影视剧中的职场美语 第15期:谈论面试情况(在线收听

  Tom:Aren't you gonna ask me about my job interview?
你不想知道我的面试情况?
Lynette:Oh, right. How'd that go?
对哦,怎么样?
Tom:Okay.
还不错。
Until the 30yearold who was interviewing me asked me if I'd ever used twittering as part of a marketing campaign.
直到那位面试我的30 岁小伙儿问我是否我曾经用“微博”来作为营销策略。
Lynette:And what'd you say?
你说什么?
Tom:Nothing...
啥都没说。
Because I don't know what "twittering" is.
因为我不知道啥叫"微博"。
Lynette:It's a social networking tool where you send instant updates to anybody who signs up for them.
就是一种社交网络工具,可以向每一个用户即时发送更新。
Tom:So... you knew about this and yet you kept it from me?
你知道,居然不告诉我?
Lynette:I didn't keep it from you.
不是不告诉你,
It's just one of those tech things that you don't care about.
只不过这些技术你从来都不感兴趣。
It's for young people.
年轻人喜欢。
Tom:And I am a dinosaur marching into the tar pit.
而我就像啥都不懂的恐龙。
Lynette:I didn't say that.
我可没这么说。
You're not gonna get a whole lot of sympathy from me.
你才不需要我的同情呢。
I just went through the same thing. Remember?
我也刚经历过同样的遭遇,记得不?
Tom:Yeah. But you didn't tell me how bad it was.
但你没说遭遇有多惨。
That's another thing you kept from me.
你居然又没告诉我。
50 guys showed up for that one job and I was 10 years older than every single one of them.
50 人竞争一个职位,我比谁都要老10 岁。
I could hear them twittering as I left the room.
我离开房间时听到他们在窃窃私语。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yszcmy/263778.html