影视剧中的职场美语 第126期:表示关心(在线收听

   本段对话选自Yes Man,《好好先生》

  Remember that promotion we were talking about? Yeah.
  还记得我们上次说的升职吗?嗯。
  It's not gonna happen. Tried to fight for you on the phone there.
  没戏了。我想在电话里帮你争取一下的。
  It was between you and Demko, and they went with Demko.
  你和德姆克两个人竟争,他们选择德姆克。
  I don't care. I didn't really want the job badly.
  我无所谓,我也不是那么想要那个职位。
  I just tigured after five I'd be the logical choice, but whatever.
  我只是觉得干了5年以后,要求升职是个很合理的选择,不过随便了。
  Look at it this way:at least you didn't get shit-canned.
  我们换个角度来说,至少你没被丢进回收桶里。
  Do you know what that means? Fired?
  你知道那是什么意思吗?被炒?
  How did you know what that meant? Have you heard me say that before?
  你怎么知道的?你之前听我说过这话?
  No,it's a pretty common expression.
  不,这个词很多人都用。
  In my circles. I made it up.
  在我的圈子里,这词算是我发明的。
  Well, it's catching on.
  好吧,这说法很有意思。
  This'll cheer you up. I'm having a little get-together at my place.
  这样想你会好受些。我会在我家里开个小型的聚会,
  It's a funny hat and-or wig party.
  是个假发和帽子派对。
  Oh, man. Sucks, I'm gonna be out of town.
  哦,老兄。太可惜了,那天我不在城里。
  You don't know what day it is.
  你都不知道哪天开派对。
  How are you holding up? I heard the manager just assigned a 500-page presentation.
  你还好吧?我刚听说经理布置了500页的演示文稿要做。
  I'm trying not to think about it at the moment.
  我现在可一点儿也不愿想这件事情。
  Celine broke up with me today.
  瑟琳今天跟我分手了。
  Oh, that's terrible. How are you holding up?
  天,这真是坏消息。你怎么样了?
  重点讲解
  How are you?
  How are you holding up?
  How are you?是见面打招呼用语,并非用在关心朋友的场合。How are you holding up?用我们现在的话来说就是“你还Hold得住吗? ”是向遇到困难和挑战的朋友表示关心和问候。“Hold住”还可以这样说:She holds all the cards in the company.她掌管公司的所有事务。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yszcmy/271395.html