生活大爆炸第一季第八集_1:The Grasshopper Experiment(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第八集_1:The Grasshopper Experiment

  -Sheldon:Damn you, walletnook.com!
  去死吧,隐蔽钱包网。
  -Leonard:Problem?
  有麻烦了?
  -Sheldon:The online description was completely misleading.
  网站上的介绍完全是在误导人。
  They said eight slots, plus removable ID.
  他们说有8个夹层外加一个抽取式证件存放层。
  To any rational person, that would mean room for nine cards,
  这对任何正常人都意味着能放9张卡,
  but they don't tell you,
  但他们不告诉你,
  the removable ID takes up one slot.
  证件存放层要放在1个夹层里。
  It's a nightmare!
  真是场恶梦!
  -Leonard:Okay, now, do you really need
  好吧,但你真会用到那张
  the Honorary Justice League of America membership card?
  美国正义联盟荣誉会员卡吗? (由超人、猫女等多名超级动画英雄组成的为世界正义和公平而战的联盟)
  -Sheldon:It's been in every wallet I've owned since I was five.
  我从5岁起就一直保持卡不离钱包了。
  -Leonard:Why?
  为什么?
  -Sheldon:It says "Keep this on your person at all times."
  这上面说"任何时候都要随身携带"。
  It's right here under Batman's signature.
  就在这儿,蝙蝠侠签名的下面。
  -Raj:...and this is Leonard and Sheldon's apartment.
  ...这里是Leonard和Sheldon的公寓。
  -Howard:Guess whose parents just got broadband.
  猜猜谁的父母刚装了宽带。
  -Raj:Leonard, may I present, live from New Delhi,
  Leonard请允许我引见来自新德里的现场直播,
  Dr. and Mrs. V. M. Koothrappali.
  V.M.Koothrappali博士及其夫人。
  -Leonard:Hi!
  嗨!
  -Raj’s father: Tilt up the camera up!
  把摄像头往上抬!
  I'm looking at his crotch.
  我正看着他的裤裆呢。
  -Raj:Sorry, Papa.
  对不起爸爸。
  -Raj’s father: Oh, that's much better. Hi.
  这样好多了,嗨。
  -Leonard:Hi!
  嗨!
  -Raj:And over here is Sheldon.
  这边就是Sheldon。
  -Sheldon:Hi!
  嗨!
  -Raj:He lives with Leonard.
  他和Leonard住一起。
  -Raj’s mother:Oh, that's nice.
  哦,真不错。
  Like Haroon and Tanvir.
  就像Haroon和Tanvir。
  -Raj:No, no. Not like Haroon and Tanvir.
  不,不,不像Haroon和Tanvir。
  -Raj’s mother:Such sweet young men.
  多么可爱的一对年轻人。
  They just adopted the cutest little Punjabi baby.
  他们刚领养了个超可爱的旁遮普小孩。
  -Leonard:No, we're not like Haroon and Tanvir.
  不,我们不像Haroon和Tanvir。
  -Raj’s father: So, are you boys academics like our son?
  你们和我儿子一样都是学术派吗?
  -Leonard and Sheldon:Yes.
  是的。
  -Raj’s father: And your parents are comfortable with your limited earning potential?
  你们父母对你们有限的赚钱能力满意吗?
  -Sheldon:Oh, yes
  满意。
  -Leonard:Not at all.
  一点儿也不满意。
  -Raj:Papa, please.  Don't start.
  爸爸求你别说这个了。
  -Raj’s father: It was just a question.
  只是问问而已。
  He's so sensitive.
  他真敏感。
  -Raj:Okay, that's my life. That's my friends.
  好了,这就是我的生活和我的朋友。
  Good to see you. Say good-bye.
  很高兴见到你,说再见吧。
  -Leonard and Sheldon:Bye-Bye.
  拜拜。
  -Raj’s father: Wait! Wait!
  等等,等等!
  Before you go, we have good news.
  在走之前我还有个好消息。
  Put the computer down and gather your friends.
  把电脑放下让你的朋友们都过来。
  -Raj:What is it, Papa?
  什么事?爸...
  -Raj’s father: friends.
  朋友们。
  -Howard:Is it just me, or does web chatting with your clothes on seem a little pointless?
  是不是只有我觉得穿着衣服视频极其无趣?
  -Raj’s mother:Rajesh, do you remember Lalita Gupta?
  Rajesh你还记得Lalita Gupta吗?
  -Raj:The little fat girl that used to kick me in the samosas and call me untouchable?
