生活大爆炸第一季第五集_1:The Hamburger Postulate(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第五集_1:The Hamburger Postulate

  -Sheldon: All right! I’m moving my infantry division.
  好吧,我要调动我的步兵师。
  -Sheldon: Augmented by battalion of orcs from land of the rings.
  从指环王里的兽人营加过来的。
  -Sheldon: We flank the Tennessee volunteers.
  我们从侧翼包围了田纳西的志愿兵。
  -Sheldon: And the north, once again, wins the Battle of Gettysburg.
  而在北方,我们又一次赢得了葛底斯堡战役。
  -Howard: Not so fast!
  没那么快!
  -Howard: Remember, the south still has two infantry divisions.
  别忘了,南方还有两个步兵师。
  -Howard: Plus superman and Godzilla.
  再加上超人和哥斯拉。
  -Leonard: No, orcs are magic. Superman is vulnerable to magic.
  不,兽人会魔法,超人对魔法无能为力。
  -Leonard: Not to mention you already lost Godzilla to the Illinois Cavalry and Hulk.
  更别提哥斯拉早已被伊利诺伊骑兵和绿巨人消灭。
  -Rajesh: Why don't you just have Robert E. Lee charge the line with Shiva and Ganesh?
  为什么不让罗伯特·李将军还有湿婆和格涅沙来统领这一战线?
  -Penny: You guys ready to order?
  可以点餐了吗?
  -Howard: Hang on, honey.
  稍等,宝贝。
  -Howard: Shiva and Ganesh?
  湿婆和格涅沙?
  -Howard: The Hindu gods, against the entire Union army?
  印度教之神? 对抗整个北部联军?
  -Leonard: And orcs.
  还有半兽人。
  -Penny: I'll be back.
  我稍候再来。
  -Rajesh: Excuse me.
  不好意思。
  -Rajesh: Ganesh is the remover of obstacles and Shiva is the destroyer.
  Ganesh擅长清除障碍,湿婆是毁灭之神。
  -Rajesh: When the smoke clears, Abraham Lincoln will be speaking Hindi and drinking mint juleps.
  当硝烟散尽,林肯将会说印第语,喝南方的薄荷饮料。
  -Penny: All right, my boss says you have to either order or leave and never come back.
  我老板说你们要么点餐,要么永远给他滚蛋。
  -Howard: What do you recommend for someone who worked up a man-sized appetite from a morning of weight training and cardio funk?
  对于做了一早上的举重和有氧锻炼,大胃口的我有什么推荐菜式?
  -Penny: A shower.
  洗澡。
  -Howard: I'll take the Heart Smart platter.
  我要个奶酪拼盘。
  -Penny: All right, thank you, and Sheldon?
  好,谢谢你,Sheldon呢?
  -Sheldon: We don't eat here.
  我们没在这里吃过。
  -Sheldon: I don't know what's good.
  不知道什么好吃。
  -Penny: Well, it's all good.
  都很好吃。
  -Sheldon: Statistically unlikely.
  概率上不太可能。
  -Leonard: Just get a hamburger.
  就点一个汉堡。
  -Leonard: You like hamburgers.
  你喜欢汉堡。
  -Sheldon: I like the hamburgers where we usually have hamburgers.
  我喜欢我们常去的那家汉堡店的汉堡。
  -Sheldon: You can't make the assumption that I'll like the hamburgers here.
  不能假定我也喜欢这里的汉堡。
  -Leonard: I'm sorry.
  对不起。
  -Leonard: Give him a hamburger.
  给他一个汉堡。
  -Penny: All right, which one?
  好吧,哪种?
  -Penny: The Classic Burger, the Ranch House Burger, the Barbecue Burger, or the Kobe Burger?
  经典汉堡,农家汉堡,烧烤汉堡还是柯比汉堡?
  -Sheldon: Can't we just go to Big Boy?
  能不能去大胖汉堡店?
