生活大爆炸第一季第十六集_1:The Peanut Reaction(在线收听

   -Howard:Hit him down.

  打败他!
  -Leonard:He's got you, Sheldon.
  他超过你了Sheldon。
  -Sheldon:Look at this move!
  看这招!
  -Leonard:He's completely schooling you.
  completely:完全的 school:控制某人
  他超出你太多了。
  -Penny:Hey, guys, guys, some of the other waitresses
  waitresses:女服务员
  嘿伙计们,伙计们,其他女服务生
  wanted me to ask you something.
  想让我问你们些事。
  -Leonard:It's called Tressling.
  这叫Tressling扳手腕俄罗斯方块。
  -Howard:It combines the physical strength of arm wrestling
  combine:使联合 physical strength:体力 wrestling:扭动,搏斗
  是将扳手腕身体的力量和玩俄罗斯方块思维的敏捷
  with the mental agility of Tetris into the ultimate sport.
  mental:智力的 agility:敏捷 Tetris:俄罗斯方块(一种益智游戏) ultimate:最终的
  集于一体的体育运动。
  -Penny:Yeah, that's terrific, but what they wanted me to ask you is to cut it the hell out.
  terrific:棒极了 cut out:停止
  对,很棒,不过她们是想让我告诉你们别再玩了。
  Great. Come here, guys. Come on.
  很好,过来伙计们,来吧。
  Happy birthday to you...
  祝你生日快乐...
  -Sheldon:We might as well stop. It's a stalemate.
  might as well:最好,不妨 stalemate(争执的)僵持,僵局
  我们最好也停下陷入僵局了。
  You're beating me in Tetris,
  beat:打败 Tetris:俄罗斯方块
  你玩俄罗斯方块赢了我,
  but you've got the upper body strength of a Keebler elf.
  strength:力量   Keebler:美著名饼干品牌 elf:小精灵
  但你的上肢力量就跟Keebler小精灵一样弱。
  Keebler小精灵? (美著名饼干品牌的卡通形象)
  -Raj:Keebler elf? I've got your Keebler elf right here.
  我让你看看Keebler小精灵的厉害。
  Okay, it's a stalemate.
  好吧,陷入僵局了。
  -Penny:So, Leonard, will we be seeing you on Saturday for your free birthday cheesecake?
  cheesecake:芝士蛋糕
  Leonard那我们能周六能去你那吃免费芝士生日蛋糕吗?
  -Sheldon:He can't eat cheesecake.
  他不能吃芝士蛋糕。
  He's lactose intolerant.
  lactose:乳糖 intolerant:不能忍受的
  他不能吃乳糖。
  -Penny:Okay, he can have carrot cake.
  carrot:胡萝卜
  好吧,他可以吃胡萝卜蛋糕。
  -Sheldon:What about the cream cheese frosting?
  cream:奶油 cheese:干酪 frosting:霜状白糖
  那层芝士奶油糖霜怎么办?
  -Penny:He can scrape it off.
  scrape off:刮掉
  他可以刮掉的啊。
  -Leonard:Forget about the cake.
  别管蛋糕了。
  How do you know that my birthday's Saturday?
  birthday:生日 Saturday:星期六
  你怎么知道周六是我生日?
  -Penny:I did your horoscope, remember?
  horoscope::星占,算命天宫图
  我帮你占卜过星座啊,记得吗?
  I was going to do everybody's, until Sheldon went on one of his typical psychotic rants.
  typical:典型的 psychotic:精神病的 rant:怒吼
  我本来要帮每个人占一下的,后来Sheldon就开始他典型的疯癫演说。
  -Sheldon:For the record,
  record:记载
  有资料记载,
  that psychotic rant was a concise summation of the research of Bertram Forer, who, in 1948,
  concise:简明的 summation:总结,概括
  疯癫演说精简概括了巴纳姆效应,1948年巴纳姆通过精密设计的实验,
  proved conclusively through meticulously designed experiments that astrology is nothing but pseudo-scientific hokum.
  prove:证明 conclusively:最后地
  meticulously:极仔细的,一丝不苟的 designed:设计 experiments:实验
  astrology:占星术 nothing but:只不过 pseudo:假的,虚伪的 hokum:废话
  最终证实了占星术完全是伪科学的废话。
  -Penny:Blah, blah, blah. Typical Taurus.
