生活大爆炸第一季第九集_1:The Cooper-Hofstadter(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第九集_1:The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization

  -Leonard:Okay... the x-tens are online.
  好...X-10连通了。
  -Howard:Gentlemen, I am now about send a signal from this laptop
  先生们,我现在要从这台笔记本上发送一个信号,
  through our local ISP racing down fiber-optic cable
  从我们的本地网络出发经由光纤电缆,
  at the speed of light to San Francisco bouncing off a satellite
  以光速抵达旧金山,经由地球同步卫星
  in geosynchronous orbit to Lisbon, Portugal,
  到达葡萄牙首都里斯本,
  where the data packets will be handed off to submerged
  数据包从跨大西洋海底电缆传递出去,
  Trans-Atlantic cables terminating in Halifax, Nova Scotia
  中转于加拿大新斯科舍省的哈利法克斯市,
  and transferred across the continent via microwave relays back to our ISP
  经由微波形式横跨大陆传送回我们的本地网络上,
  and the x-ten receiver attached to this... lamp.
  并把X-10接收器连接到这个...台灯。
  -Sheldon:Look at me. Look at me. I've got goose bumps.
  看看我,看看我,我起鸡皮疙瘩了。
  -Howard:Are we ready on the stereo?
  音响接好了么?
  -Raj:Go for stereo.
  试试音响。
  -Penny:Hey, guys.
  嘿伙计们。
  -together:Hi. Hello.
  嗨你好。
  -Penny:It's a little loud.
  声音有点大。
  -Howard:No problem-- turning it down.
  没问题,关小点。
  San Francisco, Lisbon, Halifax... and voila.
  旧金山、里斯本、哈利法克斯…瞧(法语)。
  -Penny:Okay, thanks.
  好,谢谢。
  -Leonard:Hang on, hang on. Do you not realize what we just did?
  等等,等等,你不会没发觉我们刚做了什么吧?
  -Penny:Yeah, you turned your stereo down with you laptop.
  你们用笔记本把音响声关小了。
  -Sheldon:No, we turned our stereo down by sending a signal around the world via the Internet.
  不,我们是通过网络发送了一个信号,信号周游世界一圈把音响声关小了。
  -Penny:Oh. You know, you can just get one of those universal remotes at Radio Shack.
  你可在Radio Shack买个万能遥控 (美国第三大电子零售商)。
  They're really cheap.
  真的挺便宜的。
  -Leonard:You don't get it.
  你不明白。
  Howard, enable public access.
  Howard启动公用通路。
  -Howard:Public access enabled.
  公用通路启动了。
  -Penny:Boy, that's terrific. I'll see you.
  宝贝,太棒了,回见。
  -Leonard:No, hang on, hang on.
  别,等等,等等。
  See?
  瞧见了么?
  -Penny:No.
  不懂。
  -Sheldon:Someone in Szechwan Province, China is using his computer to turn our lights on and off.
  中国四川省有个人在用他的电脑开和关我们的台灯。
  -Penny:Well, that's handy.
  呵,那可真方便。
  Um, here's a question: Why?
  呃,问题是为什么?
  -together:Because we can.
  因为我们有才。
  -Sheldon:They found the remote-control cars.
  他们找到遥控汽车了。
  -Penny:Well, wait, wait, what's on top of that?
  等一下,那上面是什么?
  -Leonard:Wireless web cams. Wave hello.
  无线摄像头,打个招呼。
  -Howard:The monster truck is out of Austin, Texas,
  那个怪物卡车是得克萨斯州奥斯汀郡的人在控制。
  and the blue Viper is being operated from suburban Tel Aviv.
  蓝色的蝰蛇是特拉维夫郊区的人在开。
  -Sheldon:You may want to put on slacks.
  你应该把睡裤穿上。
  -Penny:What?
  什么?
  Ew, stop it.
  让它停下。
  No! Leave me alone!
  别!离我远点!
  -Leonard:Who's running the red Corvette?
  谁在操纵那辆红色考维特?
  -Howard:That would be me.
  是我。
  -Sheldon:You know, in the future when we're disembodied brains in jars,
  你知道,未来当我们只剩下大脑被装在罐子里,
  we're going to look back at this as eight hours well wasted.
  回顾这八小时完全是浪费时间。
  -Raj:I don't want to be in a jar.
  我可不想被装在罐子里。
  I want my brain in an android body.
  我希望我的大脑放在机器人体内。
  Eight feet tall and ripped.
  八英尺高(相当于2米44) 肌肉强壮。
  -Howard:I'm with you.
  我也这么想。
  I just have to make sure that if I'm a synthetic human,
  只是我得确定,如果我是人造人,
  I'd still be Jewish.
  还能是个犹太人。
  I promised my mother.
  我向我妈保证过。
  -Raj:I suppose you could have your android penis circumcised,
  我想你可以给你的人造小弟弟行割礼。
  but that's something your rabbi would have to discuss with the manufacturer.
  不过这事儿你们的拉比(犹太人的学者) 得和制造商谈谈。
  -Sheldon:Not to mention you'd have to power down on Saturdays.
  更别说每周六你们还得断电 (犹太人周末不工作为安息日)。
  -Leonard:Sheldon, why is this letter in the trash?
  Sheldon这封信为什么会在垃圾桶里?
  -Sheldon:Well, there's always the possibility that a trash can spontaneously formed around the letter,
  我想也有可能垃圾桶是环绕着这封信自然形成的
  but Occam's Razor would suggest that someone threw it out.
  但用奥坎氏简化论解释的话有人把它给扔了。 (Occam's Razor 如无必要勿增实体)
  -Leonard:It's from the Institute for Experimental Physics.
