生活大爆炸第一季第四集_2: The Luminous Fish Effect(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第四集_2: The Luminous Fish Effect

  Well, that was fun.
  刚刚很好玩呀。
  Maybe tomorrow we can go to one of those big warehouse stores.
  也许明天我们能一起去那种仓储式商店。
  -Penny:Oh, I don't know, Sheldon.
  我不知道哦Sheldon。
  It's going to take me a while to recover from all the fun I had today.
  我要花一段时间才能从今天度过的乐趣中恢复过来。
  -Sheldon: Are you sure?
  你确定?
  There are a lot of advantages to buying in bulk.
  大宗采购有很多优势呀。
  For example, I noticed that you purchase your tampons one-month supply at a time.
  比如说,我发现你一个月采购一次卫生棉条。
  -Penny:What?
  什么?
  -Sheldon: Think about it.
  想想啊。
  It's a product that doesn't spoil and you're going to need them for at least the next 30 years.
  这种产品不会变质,而且你接下来至少30年都要用它。
  -Penny:You want me to buy 30 years worth of tampons?
  你要我买30年份的卫生棉条?
  -Sheldon: Well, 30, 35.
  30或35年。
  When did your mother go into menopause?
  你母亲什么时候绝经的?
  -Penny:Okay. I'm not talking about this with you.
  好了,我才不跟你说这个。
  -Sheldon: Oh, Penny, this is a natural human process, and we're talking about statistically significant savings.
  这是人类自然发展进程,而且你能省下一大笔钱。
  Now, if you assume 15 tampons per cycle and a 28-day cycle...
  假设你每次用15条,28天一次...
  Are you fairly regular?
  你经期正常吗?
  Okay, no warehouse store, but we're still on for putt-putt golf, right?
  好吧,不去仓储式商店,但我们还是一起去迷你高尔夫吧?
  -Leonard:Hey, I just ran into penny.
  我刚碰到Penny。
  She seemed upset about something.
  她好像有点心烦。
  -Sheldon: I think it's her time of the month.
  可能她大姨妈来了吧
  I marked the calendar for future reference.
  我在日历上做记录以备参考。
  -Leonard:What's with the fish?
  鱼是怎么回事?
  -Sheldon: It's an experiment.
  是实验呀。
  -Leonard:What happened to your scrambled egg research?
  你的炒蛋研究的怎么样了?
  -Sheldon: Oh, that was a dead end.
  那是死路一条。
  Scrambled eggs are as good as they're ever going to be.
  炒蛋就这样啦。
  -Leonard:So... fish?
  那...鱼?
  -Sheldon: I read an article about Japanese scientists, who inserted DNA from luminous jellyfish into other animals,
  我看到一篇文章说日本科学家将发光水母的DNA注入到其他动物体内,
  and I thought, Hey, fish nightlights.
  我就想 "对哦夜光鱼灯"
  -Leonard:Fish nightlights.
  夜光鱼灯?
  -Sheldon: it’s a billion dollar idea.
  这是个能发大财的主意
  -Leonard:Mouth a word.
  沉默是金。
  Sheldon, are you sure you don’t want to just apologize to Dr. Gablehauser and get your job back?
  Sheldon 你确定不要跟系主任道歉然后回去上班啊?
  -Sheldon: No, no, no, I have too much to do.
  不,不,不,我有太多事情要做。
  -Leonard:Like luminous fish.
  比如说发光鱼。
  -Sheldon: Sh.
  嘘。
  -Leonard:I’m sorry. I don’t know.
  对不起,我不是故意的。
  -Sheldon: That’s just the beginning.
  这只是个开头。
  I also have an idea for a bulk mailer of the female hygiene company.
  我还有个大宗女性护理用品邮购公司的设想。
  the nightlight tampons.
  夜光卫生棉条!
  Leonard, we are going to be rich.
  Leonard我们会暴富.
  -Leonard:Thanks for coming up such a short time.
