生活大爆炸第一季第三集_1The Fuzzy Boots Corollary(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第三集_1The Fuzzy Boots Corollary

  -Howard:All right, just a few more feet. And...
  非常好,再前进几步...
  here we are, gentlemen, the gates of Elzebob.
  准备好,先生们,Elzebob大门到了。
  -Sheldon:Good lord.
  上帝啊。
  -Leonard:Don't panic. This is what the last 97 hours have been about.
  别慌,坚持97小时的战斗就为了这一刻。
  -Howard:Stay frosty. There's a horde of armed goblins on the other side of that gate guarding the sword of Asaroth.
  待着别动,一群装备武器的地妖精,正在门的另一边,守卫着艾辛诺斯之刃。
  -Leonard:Warriors, unsheathe your weapons. Magic wielders, raise your wands.
  战士们,拔出你们的武器,法师们,举起你们的魔杖。
  -Sheldon:Lock and load.
  准备好了。
  -Howard:Raj, blow the gates.
  Raj,推开大门。
  -Raj:Blowing the gates.
  推开大门。
  Control, shift... b!
  Control,Shift...B!
  Oh, my god, so many goblins!
  天啊,那么多地精!
  -Howard:Don't just stand there, slash and move, slash and move!
  别傻站在那里,向前开路! 向前开路!
  -Leonard:Stay in formation!
  保持阵形!
  -Howard:Leonard, you got one on your tail.
  Leonard,有个敌人在你背后。
  -Leonard:That's all right, my tail's prehensile- - I'll swat him off.
  没事,我脑后长眼着呢,我会干掉他的。
  -Raj:I got him, Leonard.
  我打中他了,Leonard。
  Tonight I spice my mead with goblin blood.
  今晚我要用那地精的血来祭酒。
  -Leonard:Raj, no, it's a trap! They're flanking us!
  Raj,不要,这是个陷阱! 他们在夹击我们!
  -Raj:He's got me!
  我被打中了!
  -Leonard:Sheldon, he's got raj. Use your sleep spell!
  Sheldon,他打中Raj了,快用你的催眠咒!
  Sheldon Sheldon?
  Sheldon Sheldon?
  -Sheldon:I've got the sword of Asaroth!
  我拿到了艾辛诺斯之刃!
  -Leonard:Forget the sword, Sheldon, help raj!
  别管剑了,Sheldon,快救Raj!
  -Sheldon:There is no more Sheldon.
  我不再是Sheldon了。
  I am the sword master!
  我是剑圣!
  -Howard:Leonard, look out!
  Leonard,当心!
  -Leonard: it, man, we're dying here!
  该死,我们快不行了!
  -Sheldon:Good - bye, peasants!
  再见了,土人们!
  -Leonard:The bastard teleported!
  那混蛋走了!
  -Raj:He's selling the sword of Asaroth on ebay.
  他在ebay上出售那把艾辛诺斯之刃。
  -Leonard:You betrayed us for money? Who are you?
  你为了钱背叛我们? 你怎么这样?
  -Sheldon:I'm a rogue night elf. Don't you people read character descriptions?
  我是暗夜精灵盗贼,你们没有读过角色介绍吗?
  Wait, wait, wait! Somebody just clicked "buy it now.
  等等! 有人点击了"立即购买"
  -Howard:Ooh, I’m the sword master.
  我是剑圣!
  -Sheldon:Ooh, I'm all sweaty. Anybody want to log on to second life and go swimming?
  哦,我身上都是汗,谁想再进入《第二人生》游个泳?
  I just built a virtual pool.
  我刚建了个虚拟游泳池。
  -Leonard:No. I can't look at you or your avatar right now.
  不,我现在不想看见你或是你的兽身。
  -Howard:Sounds like your neighbor's home.
  好像是隔壁的声音。
  -Leonard:Excuse me.
  失陪。
  -Sheldon:Don't forget the mail you took accidentally we on purpose,
  别忘了带上你"无意"拿到的信件,
  so you'd have an excuse to talk to her.
  这样你就有借口跟她说话了。
  -Leonard:Oh, right, right, right, right.
  噢,对,对。
  -Howard:Stealing snail mail- - very old school. I like it.
  偷窃信箱邮件,很老套的方法,我喜欢。
  -Leonard:Penny, the mailman, did it again... he... oh, sorry.
  Penny 邮差又... 哦,抱歉。
  -Penny:Um, oh, hi, Leonard. This is Doug.
  嗨,Leonard,这是Doug。
  Doug, this is my neighbor Leonard.
  Doug,这是我邻居Leonard。
  -Doug:What's up, bro?
  有事吗,老兄?
  -Leonard:Not much... bro.
  没什么... 老兄。
  -Penny:Is everything okay?
  一切还好吧?
  -Leonard:Yeah, no, I just... I got your mail again. Here.
  是啊,我只是... 我又错拿了你的信,给你。
  -Penny:Thank you. I've got to talk to that mailman.