  这是物理实验协会的来信。
  They want us to present our paper on the properties of super solids
  他们想让我们在玻色-爱因斯坦凝聚的主题会议上
  at the Topical Conference on Bose Einstein Condensates.
  发表有关超固体特性的研究成果。
  -Sheldon:I know, I read it before I threw it out.
  我知道,我看过才扔的。
  -Leonard:Okay, if I may drill down to the bedrock of my question:
  好,我能刨根问底问问吗?
  why did you throw it out?
  你为什么把它扔了?
  -Sheldon:Because I have no interest in standing in the Rose Room of the Pasadena Marriott in front of a group of judgmental strangers
  因为我没兴趣站在帕萨迪纳万豪酒店的玫瑰厅里。在一群品头论足的陌生人面前,
  who wouldn't recognize true genius if it was standing in front of them giving a speech.
  就算眼前就站着一个真正的天才在演讲他们也绝对察觉不到。
  Which, if I were there, it would be.
  如果我在那儿,就会是这样。
  -Howard:I don't know, Sheldon.
  我不觉得啊Sheldon。
  Those Topical Conference on Bose Einstein Condensates parties are legendary.
  玻色-爱因斯坦凝聚的主题会议的派对可是充满传奇色彩啊。
  -Leonard:Forget the parties.
  别管那些派对了。
  -Howard:Forget the parties? What a nerd.
  别管派对? 真是个书呆子。
  -Leonard:Are there any other honors I've gotten that I don't know about?
  我还得到了什么荣誉是我不知道的?
  Did UPS drop off a Nobel Prize with my name on it?
  联合包裹是不是掉了份印有我名字的诺贝尔奖。
  -Sheldon:Leonard, please don't take this the wrong way,
  Leonard请别理解歪了,
  but the day you win a Nobel Prize is
  不过你得诺贝尔奖的那天,
  the day I begin my research on the drag coefficient of tassels on flying carpets.
  就是我开始研究飞毯流苏的阻力系数的一天。
  -Raj:Ooh, the only thing missing from that insult was "your mama."
  那场挑衅唯一缺的就是一句“你妈妈的”。
  -Howard:I got one.
  我来说。
  Hey, Leonard, your mama's research methodology is so flawed...
  嘿Leonard,你妈妈的研究方法论太烂了...
  -Leonard:Shut up, Howard.
  闭嘴Howard。
  Sheldon, we have to do this.
  Sheldon我们必须这么做。
  -Sheldon:No, we don't.
  不,我们不用。
  We have to take in nourishment, expel waste,
  我们必须做的只有汲取营养,排出垃圾,
  and inhale enough oxygen to keep our cells from dying.
  吸入足够的氧气来保持我们的细胞活性。
  Everything else is optional.
  其他都是可有可无的。
  -Leonard:Okay, let me put it this way: I'm doing it.
  好的,这样说吧,我要做这个报告。
  -Sheldon:You can't. I'm the lead author.
  你不能,我是第一作者。
  -Leonard:Come on, the only reason you're the lead author is because we went alphabetically.
  行了吧,你是第一作者的唯一原因是我们名字是按字母排序的。
  -Sheldon:I let you think we went alphabetically to spare you the humiliation of dealing with the fact that it was my idea.
  我让你认为我们是按字母排的是为了让你接收事实时免受羞辱,事实是这是我的主意。
  Not to put too fine a point on it,
  坦率地说,
  but I was throwing you a bone.
  是我让你捡了个便宜。
  You're welcome.
  不用客气。
  -Leonard:Excuse me, I designed the experiment that proved the hypothesis.
  有没有搞错,是我设计了实验验证了假设。
  -Sheldon:It doesn't need proving.
  根本不需要验证。
  -Leonard:So the entire scientific community is just supposed to take your word?
  所以整个科学界就这么接受你的理论?
  -Sheldon:They're not supposed to, but they should.
  他们不一定会,不过他们应会。
  -Leonard:All right, I don't care what you say,
  好吧,我才不管你说什么,
  I'm going to the conference and I'm presenting our findings.
  我要去参加会议发表我们的发现。
  -Sheldon:And I forbid it.
  我不准你这样。
  -Leonard:You forbid it?
  你不准?
  -Sheldon:If I'm not taking credit for our work, then nobody is.
  如果我不去领我们的工作成果荣誉那就没人可以去领。
  -Leonard:So you admit that it's our work?
  那么你承认那是"我们"的工作
  -Sheldon:No.
  不。
  Once again, I'm throwing you a bone.
  再说一遍,是我让你拣了便宜。
  And once again you are welcome.
  然后再说一次,不用客气。
  -Howard:Oh, no, he didn't!
  不,他没说过!(企图催眠)
  X-10:是以电力线为连接介质对电子设备进行远程控制的通信协议
  ISP:因特网服务提供商
  fiber-optic:光纤
  cable:电缆
  geosynchronous:与地球的相对位置不变的
  orbit:轨道
  hand off to : 交给…
  data packets:数据包
  submerged:在水中的
  goose bumps:鸡皮疙瘩
  disembodied:无实体的
  ripped:瘦
  synthetic:合成的,人造的
  trash can:垃圾桶
  spontaneously:自然的
  property:特性,性能
  super solids:超立体
  bedrock:基岩
  drill down to the bedrock:刨根问底
  legendary:传奇的,名扬四海的
  UPS:包裹运输公司
  drop off:落下
  drag coefficient:牵引系数,阻力系数
  tassels:穗,流苏
  expel:排出
  inhale:吸入
  alphabetically:按字母顺序的
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288130.html