生活大爆炸第一季第十五集_3:The Pork Chop(在线收听

   -Sheldon: This has nothing to do with religion. This has to do with the fact that you're a tiny, tiny man who still lives with his mother.

  这和信仰没有关系。问题在于你是个很小很小的,仍然和妈妈住在一起的男人
  -Leonard: Sheldon, you are really being unreasonable.
  Unreasonable: 不合理的
  Sheldon你真的越来越不可理喻了。
  -Sheldon: Am I?
  是么
  Here, eat this cheese without farting and you can sleep with my sister.
  fart: 放屁
  拿着,吃了这片奶酪。要是你不放屁,就可以和我妹妹睡。
  -Missy: Oh, really?
  真的么?
  -Sheldon: Oops.
  啊噢。
  -Missy: Shelly, can I speak to you for a minute? Alone.
  Shelly我能和你谈一会儿么? 单独。
  -Sheldon: Why does everyone suddenly want to talk to me alone?
  suddenly: 突然
  为何突然每个人都想跟我单独谈话?
  Usually nobody wants to be alone with me.
  通常没人愿意和我单独相处的。
  -Leonard: We all make mistakes. Let's move on.
  move on.: 继续前进
  我们都会犯错。向前看。
  -Missy: Okay, I'm not even going to ask why you're pimping me out for cheese.
  pimp: 拉皮条
  我甚至不准备问你为何一块奶酪就把我给卖了
  But since when do you care at all about who I sleep with?
  但你从啥时起在意我跟谁睡了?
  -Sheldon: Well, truthfully, I've never given it any thought, but it has been pointed out to me that you carry DNA of great potential.
  point out: 指出 great potential: 巨大的潜力
  说实话,我从来没想过,但有人向我指出你带着潜能无限的DNA。
  -Missy: What on earth are You talking about?
  on earth: 究竟
  你到底在说什么?
  -Sheldon: Let me explain.
  让我解释给你听。
  You see, I'm a superior genetic mutation, uh, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
  genetic mutation: 基因突变 mediocre: 平凡的 stock: 血统
  你瞧,我是一个高级的遗传突变,啊,是现存的平凡血统的一种进步。
  -Missy: And what do you mean, "mediocre stock"?
  你说"平凡血统"是什么意思?
  -Sheldon: That would be you.
  那是说你。
  But residing within you, is the potential for another me.
  reside: 居留
  但在你体内居住的,可能会是另一个我。
  Perhaps even taller, smarter, and less prone to freckling, a Sheldon 2.0, if you will.
  prone to: 倾于
  可能还会更高更聪明还会少长点雀斑。一个Sheldon 2.0,如果你愿意这么叫的话。
  -Missy: Sheldon 2.0?
  Sheldon 2.0?
  -Sheldon: Exactly. Now, I am not saying that I should be the sole decider of who you mate with.
  sole: 单独的
  正是。现在我不是说我是唯一能决定你的伴侣的人。
  If you're not attracted to the suitor, then the likelihood of conception will be reduced.
  suitor: 求婚者 likelihood: 可能性 conception: 怀孕
  还取决于你对求偶者的吸引力,否则受孕的可能就会大大降低。
  -Missy: You have got to be kidding me.
  你在开玩笑吧。
  -Sheldon: Not at all.
  绝对不是。
  Frequent coitus dramatically increases the odds of fertilization.
  coitus: 性交 odds: 机率 fertilization: 受精
  频繁的性交会使受精的机率直线提升。
  -Missy: Okay, Shelly, sit down.
  好吧,Shelly,坐下。
  Now I've lived my whole life dealing with the fact that my twin brother is, as Mom puts it, "one of God's special, little people."
  deal with: 面对
  如今我这一生都得接受一个事实,就是我的双胞胎哥哥,用妈妈的话说是一个天赐的特殊的小人儿。
  -Sheldon: I always thought I was more like a cuckoo bird.
  cuckoo bird: 杜鹃
  我一直觉得我更像一只杜鹃。
  You know, a superior creature whose egg is placed in the nest of ordinary birds.
  superior : 高等的 creature: 生物 nest: 巢
  你知道的把蛋下在普通鸟巢里的一种更高等的生物。
  Of course, the newly hatched cuckoo eats all the food, leaving the ordinary siblings to starve to death.
  hatch: 孵化 siblings: 同科 starve to death: 饿死
  当然,新生的杜鹃把所有的食物都吃掉了,它那些平凡的同胞只能饿死。
  Luckily for you, that's where the metaphor ended.
  metaphor: 比喻
  对你来说很幸运,比喻到此就已经结束了。
  -Missy: I thought it ended at "cuckoo."
