影视剧中的职场美语 第97期:过关斩将(在线收听

  Bob:Can I speak with you for a moment?
鲍勃:我能和你说几句话吗?
I owe you an apology.
我要向你道歉,
What I asked you to do was wrong.
我让你做的事情是不对的。
I've been with this company for 30 years.
我为这公司效力30年了。
We've been through a lot of turmoil and made a lot of difficult choices.
我们一起经历了无数风风雨雨,也做出了很多艰难的选择。
Some I regret to this day.
有些让我懊恼至今,
But right now, I'm dealing with someone who is a real danger to us, to everyone.
但是,现在我要面对的是对我们构成成胁的人,对每个人。
And I,m afraid that in my haste to deal with him,
我怕我急于求成,
I overstepped my bounds.
过界了。
Suresh:The file you are holding, Adam Monroe.
苏雷什:你是指你拿着的那个档案,亚当门罗。
Bob:Yes. You,re valuable to us,Dr.Suresh.
鲍勃:是的,你对我们很重要,苏雷什博士。
Not just for your blood or your knowledge, but to keep us in line.
不仅仅是因为你的血液或者学识,而是你能让我们有序进行。
Suresh:Molly still isn't well.
苏雷什:莫利还不是很乐观,
So I can't take her away from here.
所以我不能把她从这儿带走。
But you've given me no reason to trust you.
但是你的玴由不足以让我相信你。
Bob:I know, I know. We both have a lot at stake.
鲍勃:我知道,我知道。
I have someone at my disposal, someone who can make sure there's no further misunderstandings. Sounds good?
我们都危若累卵。我安排了人,可以确保不会再有谈会了,听起来不错吧?
Suresh:I don't really have a choice, do I?
苏雷什:我别无选择,不是吗?

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yszcmy/264079.html