  Typical:典型的 Taurus:金牛座
  话真多。典型的金牛座。
  So, seriously, are we going to see you Saturday?
  seriously:认真的
  说真的,我们周六能见你吗?
  -Leonard:Uh, I don't think so.
  恐怕不行。
  -Penny:Why not?
  为什么?
  -Leonard:I don't celebrate my birthday.
  celebrate:庆祝
  我不庆祝生日的。
  -Penny:Shut up. Yeah, you do.
  瞎说,你会庆祝的。
  -Leonard:It's no big deal, it's just the way I was raised.
  raise:抚养
  没什么大不了的,我就是这么长大的啊。
  My parents focused on celebrating achievements,
  focus on:把…作为中心 achievements:成就
  我父母只庆祝重大成就,
  and being expelled from a birth canal was not considered one of them.
  expel from:排出    birth canal:产道 consider:认为
  而我从产道里被排出则不认为是重大成就之一。
  -Penny:That's so silly.
  silly:蠢的
  这太愚蠢了。
  -Sheldon:It's actually based on very sound theories.
  actually:实际上 base on:建立在…基础上 sound:正确的 theories:理论
  这实际上是很有理论根据的,
  His mother published a paper on it.
  publish:出版,发布 paper:论文
  他母亲还就此发表了论文。
  -Penny:Well, what was it called?
  那题目叫什么?
  "I Hate My Son and That's Why He Can't Have Cake?"
  我恨我儿子所以他不能过生日?
  -Sheldon:It was obviously effective.
  obviously:显然 effective:有效的
  这显然很有效果。
  Leonard grew up to be an experimental physicist.
  experimental physicist:实验物理学家
  Leonard成长为一名实验物理学家。
  Perhaps if she'd also denied him Christmas,
  denied:拒绝 Christmas:圣诞节
  如果他母亲取消了他的圣诞节,
  he'd be a little better at it.
  他可能还会做得更好。
  -Leonard:Thank you.
  谢谢。
  -Howard:Well, I love birthdays.
  我喜欢过生日。
  Waking up to Mom's special French toast breakfast,
  Waking up:醒来 toast:烤面包
  在母亲特制的法国面包早餐的香味中醒来,
  wearing the birthday king crown, playing laser tag with all my friends...
  king crown:皇冠
  戴上生日皇冠和朋友们一起玩激光生存游戏...
  -Penny:Yeah, see? That's what kids should have.
  kid:小孩
  对了,瞧吧? 孩子就该这么过生日。
  -Howard:Actually, that was last year.
  其实那是我去年的生日。
  -Penny:So you really never had a birthday party?
  你真的从来没有过生日派对?
  -Leonard:No, but it was okay.
  没有,不过没关系。
  I mean, when I was little,
  在我很小的时候,
  I'd think maybe my parents would change their mind
  我想可能父母会改变主意,
  and surprise me with a party.
  surprise:使惊奇
  给我个惊喜开个生日派对。
  Like this one birthday I came home from my cello lesson
  cello:大提琴
  就像有一次生日,我去学大提琴下课回到家,
  and I saw a lot of strange cars parked out front.
  park:停车
  看到家门前停了很多陌生车辆,
  When I got to the door, I could hear people whispering
  whispering:耳语,低声说
  我进门后听到很多人低声耳语,
  and I could smell German chocolate cake,
  German:德国的,德式的 chocolate cake:巧克力蛋糕
  我还闻到了德式巧克力蛋糕的味道,
  which is my favorite.
  正是我最喜欢的那种。
  -Penny:And?
  然后?
  -Leonard:It turns out my grandfather had died.
  turns out:原来的
  原来是我祖父刚去世。
  -Penny:Oh, my God. That's terrible.
  terrible:糟糕的,极差的
  天哪,太可怜了。
  -Leonard:Well, it was kind of like a birthday party.
