塑料、玻璃材料无法实现的,或者是工厂和机器人做不到的
  designing a product is keeping 5000 things in your brain.
  设计一款产品,你得把五千多个问题装进脑子里
  These concepts, and fitting them all together in... and kind of continuing to push and fit them together and in new and in different ways to get what you want.
  必须仔细梳理,尝试各种组合,才能获得想要的结果
  And everyday you discover something new that is new problem or new opportunity to fit these things together a little differently.
  每天都会发现新问题,也会产生新灵感
  It's that process that is the magic.
  这个过程很重要。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mrzj/249463.html