  那个老踢我要害还骂我是贱民的小胖妞?
  -Raj’s mother:Yes. Well, now she's a dental student at USC,
  对,她现在是南加州大学口腔专业的学生,
  so we gave her your contact information.
  我们把你的联系方式给她了。
  -Raj:Why did you do that?
  你们为什么要那样做?
  -Raj’s father: You're 26 years old, Rajesh.
  你都26岁了Rajesh。
  We want grandchildren.
  我们想抱孙子了。
  -Raj:But, Papa, I'm not supposed...
  但是,爸爸我不能...
  -Raj’s mother:Lalita's parents approved the match.
  Lalita的父母也同意这门婚事。
  -Raj’s father: If you decide on a spring wedding,
  如果你们决定春天结婚,
  we can avoid monsoon season.
  正好可以错开雨季。
  -Raj:A spring wedding?!
  春天结婚?!
  -Raj’s mother:It's up to you, dear. We don't want to meddle.
  这由你决定,亲爱的我们不想插手。
  -Raj:If you don't want to meddle, then why are you meddling?
  如果你们不想插手为什么你们还在插手?
  -Sheldon:If I may, your parents probably don't consider this meddling.
  容我说一句,你父母可能不觉得他们在插手,
  While arranged marriages are no longer the norm,
  虽然包办婚姻已不再是一种制度,
  Indian parents continue to have a greater-than-average involvement in their children's love lives.
  印度父母对子女的爱情生活仍旧进行过多的干涉。
  -Raj:Why are you telling me about my own culture?
  你干吗要给我解释我自己的文化?
  -Sheldon:You seemed confused.
  你看上去挺迷茫的。
  -Raj:Sorry, Mummy, Papa, but with all due respect, I really..
  对不起爸爸妈妈,恕我直言,我真的...
  -Raj’s mother:I'm sorry, darling. We have to go.
  对不起亲爱的,我们得下了。
  Doogie Howser is on.
  天才小医生开始了 (1989-1993首播的美剧)
  Grandma!
  奶奶!
  It's Doogie Time!
  该看"天才小医生"了!
  Bye-bye!
  拜拜!
  -Raj’s father:Bye-bye!
  拜拜!
  -Raj:I don't believe it.
  我真不敢相信。
  -Howard:Neither do I.
  我也不信。
  Doogie Howser's been off the air for like 20 years.
  天才小医生20多年没在电视上播过了。
  -Leonard:Actually, I read somewhere
  实际上,我在书上读到过
  that it's one of the most popular programs in India.
  那是印度最受欢迎的节目之一。
  -Sheldon:It might speak to a cultural aspiration
  这说不定能解释父母为何渴望
  to have one's children enter the medical profession.
  培养子女从事医疗行业了。
  -Leonard:I bet you're right.
  我猜你是对的。
  -Howard:I bet they love Scrubs.
  我猜他们肯定爱看"实习医生风云" (2001年首播的医务喜剧)。
  -Sheldon:What's not to love?
  干嘛不爱呢?
  -Raj:Excuse me! Hello?
  打扰一下!哈喽?
  My parents are trying to marry me off to a total stranger.
  我爸妈要让我娶一个陌生人。
  What am I going to do?
  我该怎么办?
  -Sheldon:I suggest you go through with it.
  我建议你把结婚进行到底。
  -Raj:What?!
  什么?!
  -Sheldon:Romantic love as the basis for marriage has only existed since the 19th century.
  人们从19世纪开始才把浪漫爱情作为婚姻的基础。
  Up until then,
  在那之前,
  arranged marriages were the norm,
  一直实行包办婚姻制度,
  and it served society quite well.
  它同样能很好的服务于社会。
  -Howard:It's the entire premise of Fiddler on the Roof.
  这就是"屋顶上的提琴手"的大背景。
  -Leonard:I'm not a big fan of musicals, but I love that show.
  我虽然不喜欢音乐剧但爱看那一部。
  -Howard:Me too.
  我也是。
  Of course, it speaks to me culturally.
  当然,它的文化差异深深打动了我。
  -Sheldon:Understandable, but there's a universality to that story which transcends ethnicity.
  可以理解但故事里还有一种超越种族划分的普遍共通性。
  -Howard:Let's not forget it's got some really catchy tunes.
  别忘了还有那些动听的旋律。
  -Leonard:Oh, absolutely.
  毫无疑问。
  -Raj:Okay, I know what I'm going to do.
  好,我知道该怎么办了。
  -Leonard:What?
  怎么办?
  -Raj:Find new friends.