  这也算是一次生日派对了。
  I got to see all my cousins, and there was cake, so...
  cousins:远亲
  我见到了所有的表亲还有蛋糕...
  -Penny:That's the sadest thing I've ever heard.
  这是我听到过最悲惨的事了。
  -Howard:You think?
  你这么认为么?
  Go ahead, tell her about your senior prom.
  senior:最高年级的 prom:正式舞会
  继续,跟她说说你的毕业舞会。
  -Howard:You make sure they remember no peanuts.
  peanut:花生
  记得告诉他们别放花生。
  -Leonard:Howard, every Thai restaurant in town knows you can't eat peanuts.
  Thai:泰国
  Howard,城里的每个泰式餐馆都知道你不吃花生。
  When they see me coming, they go, "Ah, no-peanut boy!"
  他们一看到我来就喊 "啊不吃花生的男孩!"。
  -Sheldon:Hello, Penny. Leonard just left.
  你好Penny ,Leonard 刚出去。
  -Penny:I know. I want to talk to you.
  我知道,我是想跟你谈谈。
  -Sheldon:What would we talk about?
  我们能谈什么?
  We have no overlapping areas of interest I'm aware of.
  overlapping:重叠 interest:兴趣 be aware of:知道
  我想我们的兴趣没有交集吧。
  As you know, I don't care for chitchat.
  chitchat:闲谈,聊天
  你知道我不喜欢闲谈。
  -Penny:Can you just let me in?
  能让我进去吗?
  -Sheldon:Well, all right, but I don't see this as a promising endeavor.
  promising:有希望的 endeavor:尝试,努力
  好吧,但我不认为这尝试有用。
  -Penny:Okay, here's the deal.
  deal:交易,事情
  好吧,事情是这样的,
  We are going to throw Leonard a kick-ass surprise party for his birthday on Saturday.
  throw:仍,抛 kick-ass:强大的
  我们周六为Leonard生日办个超酷的生日派对。
  -Sheldon:I hardly think so.
  hardly:几乎不
  我不同意。
  Leonard made it very clear he doesn't want a party.
  Leonard 非常清楚地表示他不想要生日派对。
  -Howard:Did someone say... "party"?
  有人提到... "派对"?
  -Penny:He just doesn't know he wants one 'cause he's never had one.
  他只是不知道他想要,因为从来没人为他举办过。
  -Howard:I suppose that's possible, but for the record,
  suppose:猜想,认为
  就算如此,但是请注意,
  I've never had a threesome and yet I still know I want one.
  我从来没有玩过"三人行" 但我知道我想要玩。
  -Penny:Howard, here's the difference-- the possibility exists
  possibility:可能性 exist:存在
  Howard 这两者的区别是... 在地狱被冰封之前,
  that Leonard could have a birthday party before hell freezes over.
  hell:地狱 freezes over:封冻
  Leonard有可能享受生日派对。
  -Howard:Fine. If I do have a threesome, you can't be part of it.
  好吧,如果我玩"三人行" 你不能参加。
  I'm just kidding. Yes, you can.
  kid:开玩笑
  开玩笑的,你能参加。
  Can you bring a friend?
  你能再带个朋友来吗?
  -Sheldon:I think a birthday party's a terrible idea.
  terrible:糟糕的
  我觉得生日派对的主意太糟了。
  I envy Leonard for growing up without that anguish.
  envy:嫉妒 anguish:(尤指心理上的)极度痛苦
  我很嫉妒Leonard从小到大没遭这样的罪。
  -Penny:Anguish?!
  遭罪?!
