生活大爆炸第一季第五集_3:The Hamburger Postulate(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第五集_3:The Hamburger Postulate

  -Leonard: You can stare at your board all day, Sheldon.
  你就算一直瞪着写字板 Sheldon。
  -Leonard: She's still going to be right.
  她还是对的。
  -Penny: Oh, hey, Leonard.
  嘿,Leonard。
  -Leonard: Oh, hi
  嗨。
  -Penny: So... how's it going?
  那么... 如何呀?
  -Leonard: Pretty good.
  还好。
  -Penny: Just pretty good?
  只是还好?
  -Penny: I'd think you were doing very good.
  我觉得是很好呀。
  -Leonard: Pretty, very... there's really no objective scale for delineating variations of "good. "
  还 "很"... 描述"好"的变化程度,并没有客观的范围。
  -Leonard: Why do you ask?
  你为什么这么问?
  -Penny: Well, a little bird told me that you and Leslie hooked up last night.
  小鸟告诉我昨晚你跟Leslie勾搭上了。
  -Leonard: Sheldon!
  -Penny: So, is it serious? Do you like her?
  你是来真的? 你喜欢她吗?
  -Leonard: I don't...
  我不...
  -Leonard: Th-th-that's really two different questions.
  那是两个不同的问题。
  -Leonard: Uh, I'm not...
  我不是...
  -Leonard: Sheldon, we have to go!
  Sheldon 我们得走了!
  -Sheldon: Boy, you're wound awfully tight for a man who's just had sexual intercourse.
  刚做完爱,你就这么赶时间?
  -Penny: All right, well, I'll talk to you later, but I am so happy for you, Leonard.
  迟些找你吧,真为你高兴,Leonard。
  -Leonard: Thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Leonard: What did she mean she's happy for me?
  她为我高兴是什么意思?
  -Leonard: Is she happy that I'm seeing someone?
  她高兴我现在有伴了?
  -Leonard: Or is she happy because she thinks that I'm happy?
  还是因为我开心所以她高兴?
  -Leonard: Because anyone who cared for someone would want them to be happy.
  如果一个人喜欢别人,就会希望那人开心吧?
  -Leonard: Even if the reason for their happiness made the first person unhappy.
  就算那人开心的理由让前者伤心。
  -Leonard: Because the second person, though happy, is now romantically unavailable to the first person.
  因为开心的后者,就不能跟前者成为情侣了。
  -Sheldon: Do you realize I may have to share a Nobel Prize with your booty call?
  你意识到我可能要跟你的炮友分享诺贝尔奖吗?
  -Leonard: You know what?
  你知道吗?
  -Leonard: I'm being ridiculous.
  我真可笑。
  Who cares what Penny thinks?
  谁在乎Penny怎么想?
  Leslie is a terrific girl.
  Leslie是个很棒的女孩。
  She's attractive.
  漂亮。
  We like each other.
  我们喜欢对方。
  She's extremely intelligent...
  她还超级聪明。
  -Sheldon: She's not that intelligent.
  哪有很聪明。
  -Leonard: She fixed your equation.
  她改好了你的公式。
  -Sheldon: She got lucky. You don't believe in luck.
  那是走运,你根本不相信运气这种事。
  -Leonard: I don't have to believe in it for her to be lucky.
  我不信,但她也可以走运。
  Regardless, I have a chance at a real relationship with Leslie.
  我跟Leslie可能有机会恋爱。
  I'm not going to pass that up for some hypothetical future of happiness with a woman
  我不会放弃这段感情的,而只为了跟一个可能希望,也可能不希望我和别人开心的女人。
  who may or may not want me to be happy, with a woman who is currently making me happy.
  拥有一段假想的幸福未来,而现在那个别人已经让我很开心了。
  -Sheldon: Leonard...
  Leonard...
  -Leonard: Yeah?
  啊?
  -Sheldon: I still don't care.
  我还是没兴趣。
  -Leonard: Hey, Leslie.
  嗨,Leslie。
  -Leslie: Careful, Leonard.
  小心,Leonard。
  Liquid nitrogen,320 degrees below zero.
  液氮,华氏零下320度。
  -Leonard: Why are smashing a flash-frozen banana?
  你为什么要砸碎速冻香蕉?
  -Leslie: Because I got a bowl of Cheerios and I couldn't find a knife. Oh.
  我有碗谷物早餐,又找不到刀子。
  -Leonard: So anyway... Hello.
  那么...你好。
  Uh, what are you doing?
  你在干嘛?
  -Leonard: Just extending the intimacy.
  跟你亲近一下。
  -Leonard: Hey, do you want to slip over to the radiation lab and share a decontamination shower?
  想溜进辐射实验室,一起洗个去污澡吗?
  -Leslie: Okay, uh, what exactly do you think's going on between us?
  你觉得我们俩之间发生了什么事?
  -Leonard: I'm not sure, but I think I'm about to discover how the banana felt.
  不知道,不过我可能就要,知道那香蕉什么感觉了。
  -Leslie: Listen, Leonard, neither of us are neuroscientists, but we both understand the biochemistry of sex.
  Leonard,我们都不是神经学家,但是都了解性的生物化学原理。
  I mean, dopamine in our brains is released across synapses, causing pleasure.
