影视剧中的职场美语 第95期:团结紧张 严肃活泼(在线收听

  Sheldon:Oh, Lord, will this day never end?
谢尔顿:哦,天啊,这样的一天什么时候才能结束?
As I've explained repeatedly to Dr.Koothrappali, whose ability to comprehend the American idiom fails him when it's convenient, there's absolutely no money in my budget for additional office furniture.
我已经多次跟库萨帕里博士解释过,他连常用的美国习语都听不懂。我的预算里可 没有给他添置新办公家具的钱。
Raj:Oh, but there's money for a drawer full of Red Vines, a marshmallow shooting rifle, and a super executive ant farm with glow-in-the-dark sand?
拉杰:噢,那你就有钱买一抽屉的Red Vines棒棒糖,一把棉花糖射枪,一个有夜光沙的高级蚂蚁农场?
Sheldon:Yes.
谢尔顿:没错。
Howard:Okay, what if he buys his own desk?
霍华德:好吧,那他自己买行吧?
Raj:Yeah, what if I buy my own desk?
拉杰:是啊,要是我自己出钱买呢?
Sheldon:That's ridiculous.
谢尔顿:那也不行。
Howard:Why?
霍华德:为什么?
Sheldon:Because...
谢尔顿:因为…
Raj:Yes?
拉杰:因为什么?
Sheldon:It's my office.
谢尔顿:那是我的办公室。
Leonard:Sheldon.
莱纳德:谢尔顿!
Sheldon:All right, All right. He can buy his own desk.
谢尔顿:好吧,好吧,他可以自己买张桌子。
Raj:And I can put it in your office?
拉杰:然后我能放在你的办公室里?
Sheldon:Well, you really want to dot the I's and cross the T,s, don't you?
谢尔顿:噢呦,你还真是一字一句都要计较?
Leonard:Why would you want a glow-in-the-dark ant farm?
莱纳德:你为什么要买一个有夜光沙的蚂蚁农场?
Sheldon:They do some of their best work at night.
谢尔顿:他们能在晚上更好的工作。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yszcmy/264077.html