  去找些新朋友。
  -Howard:So who wants to rent Fiddler?
  谁想租"提琴手"来看?
  -Sheldon:No need, we have the special edition.
  不用租我们有特别珍藏版。
  -Leonard:Well, maybe we are like Haroon and Tanvir.
  可能我们确实像Haroon和Tanvir。
  -Sheldon:Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
  我是Sheldon Cooper博士。
  Yeah, I need to cancel my membership to the planetarium.
  我想取消我天文馆的会员资格。
  Well, I'm sorry, too,
  是这样,我也很遗憾,
  but there's just no room for you in my wallet.
  但我钱包里没有贵馆的容身之地。
  I understand, but it was between you and the Museum of Natural History,
  我明白,但我必须在贵馆和自然博物馆中作出选择,
  and frankly, you don't have dinosaurs.
  坦白的说你那里并没有恐龙。
  I'll miss you, too. Bye-bye.
  我也会想你的,拜拜。
  Okay, I know you're texting about me and I'd really like you to stop.
  我知道你在发短信和别人一起嘲笑我,我很希望你能停止。
  -Raj:Oh, dear, I am rightly and truly screwed.
  天哪,我会死的很惨很难看。
  -Leonard:Hey, I thought you were finding new friends.
  嘿,我以为你去交新朋友了。
  -Raj:I've got some feelers out.
  我已经全面撒网了。
  In the meantime, listen to this.
  在等鱼的同时听听这个。
  -Lalita:Hi, Rajesh. This is Lalita Gupta.
  嗨,Rajesh。我是Lalita Gupta。
  Uh, your mother gave my mother your phone number to give to me.
  你妈把你的号码给了我妈让她给我。
  So, I'm calling you and, uh, call me back. Bye.
  所以我就打你电话了,给我回话。拜。
  -Raj:Can you believe how pushy she is?
  你们能相信她居然这么主动吗?
  -Leonard:So don't call her.
  那就别给她打。
  -Raj:If I don't call her,
  如果我不给她打,
  I won't hear the end of it from my parents.
  我爸妈会唠叨个没完。
  -Leonard:So call her.
  那就给她打。
  -Raj:How can I call her? You know I can't talk to women.
  我怎么给她打?你知道我没法和女人说话。
  -Leonard:I'm done. Anybody else?
  我不管了,还有谁想管?
  -Howard:Give me the phone.
  把电话给我。
  -Raj:Why?
  为什么?
  -Howard:Just give it to me.
  给我就行了。
  -Raj:What are you doing?
  你在干什么?
  -Howard:Don't worry. You'll thank me.
  别担心,你会感谢我的。
  ( with East Indian accent): Hello, Lalita?
  (操着东印度的口音) :喂Lalita吗?
  Raj Koothrappali here.
  我是Raj Koothrappali。
  Yes, it is good to talk to you, too.
  我也很高兴和你聊天。
  So what are you wearing?
  那么你穿了什么衣服?
  Oh, not important.
  哦那并不重要。
  Uh, so, anyhow, when would you like to meet?
  那么好,你想什么时候见面?
  Friday works for me!
  我星期五没问题!
  I'll call you with a time and place.
  我会再打电话确定时间和地点。
  But in the meantime, keep it real, babe.
  但与此同时保持联系,宝贝儿。
  You may now thank me.
  你现在可以谢我了。
  -Raj:For what? Making me sound like a Simpsons character?
  谢什么?让我听上去像"辛普森一家" 里的人物?(美国一部动画片)
  -Howard:Fine. Next time make your own date.
  好吧,下次你自己约女孩吧。
  -Raj:I didn't want to make this one!
  我连这个都不想约!
  -Leonard:Look on the bright side,she might turn out to be a nice, beautiful girl.
  她说不定是个漂亮的好女孩。
  -Raj:Great, then we'll get married, I won't be able to talk to her
  很好,然后我们结了婚,我还是不能和她说话。
  and we'll spend the rest of our lives in total silence.
  我们后半辈子就要在无声世界中度过。
  -Howard:It worked for my parents.
  我爸妈就是这样的。
  nook:隐蔽处
  slot:夹缝,夹槽
  tilt:倾斜
  crotch:胯部
  monsoon:(印度等地的)雨季
  meddle:干涉
  with all due respect:恕我直言
  off the air:停止播出
  广泛性transcends:超出,超越
  ethnicity:种族划分
  catchy(曲调,歌曲)容易记住的
  planetarium:天文馆
  dinosaurs:恐龙
  feelers:试探器,探针
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288127.html