  谢谢你这么快赶过来。
  -Sheldon’s mom: You do the right thing calling.
  你给我打电话是对的。
  -Leonard:I don’t know what else to do,
  我不知道还能怎么办。
  He has lost all focus.
  他失去生活的重心了。
  Everyday he has a new affection.
  每天他都沉迷于一个新想法。
  This is a particularly disturbing one.
  这一个让我特别困扰。
  -Sheldon:Mommy
  妈妈?
  -Sheldon’s mom: Hi, baby.
  宝贝!
  -Sheldon:You called my mother.
  你给我妈打电话了?!
  -Sheldon’s mom: You got yourself a loom, how nice.
  你给自己弄了个纺织机? 真棒!
  -Sheldon:Thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Sheldon’s mom: Honey, why did you get a loom?
  亲爱的,为什么要弄台纺织机?
  -Sheldon:I was working with luminous fish and I thought “hey loom.”
  我在研究发光鱼,所以我想到...纺织机 (英语中"纺织机"与"发光"发音部分相同)
  Mom, what are you doing here?
  你来这干嘛妈妈?
  -Sheldon’s mom: Leonard called me.
  Leonard给我打电话了。
  -Sheldon:I know, but why?
  我知道,为什么?
  -Leonard: Because one of the great minds of the 21st century is raising glow-in-the-dark fish and weaving serapes.
  因为21世纪最聪明的脑袋用在了养夜光鱼和编织毛毯上。
  -Sheldon:This is not a serape, this is a poncho.
  这不是毛毯,这是雨布。
  A serape is open at the sides; a poncho is closed.
  毛毯不收边,雨布收边。
  This is a poncho.
  所以这是雨布。
  And neither is a reason to call someone's mother.
  不管是什么都不能成为你打电话给别人母亲的理由。
  -Leonard: Really? When was the last time you left the house?
  是吗? 你上一次出家门是什么时候?
  -Sheldon:I went to the market with Penny.
  跟Penny去超市。
  -Leonard: Yeah, that was three weeks ago.
  对,那是三周以前的事了。
  -Sheldon:Well, then buckle up-- in the next four to eight days she's going to get very crabby.
  那么小心啦,接下来的4到8天她会变得很暴躁。
  -Sheldon’s mom: Sweetheart, your little friend is concerned about you.
  亲爱的,你的朋友很担心你。
  -Sheldon:Yes, well, I'm not a child-- I'm a grown man, capable of living my life as I see fit.
  但我是成年人了,我能过自己想要的生活。
  And I certainly don't need someone telling on me to my mother!
  我也绝不需要有人跟我母亲打小报告!
  -Leonard: Wait, where are you going?
  等等,你去哪?
  -Sheldon:To my room-- and no one's allowed in!
  我房间! 闲人免进!
  -Sheldon’s mom: oh, he gets his temper from his daddy.
  他的脾气像他爸爸。
  He's got my eyes.
  眼睛像我。
  -Leonard: I see.
  原来如此。
  -Sheldon’s mom: All that science stuff, that comes from Jesus.
  他的科学头脑是上帝赐予的。
  -Leonard: Sheldon, your mom made dinner.
  Sheldon你妈妈做了晚饭。
  -Sheldon:I'm not hungry!
  我不饿!
  -Sheldon’s mom: Oh, Leonard, don't trouble yourself. He's stubborn.
  Leonard你别管了,他很固执的。
  He may stay in there till the rapture.
  他可能在那待到天使降临。
  -Penny:We so sure that's a bad thing?
  确定那是件坏事?
  -Sheldon’s mom: I tell you, I love the boy to death, but he has been difficult since he fell out of me at the k-mart.
  跟你说,我很爱那孩子,但他很难相处,自从他在Kmart超市从我身体里滑出来后。
  -Howard:Excuse me for being so bold, but I now see where Sheldon gets his smoldering good looks.