  -Sheldon: They only have one burger... the Big Boy.
  大胖汉堡只有一种汉堡。
  -Penny: Well, the Barbecue Burger is like the Big Boy.
  烧烤汉堡跟大胖汉堡挺像的。
  -Sheldon: Excuse me, in a world that already includes a Big Boy, why would I settle for something like a Big Boy?
  对不起,既然世上已经有大胖汉堡,为什么我们要满足于像大胖汉堡呢?
  -Penny: Because you're not at Big Boy!
  因为你不在大胖汉堡店!
  -Sheldon: Fine, I'll have the Barbecue Burger.
  好吧那我要烧烤汉堡。
  -Leonard: Make it two.
  我也要这个。
  -Sheldon: Waitresses don't yell at you at Big Boy.
  大胖汉堡店的侍应从不高声训我。
  -Leslie: Hey, Leonard. Hi, guys.
  嘿,Leonard,你们好。
  -Men: Hey.
  你好。
  -Leonard: Hi, Leslie.
  你好,Leslie。
  -Leslie: I didn't know you ate here.
  不知道你们会来这里吃饭。
  -Sheldon: We don't.
  确实不会。
  -Sheldon: This is a disturbing aberration.
  这次是烦扰的例外。
  -Leonard: Leslie, this is Penny.
  Leslie,她是Penny。
  -Leonard: She lives across the hall from Sheldon and me.
  她住在我和Sheldon的对面。
  -Howard: And walks in quiet beauty like the night.
  她走在美的光彩中,像夜晚 (诗人拜伦的名句)。
  -Penny: Howard, I've asked you not to do that.
  Howard,我已经说了别这样.
  -Leonard: Leslie and I do research together at the university.
  Leslie和我在同个实验室做研究。
  -Penny: Oh, wow, a girl scientist.
  哇,女科学家。
  -Leslie: Yep, come for the breasts, stay for the brains.
  没错,勾人靠胸,留人靠脑。
  -Leslie: So, I'm glad I ran into you.
  碰见你太好了。
  -Leslie: The Physics Department string quartet needs a new cellist.
  物理系弦乐四重奏还缺一个大提琴。
  -Leonard: What happened to Elliot Wong?
  Elliot Wong怎么啦?
  -Leslie: He switched over to high-energy radiation research
  他调到高能辐射课题组了。
  -Leslie: Had a little mishap, and now the other guys are uncomfortable sitting next to him.
  发生一些小意外,其他团员怕坐他身边被辐射。
  -Leslie: So are you in?
  你来不来?
  -Leonard: Yeah, sure, why not?
  当然来。
  -Leslie: Great, we rehearse on Tuesdays at your place.
  太好了,周二去你那里彩排。
  -Sheldon: Why at my place?
  为什么去我那里?
  -Leslie: Yeah, Department of Energy said our regular space is kind of a hot zone.
  能源部说我们原来排练的地方现在是危险区。
  -Leslie: Nice meeting you.
  很高兴见到你。
  -Penny: Yeah, you, too.
  我也是。
  -Penny: Leonard, I didn't know you played the cello.
  Leonard,不知道你会拉大提琴。
  -Leonard: Yeah, my parents felt that naming me Leonard and putting me in Advanced Placement classes wasn't getting me beaten up enough.
  是啊,我父母觉得给我取名Leonard,让我上天才班,还不够招人恨的。
  -Howard: If you're into music, I happen to be a human beat box.
  你喜欢音乐吗? 我会学口技。
  -Penny: Really?
  真的?
  -Penny: I'm actually not that into music.
  其实我不是太喜欢音乐。
  -Penny: So, hey, your friend's really cute. Anything going on with you two?
  你那个朋友不错,你们俩是不是有点情况?
  -Leonard: Leslie?
  Leslie?
  -Leonard: No, no.
  没有。
  -Leonard: What, are you kidding? He asked her out once.
  怎么可能? 他约过她一次
  -Sheldon: It was an embarrassing failure.