  谢谢,我得和邮差说说了。
  -Leonard:Oh, no, that's probably not such a good idea.
  不,这主意不怎么好。
  You know, civil servants have a documented propensity to, you know, snap, so...
  人民公仆总是非常容易...动粗,
  -Penny:Okay. Well, thank you again.
  好吧,还是谢谢你。
  -Leonard: No problem. Bye.
  没问题,再见。
  Oh, and bye... bro.
  哦再见...老兄。
  -Sheldon: Penny for your thoughts.
  呆呆地在想什么呢? (此谚语中正好有Penny一词)
  -Raj: What's the matter?
  怎么回事?
  -Leonard:I'm fine. Penny's fine.
  我很好,Penny也很好。
  The guy she's kissing is really fine.
  和她接吻的家伙也很好。
  -Howard:Kissing, what kind of kissing? Cheeks? Lips?Chins?Friend?
  接吻,哪一种? 脸颊? 嘴唇? 下巴? (情人??)朋友?
  -Leonard:What is wrong with you?
  你什么毛病啊?
  -Howard:I'm a romantic.
  我是个浪漫主义者。
  -Sheldon: Please don't tell me that your hopeless infatuation is devolving into pointless jealousy.
  别告诉我你不可救药的迷恋,发展成了无意义的嫉妒。
  -Leonard:I'm not jealous. I'm just a little concerned for her.
  我不是嫉妒,只是有点担心她。
  I didn't like the look of the guy that she was with.
  我不怎么喜欢那家伙的长相。
  -Howard:Because he looks better than you?
  因为他长得比你帅气?
  -Leonard:Yeah. He was kind of dreamy.
  是啊,可以说是梦幻般的外形。
  -Sheldon: Well, at least now you can retrieve the black box from the twisted, smothering wreckage that was once your fantasy of dating her
  至少你现在还能从燃烧的废墟里,找回装满对她美妙幻想的黑匣子,
  and analyze the data so that you don't crash into geek mountain.
  好好分析下数据,你就不会再坠入"呆子谷"。
  -Howard:I didn’t agree, love is not a sprint; it's a marathon- -
  我反对,爱情不是短跑,而是马拉松。
  a relentless pursuit that only ends when she falls into your arms...
  永不放弃地追逐,直到她最终投入你的怀抱。
  or hits you with the pepper spray.
  或是用防狼喷雾剂喷你。
  -Leonard:No, I'm done with penny.
  不,我和Penny结束了。
  I'm going to be more realistic and go after someone my own speed.
  我要更现实些,去追求合我拍的人。
  -Raj:Like who?
  比如谁?
  -Leonard:I don't know... Olivia Geiger.
  不知道... Olivia Geiger。
  -Sheldon: The dietician at the cafeteria with the limp and the lazy eye?
  自助餐厅里那个有点跛,还有弱视的营养学家?
  -Leonard:Yeah.
  是的。
  -Sheldon: Oh, I don't think you have a shot there.
  哦,我看你没戏。
  I have noticed that Leslie Winkle recently started shaving her legs.
  我注意到Leslie Winkle最近在刮她的腿毛。
  Now given that winter is coming,
  既然冬天都已经到了,
  one can only assume she's signaling sexual availability.
  只能说明她是在暗示,她可以作为做爱对象。
  -Howard:I don't know. You guys work in the same lab.
  我不清楚,你们在同一个实验室。
  -Leonard:So?
  所以呢?
  -Howard:There are pitfalls. Trust me, I know.
  这有隐患,相信我,我清楚。
  When it comes to sexual harassment law, I'm a bit of a self-taught expert.
  说到性骚扰的相关法律,我可是自学而成的专家。
  -Leonard:Look, Howard, if I were to ask Leslie winkle out, it would just be for dinner.
  Howard,如果我要约Leslie Winkle出去,也只是吃顿饭。
  I'm not going to walk into the lab, ask her to strip naked and dance for me.
  我不会去实验室,要她为我跳脱衣舞。
  -Howard:Oh, then you're probably okay.
  哦,那你就没事了。
  -Leonard:Hello, Leslie.
  嗨,Leslie。
  - Leslie:Hi, Leonard.
  嗨,Leonard。
  -Leonard:Leslie, I would like to propose an experiment...
  Leslie,我建议做个实验...
  -Leslie:Goggles, Leonard.
  戴上眼镜,Leonard。
  -Leonard:Right. Leslie, I would like propose an experiment.
  好吧。Leslie,我建议做个实验。
  -Leslie:Hang on.
  等一下。
  I'm trying to see how long it takes a 500 kilowatt oxygen iodine laser
  我想试试一个500千瓦氧碘激光器,
  to heat up my cup noodles.
  得花多久把我的杯装泡面加热。
  -Leonard:I've done it. About two seconds. 2. 6 for minestrone.
  我试过,大概2秒,蔬菜汤花2.6秒。
  Anyway, I was thinking more of a bio- social exploration with a neuro-chemical overlay.