  我以为它在 "杜鹃" 那里就结束了
  You listen to me.
  你听我说。
  If you want to start acting like a brother who cares about me, then terrific.
  如果你想要开始像个哥哥那样关心我,那很棒。
  Bring it on.
  bring it on: 【尽管来吧】
  尽管来吧
  But you try one time to tell me who I should be sleeping with, and you and I are going to go round and round the way we did when we were little.
  go round and round: 旋转
  但你敢尝试指点我该跟谁睡,那我们就得一次次地重复我们小的时候干的事。
  Remember?
  记得么?
  -Sheldon: I have an alternate proposal.
  alternate: 交替的 proposal: 提议
  我有另一个提议。
  -Missy: Go on.
  你说。
  -Sheldon: You donate eggs. We will place them in cryogenic storage.
  donate: 捐赠 eggs: 卵子 cryogenic storage: 低温冰箱
  你提供卵子。我们把它放在低温冰箱里面。
  I will find an appropriate sperm donor for your eggs, have them fertilized and implanted in you.
  sperm donor: 精子供体 fertilized: 受精的 implant: 移植
  我会为你的卵子找到一个合适的精子供体,让他们受精,然后植入你的体内。
  That way, everybody wins.
  那样的话,就双赢了。
  Correction.
  更正。
  Missy can date whoever she wants.
  Missy想和谁约会都可以。
  -Howard: Look, we have to settle this.
  听着,我们必须解决这个问题。
  -Leonard: I agree.
  我同意。
  Sheldon's sister is hiding at Penny's because we've all been hitting on her at the same time.
  Sheldon的妹妹一直躲在Penny家是因为我们在同时追求她。
  -Rajesh: She's not hiding.
  她才没躲。
  She need privacy to call her grand mother who's apparently very sick.
  privacy: 隐私
  她需要私人空间去给她病重的奶奶打电话。
  Oh, and then I believe she has to wash her hair.
  所以我觉得她是想洗头了。
  -Howard: Oh, you poor, deluded bastard.
  delude: 迷惑 bastard: 私生子
  你这个可怜的幻想狂。
  -Rajesh: Don't start with me, dude.
  start with: 从…开始,【挑衅】
  不要挑衅我你这家伙。
  -Howard: You want to go again? Let's go.
  又想来? 来啊。
  -Leonard: Sit down.
  坐下。
  -Howard: Okay.
  好。
  -Leonard: If we're going to fight over Missy, let's do it the right way.
  fight over: 争夺
  如果我们要争Missy的话,那就找个正确的方式。
  The honorable way.
  honorable: 光荣的
  君子的方式。
  -Howard: Ow! Ow, ow, ow!
  嗷! 嗷嗷嗷!
  -Leonard: Take that!
  看招!
  You want some more?
  还想尝尝么?
  -Rajesh: And he's down!
  他倒下了!
  -TV: One, two, three, four...
  1 2 3 4...
  -Howard: Come on, come on! Get up!
  来啊,来啊! 起来啊!
  -Leonard: Stay down, bitch!
  stay down: 不上来 bitch: 泼妇
  躺着,贱人!
  -TV: ...seven, eight, nine, ten.
  ...7 8 9 10。
  -Leonard: Yeah! Natural selection at work.
  at work.: 在起作用 natural selection: 自然选择
  耶! 这是自然选择。
  -Sheldon: I weep for humanity.
  weep for: 为…流泪 humanity: 人类
  我为人类而悲哀
  -Leonard: Excuse me, while I go tell Missy the good news.
  不好意思啦,我要去告诉Missy这个好消息。
  -Penny: Hey, Leonard.
  嘿,Leonard 。
  -Leonard: Oh, hi, Penny.
  嗨,Penny。
  How's it going? Listen, that guy Mike that you were dating, is that still going on?
  还好么?听着,那个叫Mike的家伙,你们还在交往么?
  -Penny: Uh, pretty much. Why?
  挺好的,怎么了?
  -Leonard: Nothing, just catching up.
  catch up: 赶上
  没什么,只是问问情况。
  By the way, may I speak to Missy, please?
  顺便,我想和Missy说几句话,行么?
  -Penny: Of course.