  原谅我的无礼,但我终于知道Sheldon英俊的外表是从哪继承的了。
  -Sheldon’s mom: Honey, that are not going to work, but you keep trying
  亲爱的,这不会起作用的,但你可以继续尝试。
  I made chicken.
  我做了鸡肉
  I hope that isn't one of the animals that you people think is magic.
  我希望这不在你们民族觉得神圣的动物之列。
  You know, we have an Indian gentleman at our church,
  我们教堂里有一个印度人,
  a Dr. Patel-- it's a beautiful story.
  Patel医生,这是个感人的故事。
  The lord spoke to him and moved him to give us all 20% off on LASIK --
  上帝给与他启示把他带来我们身边,让我们享受8折激光矫正视力手术。
  you know, those that needed it.
  你知道,给那些需要做这手术的人。
  -Leonard: That is a lovely story.
  真是个感人的故事。
  Um, are we going to do anything about Sheldon?
  Sheldon的事我们不用做什么吗?
  -Sheldon’s mom: Oh, we will.
  当然要。
  You have to take your time with Sheldon.
  对付Sheldon要慢慢来。
  His father, god rest his soul, used to always say to me,
  他死去的爸爸过去总跟我说,
  "Mary, you have to take your time with Sheldon."
  Mary对Sheldon要耐心。
  -Leonard: Sounds like a wise man.
  听起来是个睿智的人啊。
  -Sheldon’s mom: Oh, not so wise.
  没那么睿智
  He once tried to fight a bobcat for some licorice.
  他有一次为了甘草跟山猫打了一架。
  So, everybody grab a plate and a pretty place mat that Shelly wove.
  大家拿盘子还有Sheldon织的餐垫。
  -Penny:Has Shelly ever freaked out like this before?
  他以前也这么发作过吗?
  -Sheldon’s mom: Oh, all the time.
  总是这样。
  I remember one summer when he was 13,
  我记得他13岁时的夏天,
  he built a small nuclear reactor in the shed
  他在小屋里做了一个小型原子反应堆,
  and told everybody he was going to provide free electricity for the whole town.
  然后跟大家说他会为全镇人提供免费电力。
  Well, the only problem was, he had no what you call "fissionable" materials.
  问题是他没有你们所说的"可裂变物质"。
  Anyway, when he went on the internets to get some,
  当他试图上网采购时,
  a man from the government came by and sat him down real gentle,
  一个政府官员来访,很温柔地让他坐下,
  and told him it's against the law to have yellow-cake uranium in a shed.
  告诉他私人持有铀精矿是违法的。
  -Penny:Well, what happened?
  然后呢?
  -Sheldon’s mom: Well, poor boy had a fit.
  发作了呀。
  Locked himself in his room and built a sonic death ray.
  把自己锁在屋里做了个音速死亡放射线仪。
  -Leonard:A death ray?
  死亡放射线?
  -Sheldon’s mom: Well, that's what he called it.
  他是这么叫的。
  Didn't even slow down the neighbor kids.
  那玩意都阻止不了隔壁的小孩。
  It pissed our dog off to no end.
  倒是让家里的狗折腾个没完。
  warehouse:仓库
  in bulk:大量
  tampons:卫生绵塞
  spoil:变质
  menopause:绝经期
  run into:遇见
  scrambled:(用黄油)炒蛋
  dead end: 死巷,死胡同
  insert:插入,注入
  luminous:发光的
  jellyfish:海蜇
  affection:喜爱
  loom: 织布机
  glow-in-the-dark:发光色
  weaving:编制
  serape:华丽的毛织布
  poncho:斗篷
  buckle up:小心
  crabby:暴躁
  rapture:狂喜
  LASIK:眼科手术
  bobcat:山猫
  licorice:甘草
  nuclear reactor:核反应堆
  shed:棚,库
  fissionable:可引起核分裂的
  uranium :铀
  piss off:使厌烦
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288106.html