影视剧中的职场美语 第120期:谈判(在线收听

   Sheldon,you're not in charge. It's my idea. I'm in charge.

  谢尔顿,这事儿不由你说了算。这是我的点子,我说了算。
  Oh, of course you are. Look at the organizational chart.
  噢,当然你说了算,你看这份组织结构图,
  You re clearly listed as founder.
  这里明确地列出了你是创始人。
  Well, yes, and you,re listed as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer.
  对,没错,这上面还列了你是首席执行官首席财务官和首席营运官。
  You missed Chief Science Officer, Chairman of the Board, and head of the Secret Santa Committee.
  你漏了首席科学官、董事长和神秘圣诞老人委员会委员长。
  Okay. You need to get clear on this right now. I am in charge of this project.
  好吧,现在得让你把这事弄清楚,是我在负责这个项目。
  Ooh. Leonard's going all alpha nerd on Sheldon's ass...
  噢,莱纳德要跟谢尔顿抢做书呆子老大洛…
  All right. All right, I'm not going to argue with you.
  好吧,好吧。我不想跟你吵,
  Sheldon Cooper is nothing if not a team player. Dr. Hofstadter, you have the conn.
  要是没有团队,谢尔顿库珀什么都干不了。霍夫史塔特博士你说了算。
  Thank you. I thought we might start by talking about the user interface.
  谢谢,我想我们可以讨论下用户界面。
  Sheldon:Oh, Dear Lord, we're doomed.
  噢,老天!这下我们可死定啦。
  So this button here will allow you to scan a new equation,
  按这个按键,你可以浏览新方程,
  but over here, you can press this, and just substitute new values for the coefficients.
  而这边,你按这个就能用新数值替换系数:
  Good one, boss.
  不错啊,老板。
  I'm still not sure about the current price.
  我还是觉得价钱有点儿高。
  I'm sorry. Three million is our bottom line. The ball is in your court now.
  不好意思。300是我们的底限,成不成交就看您了?
  This holding company was bankrolled by a trust financed by me.
  这家控股公司由一家信托公司提供资金,而我投资了这家信托公司。
  So now it's clear. You call every shot in the company. The ball is in your court.
  现在清楚了。你掌握着公司的命脉,你说了算。
  重点讲解
  Let,s see how you decide.
  The ball is in your court.
  The ball is in your court.来源于体育用语,字面意思为“球在你的场内”, 即“你拥有了主动权,你说了算”。可以在协商和谈判时使用,言下之意是:情势如何发展都取决于你采取怎样的行动和决策。口语中也经常说:You have the upper hand here.(你在这占上风)。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yszcmy/271387.html