生活大爆炸第一季第九集_3:The Cooper-Hofstadter(在线收听

   生活大爆炸第一季第九集_3:The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization

  Okay, I'm leaving for the conference.
  好啦,我要去参加会议了。
  -Sheldon:Have fun presenting my "lucky hunch."
  祝你报告"我的小运气"愉快。
  -Leonard:Shel, I didn't mean it like that.
  Shel 我不是那个意思。
  -Sheldon:Then why did you say it?
  那你为什么要这样说?
  -Leonard:I don't know. I wasn't...
  我不知道,我不是...
  -Sheldon:Were you trying to impress Penny?
  你是不是想引起Penny的注意?
  -Leonard:No, no, not at all. A little bit.
  不,不,绝对不是,好吧有点。
  -Sheldon:How'd that work out for you?
  那对你有什么用?
  -Penny:Leonard, ready to go?
  Leonard可以走了吗?
  -Sheldon:Libido: 1    Truth: 0.
  性欲 1    事实 0 (1和0表示"是"和"否")
  -Leonard:Okay, I'm going to ask you one more time.
  好的,我再问你一遍,
  We did the work together.
  我们一起做的研究。
  Let's present the paper together.
  我们一起去发表论文吧。
  -Sheldon:And I'm telling you for the last time
  那我也告诉你最后一遍,
  it's pandering, it's undignified, and bite me.
  这是迎合奉承,一点也不高尚,打死我也不去。
  -Leonard:Let's go.
  走吧。
  -Penny:Bye, Sheldon.
  再见Sheldon。
  -Sheldon:Good-bye, Penny.
  再见Penny。
  One of these days...
  总有一天...
  -Penny:There you go.
  好了。
  -Leonard:You're right. This side does look better.
  你说得对,这一面是比较好看。
  -Penny:No, no, I didn't say "better."
  没,我没说"好看",
  I said "less stained."
  我只说"没那么脏"。
  -Howard:I just checked the house.
  我刚进去看了看情况,
  There's probably 20-25 people in there.
  里面可能有20-25个人。
  -Leonard:You're kidding?
  你开玩笑的吧?
  -Penny:Is that all?
  就这么点?
  -Leonard:"All"?
  "这么点"?
  In particle physics, 25 is Woodstock.
  在粒子物理学领域25个人就是伍德斯托克音乐节。
  -Penny:Oh, well, then good.
  好,那太好了。
  -Leonard:I wasn't expecting such a crowd. I'm a little nervous.
  我没想到会来这么多人,有点紧张。
  -Howard:It's okay. Just open with a joke. You'll be fine.
  没关系,开头讲个笑话就没事了。
  -Leonard:Uh, joke. Okay,
  呃,笑话,好的。
  How about this?
  这个怎么样?
  Um, okay, uh, here's this farmer, and he has these chickens,
  呃,好,嗯,以前有个农民,他养了一群鸡,
  but they won't lay any eggs,. so he calls a physicist to help.
  可是它们从来不下蛋,于是他叫了一个物理学家来帮忙。
  The physicist then does some calculations,
  那个物理学家就做了些计算,
  and he says, "I have a solution, but it only works with spherical chickens in a vacuum."
  然后说 "有个办法",不过只对真空中球形的鸡起作用。
  Right?
  好笑吧?
  -Penny:Oh, sorry, I just... I've heard it before.
  对不起,只是... 我以前听过。
  -Howard:Let's go.
  走吧。
  -Leonard:Okay.
  好的。
  -Howard:Hey, nice suit.
  嘿,西装不错。
  -Leonard:It's a classic, right?
  很经典的,是吧?
  -Penny:I really should have brought my own car.
  我真该自己开车来。
  -Leonard:So, in conclusion, the data show that
  所以结论是,数据显示
  at temperatures approaching absolute zero, the moment of inertia changes,
  在接近绝对零度,转动惯量改变时
  and the solid becomes a supersolid which clearly appears to be a previously unknown state of matter.
  固体转变为超固体,并清晰出现以前所未知的一种物质形态。
  Thank you.
  谢谢。
  Were there any questions?
  有问题吗?
  -Sheldon:Yeah, what the hell was that?
  有,你说的那是什么玩意儿?
  -Leonard:Any other questions?
