影视剧中的职场美语 第9期:应聘助理(在线收听

  Who are you?
你是谁?
Uh, my name is Andy Sachs.
恩,我叫安迪赛克斯,
I recently graduated from Northwestern University.
刚从西北大学毕业。
And what are you doing here?
那你在这里做什么?
Well, I think I could do a good job as yourassistant.And, um...
呃,我想我可以胜任你的助理。还有,
Yeah, I came to New York to be a journalist and sent lettersout everywhere...
恩…我来纽约想成为一名记者,发了不少简历。
and then finally got a call fromElias-Clarke...and met with Sherry up at Human Resources.
最终,艾丽雅克拉克给了我一个电话,让我和人力部的谢瑞见面。
Basically, it's this or Auto Universe.
反正,不是这里就是《汽车宇宙》。
So you don't read Runway?Uh, no.
那么,你有没有看过《天桥》?没有。
And before today, you had never heard of me.No.
直到今天,你从没听说我这个人?是的。
And you have no style or sense of fashion?
你对时尚既不追求,也没见解?
Well, um, I think that depends on whatyou're...
这个,嗯,我认为这取决于你是什么…
No, no. That wasn't a question.
不,不,我没在问你。
Um, I was editor in chief of the DailyNorthwestern.
呃,我曾是西北日报的主编,
I also, um, won a national competition forcollege journalists... with my series on the janitors'union, which exposed theexploitation...
我还获得过全国大学记者竞赛的头名,连续揭露了校工图的不法剥削…
That's all.
行了。
Yeah. You know, okay.You're right. I don't fit in here.
好的,你知道,好吧。没错,我不适合这里,
I am not skinny or glamorous...and I don't know that much about fashion.
我不够苗条也不够漂亮,也不懂时尚,
But I'm smart.I learn fast and I will work very hard.
但我很聪明。我学得很快,我会努力工作的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yszcmy/263766.html