  总之,我在考虑来个生物学的社交探索,结合神经化学方面的专家知识。
  -Leslie:Wait, are you asking me out?
  等等,你约我出去?
  -Leonard:I was going to characterize it as the modification of our colleague- slash- friendship paradigm.
  我认为是改变我们同事/友谊关系的范例,
  with the addition of a date like component,
  外加个约会作为补充成分,
  but we don't need to quibble over terminology.
  但我们不需要一直说术语。
  -Leslie:What sort of experiment would you propose?
  你计划做怎样的实验?
  -Leonard:There's a generally accepted pattern in this area.
  这个领域有种普遍接受的模式。
  I would pick you up, take you to a restaurant.
  我去接你,带你去餐厅,
  Then we would see a movie,
  接着我们可以看场电影。
  probably a romantic comedy featuring the talents of Hugh Grant or Sandra Bullock.
  也许一部休·格兰特或桑德拉·布洛克天才演绎的浪漫轻喜剧。
  -Leslie:Interesting.
  有意思。
  And would you agree that the primary way we would evaluate either the success or failure of the date would be based on the biochemical reaction during the good night kiss?
  你是否同意,我们评价约会成败的依据是基于离别之吻时的化学反应?
  -Leonard:Heart rate, pheromones, etc. Yes.
  心跳率、生化信息素等等,的确。
  -Leslie:Why don't we just stipulate that the date goes well and move to the key variable?
  我们干嘛不假定约会很顺利,直接进行关键的有变数的部分?
  -Leonard:You mean kiss you now?
  你意思是现在就吻你?
  -Leslie:Yes.
  是的。
  -Leonard:Can you define the parameters of the kiss?
  你怎么定义吻的参数吗?
  -Leslie:Close mouthed but romantic. Mint?
  嘴唇的亲密度还有浪漫度,要薄荷吗?
  -Leonard:Thank you.
  谢谢。
  Shall I count down from three?
  我数三下?
  -Leslie:No, I think it needs to be spontaneous.
  不,我觉得应该自然点。
  What do you think?
  感觉怎么样?
  -Leonard:You proposed the experiment. I think you should present your findings first.
  你提出的实验方案,该由你先说说实验的发现。
  -Leslie:Fair enough.
  很公平。
  On the plus side, it was a good kiss.
  从正面讲,这个吻很不错。
  Reasonable technique, no extraneous spittle.
  合理的技术,没有多余的唾沫。
  On the other hand, no arousal.
  另一方面讲,没什么感觉。
  -Leonard:None?
  没感觉?
  -Leslie:None.
  没有。
  -Leonard:Well, thank you for your time.
  呃,很感谢你抽出时间。
  -Leslie:Thank you.
  谢谢你。
  -Leonard:None at all?
  一点感觉都没?
  frosty:冷淡的
  a horde of:一群
  goblin:恶魔,小妖精
  unsheathe;抽出鞘,拔出
  wielders:行使者
  wands:棍,棒
  Lock and load 一句常用的美国口语,荷枪实弹,准备好的意思
  slash:挥砍,鞭打
  prehensile:(足,尾)能抓住的,有捕获力的
  swat:猛击,用力打下去
  mead:蜂蜜酒
  flank:攻击,包抄…侧翼
  spell:n. 一段时间,符咒,魅力
  teleport:vt. (心灵学用语)心灵运输(物体、人)【此处指瞬间离开】
  betray:背叛
  rogue:n.流氓;v.游手好闲【此处指游戏中的盗贼】
  elf:精灵 【rogue night elf 游戏中的人物名称,暗夜精灵盗贼】
  log on:登陆,进入
  avatar:n. 具体化,神之化身
  civil servant:文职公务员
  propensity:倾向,习惯
  snap:猛地咬住
  penny for your thoughts:【其实原来的谚语应该是a penny for your thoughts:用来问一直很安静、不说话的人“在呆呆地想什么”。字面意思是,告诉我你在想什么,我就给你一便士。但是,据说当这种说法刚出现的时候,英国的一便士是值很多钱的。所以,想知道的人是花了大价钱的。】
  infatuation:热恋,迷恋
  devolve into:发展成为
  retrieve:寻回,找回
  black box:黑匣子【用在生物化学和心理学上可以指】
  twisted:扭曲的
  smothering:使...喘不过气来的,使...窒息的
  wreckage:残片,碎片
  relentless:不懈的
  dietician:营养师
  limp:n. 跛行;a. 柔软的,无力的,软弱的;v. 跛行
  lazy eye:弱视
  pitfalls:易犯的错误
  goggles:护目镜
  oxygen:氧
  iodine:碘
  laser:激光
  minestrone:蔬菜汤
  overlay:叠加,覆盖
  paradigm:范例
  quibble:诡辩
  terminology:术语
  Heart rate:心率
  pheromones:信息素 etc.(拉丁文):等等
  stipulate:规定,约定
  parameters:参量,参数
  spontaneous:自发的,无意识的
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288102.html