  有没有别的问题?
  -Sheldon:Dr. Sheldon Cooper here.
  我是Sheldon Cooper博士。
  I am the lead author of this particular paper.
  这篇论文的第一作者。
  Thank you.
  谢谢各位。
  And you, sir, you have completely skipped over the part
  然而你先生,你完全跳过了那个部分,
  where I was walking through the park,
  那时候我走过公园,
  and I saw these children on a merry-go-round,
  看见孩子们坐在旋转木马上,
  which started me thinking about the moment of inertia
  使我联想到了,
  in gases like helium at temperatures approaching absolute zero.
  像氦气这样的气体在达到绝对零度时的转动惯量。
  -Leonard:I didn't skip it. It's just an anecdote.
  我没有跳过那个部分,那只是件轶事,
  It's not science.
  不是科学。
  -Sheldon:Oh, I see.
  我明白了。
  Was the apple falling on Newton's head,
  难道苹果掉到牛顿的头上,
  was that just an anecdote?
  也只是件轶事?
  -Leonard:You are not Isaac Newton.
  你又不是牛顿。
  -Sheldon:No, no, that's true.
  对,对,那倒是。
  Gravity would have been apparent to me without the apple.
  没有苹果我也能写出重力定律。
  -Leonard:You could not possibly be that arrogant.
  你能别那么自大么?
  -Sheldon:You continue to underestimate me, my good man.
  你继续低估我吧,我的好伙计。
  -Leonard:Look, if you weren't happy with my presentation,
  我说如果你对我的报告有意见,
  then maybe you should have given it with me.
  那么也许你本该跟我一起来发表。
  -Sheldon:As I've explained repeatedly, unlike you,
  我已经反复解释过了,我不像你。
  I don't need validation from lesser minds.
  我不需要那些不如我的人对我的肯定。
  No offense.
  无意冒犯。
  -Leonard:So why did you come?
  那你来干什么?
  -Sheldon:Because I knew you'd screw this up.
  因为我知道你会搞砸的。
  -Leonard:I didn't screw it up!
  我才没搞砸!
  -Sheldon:Oh, please,
  得了吧。
  I admit that spherical chicken joke-- that was hilarious.
  我承认那个球形鸡的笑话还满有趣的。
  But it was straight downhill from there.
  但从那儿以后就急转直下。
  -Leonard:I've had enough of your condescension.
  我受够了你的好意了。
  Maybe I didn't go to college when I was 11 like you.
  也许我不像你那样11岁就进大学,
  Maybe I got my doctorate at 24 instead of 16,
  也许我24岁才拿到博士学位而不是16岁,
  but you are not the only person who is smarter than everyone else in this room!
  但你也不是这屋里唯一的比其他人都聪明的人啊!
  No offense.
  无意冒犯。
  And I am clearly not the only person who is tormented by insecurity and has an ego constant validation.
  显然我也不是唯一的,受缺乏安全感折磨的人,有着不断需要外部认可的自负自大。
  -Sheldon:So you admit that you're an egotist?
  那么你承认你是个自大狂了?
  -Leonard:Yes!
  是的!
  My name is Dr. Leonard Hofstadter
  我是Leonard Hofstadter博士
  and I could never please my parents,
  我从来不能取悦我的父母,
  so I need to get all my self-esteem from strangers like you.
  所以我所有的自信必须源于你们这样的陌生人。
  But he's worse!
  但是他更糟糕!
  -Sheldon:Okay, that is it!
  够了!
  -Leonard:Stop it!
  停下!
  You cannot blow up my head with your mind!
  你不可能用你的意念炸掉我的头!
  -Sheldon:Then I'll settle for an aneurysm.
  那我也要装一个动脉瘤进去。
  -Leonard:Stop it!
  住手!
  -Sheldon:You hit me!
  你打我!
  You saw that. He hit me.
  你们看到了,他打我!
  -Leonard:You were trying to blow up my head.
  你想炸掉我的脑袋。
  -Sheldon:So it was working.
  那么它起作用了。
  -Leonard:It was not! You are a nut case!
  没有! 你这个老顽固!
  -Sheldon:We'll see about that.
  走着瞧。
  Heads up, you people in the front row.
  第一排的人抬起头来。
  This is a splash zone.
