影视剧中的职场美语 第109期:溜须拍马(在线收听

  Oh, and I have your first recipe…apple Brownoafie Betty.
哦,我想到了你的第一个食谱…拍马屁苹果派,
That's, uh, Sam'specialty.
那是,呃,萨姆的拿手菜。
Since when is hard woik brownnosing?
从什么时候努力工作变成拍马屁了?
That young man is the first one here every morning.
那个年轻人每天早上是第一个来这儿的,
And the last one to leave at night.
并且晚上也是最后走的。
Yeah, well,it takes a lot of time to turn all that water into wine.
嗯,是啊,把水变成葡萄酒,的确会花费很多时间。
Well, I am sorryy you don't appreciate him.
那么,我很抱歉你不欣赏他。
I think he's tremendous.
我觉得他非常了不起。
In fact,I have decided to give him a promotion.
事实上,我决定給他升职。
A promotion to what?
升到什么职位?
Vice president
副总裁。
Hey, check my stationery, I'm vice president.
嘿,看看我的信笺,我才是副总裁。
Well, a company can have more than one.
呃,一个公司也可以有好几个。
There's plenty of work to go around.
这还有很多工作要做。
I don't believe this.
我真不敢相信。
You barely know the guy. I'm your son.
你只是才认识这个家伙,我是你的儿子。
I know you don't understand this now, but I am doing what I think it bcest for beth of us,
我知道你现在无法理解,但是我认为我所做的对我们俩都好。
Remember that sentence.You'll be hearing it the day I put you in a nursing home.
记住这句话。我把你送进疗养院的那天你会听到的。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yszcmy/264292.html