  脑中的多巴胺在神经键中释放,造成快感。
  You stick electrodes in a rat's brain; give him an orgasm button,
  在老鼠大脑里置入电极,再给它安个高潮按键,
  he'll push that thing until he starves to death.
  它会一直按着那个键直到死。
  -Leonard: Well, who wouldn't?
  谁不会呢?
  -Leslie: Well, the only difference between us and the rat is that you can't stick an electrode in our hypothalamus.
  我们跟老鼠的区别就在于无法在我们视丘下部置入电极
  That's where you come in.
  所以你就派上用场了。
  -Leonard: Yeah, well, I'm just glad to be a part of it.
  很高兴能起到作用。
  -Leonard: So what happens now?
  那么现在如何?
  -Leslie: Well, I don't know about your sex drive, but I'm probably good till New Year's.
  不知道你性欲多强烈,但我到新年之前应该都够了。
  -Leonard: Oh. Okay. Thank you.
  好吧,谢谢。
  -Leslie: Thank you.
  谢谢你。
  -Leonard: You want to make plans for New Year's?
  要订新年的计划吗?
  -Leslie: Whoa, Leonard, please. You're smothering me.
  Leonard 拜托了,你逼得我喘不过气来。
  -Leonard: Oh. Sorry.
  抱歉。
  -Howard: Hey, look. It's Dr. Stud!
  瞧瞧,这不是种马博士吗!
  -Leonard: Dr. What?
  什么博士?
  -Howard: The blogosphere is a-buzzing with news of youand Leslie Winkle making eine kleine bang-bang music.
  博客界的人都因为你跟Leslie奏响的嘿休小夜曲兴奋不已呢!
  -Leonard: What? How did it get on the Internet?
  这事怎么传上互联网的?
  -Howard: I put it there.
  我放上去的。
  -Leonard: Well, how did you know about it?
  你怎么知道的?
  -Rajesh: A little bird told us.
  小鸟告诉我们的。
  Apparently, you are a magnificent beast.
  显然你是了不起的野兽
  -Leonard: That part's true.
  那倒是真的。
  -Sheldon: You know, I think I may have misjudged this restaurant.
  我想我给这家餐厅的评价错了。
  -Leonard: No kidding.
  不是吧。
  -Sheldon: I don't want to go out on a limb,
  我不想冒险。
  -Sheldon: but I think we may be looking at my new Tuesday hamburger.
  但我可能找到了新的周二汉堡包。
  -Leonard: Your old Tuesday hamburger will be so brokenhearted.
  原来的周二汉堡会很伤心的。
  -Sheldon: Way ahead of you.
  早想到了。
  -Sheldon: I was thinking of moving Big Boy to Thursdays, and just dropping Souplantation.
  我想把"大胖汉堡"挪到周四,放弃"汤植园" (一家自助餐厅)
  -Leonard: Really? Yeah.
  真的?对。
  -Sheldon: The name always confused me anyway.
  我总是搞不懂这名字。
  -Sheldon: Souplantation.
  汤植园。
  -Sheldon: You can't grow soup.
  汤可没法种植出来。
  -Penny: So, how's everything?
  如何呀?
  -Sheldon: Mmm! Terrific.
  棒极了。
  -Sheldon: You'll be happy to know that I plan to come here every Tuesday night
  for the foreseeable future.
  在可预见的将来,我打算每周二晚上都来这你开心吧
  -Penny: Really? Oh, yay!
  真的? 太好了~
  -Sheldon: Who do I speak to about permanently reserving this table?
  如果要永久订下这张台要跟谁谈?
  -Penny: Um... I don't know... a psychiatrist?
  不知道,心理医生吧?
  -Penny: So, hey, how are things with you and Leslie?
  嘿,你和Leslie如何?
  -Leonard: Oh, to be honest, I don't think it's going to work out.
  说实话,我看没戏。
  -Penny: Oh. Oh, that's too bad.
  啊,太糟了。
  -Penny: Well, hey, don't worry.
  别担心。
  -Penny: I'm sure there's someone out there who's just right for you.
  我相信会有合适你的人的。
  -Leonard: What did she mean by that?!
  她那么说什么意思?
  -Leonard: Was that just a generic platitude,
  是习惯性的说词?
  -Leonard: or was that a subtle bid for attention?
  还是巧妙地在吸引我的注意?
  -Sheldon: You know why this hamburger surpasses the Big Boy?
  你知道这个比大胖汉堡强的原因吗?
  -Sheldon: This is a single-decker hamburger, whereas the Big Boy is a double-decker.
  这是单层的,大胖汉堡是双层。
  -Sheldon: This has a much more satisfying meat-to-bun-to-condiment ratio.
  这个汉堡的肉,面包和调料的比例,更令人满意。
  -Leonard: Are you even listening to me?
  你在听我说话吗?
  -Sheldon: Of course, I'm listening.
  当然,在听。
  -Sheldon: Blah, blah, hopeless Penny delusion, blah, blah, blah.
  废话+关于Penny无望的幻想+废话
  -Leonard: Okay, then.
  那好吧。
  -Leonard: You know, you can grow the ingredients for soup.
  你知道,汤的配料是可以种植的。
  delineate:描绘
  pass up:放弃
  hypothetical:假设的
  smother:使…喘不过气
  go out on a limb:孤立无援的境地
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288120.html