  尴尬地失败了。
  -Leonard: Thank you, Sheldon.
  多谢,Sheldon。
  -Sheldon: Oh, I'm sorry.
  噢,对不起。
  -Sheldon: Was that supposed to be a secret?
  这个需要保密吗?
  -Penny: Aw, that's too bad.
  哦,太可惜了。
  -Penny: You guys would make a cute couple.
  你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣。
  -Rajesh: Oh, dear.
  我的天。
  -Howard: What's the matter?
  怎么了?
  -Rajesh: She didn't take my order.
  她没问我点什么。
  -Howard: How can she take your order?
  她怎么问你?
  -Howard: when you're too neurotic to talk to her?
  你紧张得连话都不会说。
  -Rajesh: Nevertheless, this will be reflected in her tip.
  尽管如此,这将反映在她的小费上。
  -Sheldon: What did Penny mean, "You would make a cute couple?"
  Penny说"你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣" 什么意思?
  -Leonard: Well, I assume she meant the two of you together would constitute a couple that others might consider cute.
  我想她的意思是,你们两个在一起可以组成情侣,并且令其他人觉得你们甜蜜。
  -Sheldon: An alternate and somewhat less likely interpretation is that you could manufacture one.
  另一个不太可能的解释是你们可以制造一对情侣。
  -Sheldon: As in, "Oh, look, Leonard and Leslie made Mr. and Mrs. Goldfarb. Aren't they adorable?"
  例如,"快看 Leonard和Leslie所生的 Goldfarb夫妻,是不是很可爱?"
  -Leonard: If Penny didn't know that Leslie had turned me down,
  如果Penny不知道Leslie拒绝过我,
  then it would unambiguously mean that she, Penny, thought I should ask her,
  那么这一句的所指将十分清晰即她(Penny)认为我应该追她(Leslie)。
  Leslie, out indicating that she, Penny, had no interest in me asking her, Penny, out.
  表明她(Penny)对于我,追求她(Penny)并无兴趣。
  But, because she did know that I had asked Leslie out
  但由于她知道我追过Leslie
  and that she, Leslie, had turned me down, then she, Penny, could be offering consolation.
  并且她(Leslie)已经拒绝我,那么她(Penny)可能只是安慰我。
  "That's too bad, you would have made a cute couple..."
  "真可惜,你们本来可以做一对甜蜜情侣..."
  But while thinking:" Good, Leonard remains available."
  并且暗想,很好,Leonard还是单身。
  -Sheldon: You're a lucky man, Leonard.
  你很幸运,Leonard。
  -Leonard: How so?
  怎么说?
  -Sheldon: You're talking to one of the three men in the western hemisphere capable of following that train of thought.
  听你说话的人是西半球仅有的三个能跟得上你思维的人之一。
  -Leonard: Well, what do you think?
  那么,你怎么看?
  -Sheldon: I said I could follow it. I didn't say I care.
  我只是说我能跟上,不代表我有兴趣。
  -Leslie: I admire your fingering.
  我很欣赏你的指法。
  -Leonard: Thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Leslie: Maybe sometime you can try that on my instrument.
  也许你可以在我的"乐器"上演练一下。
  -Leslie: Good night, guys. Good job.
  晚安兄弟。练得不错。
  -Man: Thanks.
  谢谢。
  -Leslie: See you next week.
  下周见。
  -Leonard: That was fun, Leslie. Thanks for including me.
  挺好玩的,Leslie,多谢你叫上我。
  -Leslie: You're welcome.
  不客气。
  -Leslie: If you're up for it, we could practice that middle section again.
  如果你有兴趣,我们可以练一下中间部分。
  -Leonard: Sure, why not?
  当然好。
  -Leslie: Just so we're clear, you understand that me hanging back to practice with you
  说说清楚比较好,你知不知道我留下来陪你加练。
  is a pretext for letting you know that I'm sexually available.