  当然。
  -Missy: Hi, Leonard. What's up?
  嗨,Leonard怎么了?
  -Leonard: Well, since you're leaving tomorrow,
  啊,因为你明天要走。
  I was wondering if you'd like to go to dinner with me.
  我想知道你是否愿意和我共进晚餐。
  -Missy: That's so sweet.
  你人真好。
  But, no thanks.
  不过,不了,谢谢。
  -Leonard: Oh. Do you have other plans or...?
  你有别的计划吗或者...?
  -Missy : No.
  没有。
  -Leonard: Oh. All right, uh...
  好吧,呃...
  Enjoy the rest of your evening.
  祝你接下来的夜晚愉快。
  -Missy: Thanks. see ya.
  谢谢,回见。
  -Leonard: Um, here's something we didn't anticipate.
  anticipate: 料想
  呃,有些我们没有预料到的事。
  -Penny: What do you want, Howard?
  你想干吗呢 Howard?
  -Howard: I'm fine. Thanks for asking.
  我很好,谢谢你的关心。
  I've come to call on Missy.
  我来找Missy。
  -Penny: Missy.
  Missy。
  -Missy: Hi, Howard.
  嗨,Howard。
  -Howard: The Amazing Howard.
  是神奇的Howard。
  Do you like magic?
  你喜欢魔术么?
  -Missy: Not really. No.
  不是很喜欢。不。
  -Howard: Then you are in for a treat.
  you are in for a treat: 【你一定会感到满意的。】
  那你会喜欢的。
  Behold, an ordinary cane.
  behold: 看 cane: 手杖
  看到了,一根普通的手杖。
  -Missy: No.
  不。
  -Howard: Okay.
  好吧。
  -Penny: Missy.
  Missy。
  -Rajesh: Thank you. I apprec...
  谢谢我很感...
  Apprec...
  感...
  Appree...
  感...
  Uh-oh.
  啊噢。
  -Penny: Oh, honey. Is your medication wearing off?
  medication: 药物治疗 wear off: 逐渐消失
  噢,亲爱的,你的药效过去了么?
  -Missy: Well, hi, cutie pie.
  你好啊,甜心。
  I was hoping you'd show up.
  show up: 出现
  我正在想着你会来呢。
  We had a dog who made a noise like that.
  我们家有只狗,就发出那种声音。
  Had to put him down.
  put…down: 杀死
  不得不把它送去人道毁灭
  Are you amused me to pass along to Mom?
  pass along: 传递
  有什么话想让我替你告诉妈妈么?
  -Sheldon: Well, she might be interested to know that I have refocused my research from bosonic string theory to heterotic string theory.
  refocused: 重调焦距 bosonic string theory: 混合弦论 heterotic string theory: 玻色子弦论
  嗯,这个她可能会想知道我将我的研究重点从混合弦论重新移回到玻色子弦论上了。
  -Missy: Yeah, I'll just tell her you say "hey."
  这样啊,我会告诉她你向她问好的。
  -Sheldon: Okay, well, it was pleasant seeing you, other than that business with my testicles.
  testicles: 睾丸
  好的,那么,见到你很高兴,除了我睾丸的遭遇以外。
  -Missy: Come on, Shelly.
  过来,Shelly。
  I want you to know I'm very proud of you.
  我希望你知道我为你骄傲。
  -Sheldon: Really?
  真的么?
  -Missy: Yep, I'm always bragging to my friends about my brother, the rocket scientist.
  brag: 吹牛
  是的,我总是向我的朋友吹牛说我哥哥是火箭科学家。
  -Sheldon: You tell people I'm a rocket scientist?
  你跟别人说我是火箭科学家?
  -Missy: Well, Yeah.
  嗯,是啊。
  -Sheldon: I'm a theoretical physicist.
  theoretical physicist: 理论物理学家
  我是理论物理学家。
  -Missy: What's the difference?
  有什么区别?
  -Sheldon: What's the difference?!
  有什么区别?!
  -Missy: good-Bye, Shelly.
  再见,Shelly 。
  -Sheldon: My God!
  我的天哪!
  Why don't you just tell them that I'm a toll-taker at the Golden Gate Bridge?!
  toll-taker: 收过路费的 the Golden Gate Bridge: 金门大桥
  你为何不直接告诉人家我是在金门大桥收过路费的?!
  Rocket scientist. How humiliating.
  humiliating: 丢脸的
  火箭科学家,真是侮辱人。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288152.html