  这是飞溅带。
  -Leonard:Stop it! Quit it! Quit it!
  停下! 够了! 住手!
  -Penny:Is this usually how these physics things go?
  物理学会议是不是都这样?
  -Howard:More often than you think.
  比你想象的多。
  -Sheldon:Stop it! Nerve pinch!
  停手! 让你尝尝我的火神力量钳! (出自"星际漫游")
  -Sheldon:You could have offered me a ride home.
  你本来有机会载我回来的。
  -Leonard:You're lucky I didn't run you over.
  没从你身上碾过去你就万幸吧。
  -Sheldon:I really don't understand what you're so unhappy about.
  我真不明白你有什么不高兴的。
  You begged me to come. I came.
  你求我去,我去了。
  There's just no pleasing you.
  只是这也没让你高兴。
  -Leonard:You're right. I'm the problem.
  你说得对,问题都在我身上。
  I'm the one that needs help.
  我是需要帮助的那个人。
  -Sheldon:Well, that's not much of an apology,
  好吧,这不怎么算是道歉,
  but I'll take it.
  但我也凑合接受了。
  -Leonard:Excuse me.
  等等。
  Is there anything you would like to apologize for?
  你没什么要道歉的吗?
  -Sheldon:Yes.
  有。
  I'm sorry I tried to blow up your head.
  我试着把你的脑袋炸掉,对不起,
  It was uncalled for.
  还没有那个必要。
  -Howard:You won't believe this.
  你们不会相信的。
  -Raj:Somebody got the whole thing on a cell phone
  有人把整件事用手机录了下来,
  and put it on YouTube.
  放到YouTube网上去了。
  -Leonard:What?
  什么?
  Now who would do that?
  谁会干这种事?
  -Howard:That would be me.
  是我。
  Hey, check it out. It's a featured video.
  嘿,看看,是置顶视频!
  -Sheldon:You hit me!
  你打我!
  You saw that. He hit me.
  你们看到了,他打我!
  -Leonard:You were trying to blow up my head.
  你想炸掉我的脑袋。
  -Sheldon:So it was working.
  那么它起作用了。
  -Leonard:It was not! You are a nut case!
  没有! 你这个老顽固!
  -Sheldon:We'll see about that.
  走着瞧。
  Heads up, you people in the front row.
  第一排的人抬起头来。
  This is a splash zone.
  这是飞溅带。
  -Leonard:Stop it! Quit it! Quit it!
  停下! 够了! 住手!
  -Sheldon:Put you in a Vulcan nerve pinch!
  让你尝尝火神力量钳! (出自"星际漫游")
  -Leonard:Ow, you should cut your fingernails. Those hurt!
  嗷,你该剪指甲了! 很疼!
  Oh, geez, does this suit really look that bad?
  不是吧,这套西装真那么难看么?
  -Sheldon:Forget your suit.
  别管你的西装了。
  Look at my arms waving.
  看看我那胳膊挥得
  I'm like a flamingo on Ritalin.
  就像只磕了药的火烈鸟。
  -Penny:Howard, would you like to explain to me why your Facebook page has a picture of me
  Howard你能和我解释一下为什么你的博客里面有一张 (Facebook page Blog)
  sleeping on your shoulder captioned "Me and my girlfriend"?
  我躺在你肩膀上睡觉的照片,标题为“我和我女朋友”吗?
  -Howard:Uh-oh, here comes The Talk.
  啊,The Talk开始了。(美国一档谈话类节目)
  hunch:预感
  pander:迎合
  undignified:有损尊严的
  bite me: 去死了你(过来打我吧)
  stained:沾污的
  Woodstock:伍德斯托克音乐节(每年8月在纽约州东南部Woodstock举行的摇滚音乐节)
  spherical:球形的
  vacuum:真空
  absolute zero:绝对零度
  inertia:惯性
  merry-go-round:旋转木马
  helium:氦气
  screw up:把…搞糟
  spherical:球形
  hilarious:十分有趣
  condescension:屈尊,俯就
  torment:折磨
  aneurysm:动脉瘤
  pinch:捏,掐
  uncalled for:不必要的
  flamingo:火烈鸟
  Ritalin:利他林(中枢兴奋药)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288132.html