  是一个铺垫,为了让你知道我是潜在性对象。
  -Leonard: Really?
  真的?
  -Leslie: Yeah, I'm good to go.
  是的,我随时可以。
  -Leonard: I thought you weren't interested in me.
  我以为你对我没兴趣。
  -Leslie: That was before I saw you handling that beautiful piece of wood between your legs.
  那是在看到你摆弄两腿之间那块优雅的木头之前。
  -Leonard: You mean my cello?
  你是指大提琴?
  -Leslie: No, I mean the obvious, crude, double entendre.
  不,那是一个明显下流的双关。
  -Leslie: I'm seducing you.
  我在勾引你。
  -Leonard: No kidding.
  不是吧。
  -Leslie: What can I say? I'm a passionate and impulsive woman.
  怎么说呢?我是有激情的冲动型女人。
  -Leslie: So how about it?
  你说呢?
  -Leonard: Gee. Uh...
  这个,呃...
  -Leslie: Is it the waitress?
  因为那个侍应生?
  -Leonard: Penny? What about her?
  Penny? 她怎么了?
  -Leslie: I thought I saw your pupils dilate when you looked at her.
  你看她的时候瞳孔放大。
  -Leslie: Which, unless you’re a heroin addict, points to sexual attraction?
  这表明有性吸引力,除非是海洛因成瘾反应。
  -Leonard: Well, I did have a poppy seed bagel for breakfast.
  我早餐吃了一个含罂粟籽的百吉饼。
  -Leonard: Which could cause a positive urine test for opiates but certainly not dilate my pupils?
  可能导致鸦片碱尿检阳性,但肯定不至于扩大瞳孔。
  -Leonard: So I guess there was no point in bringing it up.
  所以...我不知道为什么要说起这个。
  -Leslie: You and the waitress then.
  你和那个侍应生。
  -Leonard: No... No.
  没有,没有。
  -Leonard: There's nothing going on between Penny and me.
  我和Penny之间没什么。
  -Leslie: So you're open to a sexual relationship?
  所以你可以建立性关系咯?
  -Leonard: Yeah, yeah, I guess I am.
  可以可以,我想。
  -Leslie: Good.
  好。
  -Leonard: Yeah, it is. It is good.
  很好。
  -Leonard: Did you want to start now?
  要现在就开始?
  -Leslie: Why don't we finish the section first?
  演完这一章吧。
  -Leonard: Oh, okay.
  好的。
  -Leonard: A little musical foreplay. Terrific.
  音乐前戏,不错。
  -Leonard: I'm g-good to go.
  我准备好了。
  -Leslie: Me, too.
  我也是。
  postulate:假定,基本条件
  infantry division :步兵师
  augment:增加,增大
  battalion :营,军队,集团
  orc:【兽人】
  flank:攻击侧面
  Battle of Gettysburg:【葛底斯堡战役, 美国南北战争中的转折点】
  Godzilla:【哥斯拉,日本卡通和电影的怪物名称】
  Hulk:废船,笨重之人或物【指美国电影《绿巨人》中的人物】
  Robert E. Lee:【罗伯特·李将军, 美国南北战争南军统帅】
  Shiva: 【湿婆,印度教三大主神之一】
  Ganesh: 【象头神, 湿婆神的大儿子】
  julep:冰镇薄荷酒
  cardio funk:有氧锻炼
  ranch:牧场
  aberration:越轨【这里是例外的意思】
  string quartet: 【弦乐四重奏】
  cellist:大提琴演奏家
  mishap:不幸之事,灾祸,恶运
  rehearse:预演,排演,预先演习
  cello: 大提琴
  Advanced Placement classes : 跨级班
  human beat box:【口技】
  alternate:交替的,轮流的【另一个】
  unambiguously:明显的
  fingering:用指摸弄,抚弄,捻弄【指法】
  hang back:犹豫
  poppy: 罂粟
  bagel:百吉饼
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288111.html