  -Sheldon:Year after year, I had to endure wearing comical hats
  endure:忍受 comical:滑稽的,可笑的
  年复一年我不得不忍受戴着滑稽的帽子,
  while being forced into the crowded, sweaty hell of bouncy castles.
  crowded:拥挤的 sweaty:浑身出汗的 bouncy:有弹性的 castles:城堡
  被迫挤在人群里,在充气城堡里弄得满身大汗。
  Not to mention being blindfolded and being spun toward a grotesque
  Not to mention:更不用说 blindfold:蒙住(某人的)眼睛
  spun:使旋转 grotesque:荒诞的
  更别提被蒙上眼睛去给那头无尾的怪驴钉上尾巴了,
  tailless donkey as the other children mocked my disorientation.
  tailless:无尾的 donkey:驴 mock:愚弄 disorientation:方向障碍
  还要被其他孩子嘲笑我的方向感。
  -Penny:Okay, sweetie, I understand you have scars
  scar:精神上的创伤
  好了,亲爱的我理解你有心理创伤,
  that no nonprofessional can heal, but, nevertheless, we're going to throw Leonard a birthday party.
  nonprofessional:非专业的 heal:治愈 nevertheless:然而
  不是非专业人士可以治愈的,可是尽管如此,我们还是要替Leonard办一个生日派对。
  -Sheldon:HaveI pointed out
  我有没有指出
  that I'm extremely uncomfortable with dancing, loud music
  extremely:极端 uncomfortable:不舒服的
  我极度反感跳舞,吵闹的音乐,
  and most other forms of alcohol-induced frivolity?
  form:形式 alcohol:酒,酒精 induced:导致,引起 frivolity:轻浮的举止
  和大部分由酒精引发的轻薄行径?
  -Penny:Nevertheless, we're...
  但是我们...
  -Sheldon:In addition, I really don't think that Leonard wants...
  此外,我真的不认为Leonard会希望...
  -Penny:Okay, here's the deal:
  好吧,这么说吧:
  You either you help me throw Leonard a birthday party
  你要么帮我为Leonard搞派对,
  or, so help me God, I will go into your bedroom
  要么,帮帮我吧上帝,我会去你卧室把你最珍惜的
  and unbag all of your most valuable, mint-condition comic books.
  unbag:把…从袋子里倒出来 valuable:珍贵的
  mint-condition:保存完好 comic books:连环漫画册
  保存得完好无损的漫画书全倒出来。
  And on one of them-- you won't know which--
  我会在其中一本上... 你不会知道是哪一本...
  I'll draw a tiny happy face in ink.
  draw:绘画 tiny:极小的 ink:墨水
  用墨水画一个小笑脸。
  -Sheldon:You can't do that.
  你不能那么做。
  If you make a mark in a mint comic book, it's no longer mint.
  mark:标记 mint:薄荷,这里指保存完好的
  如果你在完好无损的漫画书上作了记号那就不再是完好无损的了。
  -Penny:Sheldon, do you understand the concept of blackmail?
  concept:概念 blackmail:敲诈,勒索
  Sheldon你知道什么是勒索么?
  -Sheldon:Well, of course, I... Oh.
  当然,我... 噢。
  Yeah, I have an idea.
  对了,我有个主意,
  Let's throw Leonard a kick-ass birthday party.
  kick-ass:强大的
  我们给Leonard办一个超棒的生日派对吧。
  -Sheldon:That's not the secret knock.
  secret:秘密的 knock.:敲(门)
  暗号不是那样的。
  This is the secret knock.
  暗号是这样的。
  -Howard:What difference does it make?
  有什么区别吗?
  -Sheldon:The whole point of a secret knock is to establish a non-verbal signal
  point:重点 establish:建立 non-verbal:非语言的 signal:信号
  暗号的重点是为了建立一种非语言的信号,
  to verify the identity of one's co-conspirators.
  verify:核实 conspirator:共谋者
  以此验证同谋者的身份。
  -Penny: Is that Raj and Howard?
  是Raj和Howard吗?
  -Sheldon:Possibly, but unverified.
  unverified:未经证实的
  可能是,未经查证。
  -Howard:Will you just let us in.
  让我们进去行不行。
  -Sheldon:Luckily for you, this is not a nuclear reactor.
  nuclear reactor:核反应堆
  算你们走运,这里不是核反应堆。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288153.html