生活大爆炸第一季第十七集_2:The Tangerine Factor(在线收听

   But my point is that you have absolutely no reason to be embarrassed.

  point:观点 absolutely:绝对的 embarrassed:尴尬
  但我觉得你完全没有理由觉得尴尬。
  -Penny:Really? Do you think I overreacted?
  overreact:反应过度
  真的? 你觉得我反应过度了吗?
  -Leonard:Maybe a little.
  也许有一点。
  -Penny:Because I do that. I do overreact.
  因为我确实是,我确实反应过度了。
  Maybe I should call Mike and apologize.
  也许我应该打给Mike向他道歉。
  -Leonard:No, no, no. That, that would be under-reacting.
  under-reacting:反应不够有力
  不,不,不,那,那样的反应就太消极了。
  He did break the implied confidentiality of the bedroom.
  implied:含蓄的 confidentiality:保密
  他确实违反了男女关系中隐含的卧室保密条例。
  And in your case, the elevator, parks and fast food franchise.
  case:案例 fast food:速食,快餐   franchise:经销商
  在你的案例中,则是电梯、公园和快餐店的保密条例。
  -Penny:OK, You're right. I should just say "I am done with him."
  好吧,你是对的,我应该只跟他说"我和他玩完了"。
  -Leonard:Yes, you should. Go ahead, say it.
  是的,应该这样,就这样说。
  -Penny:But I never gave the man a chance to explain.
  explain:解释
  但我从来没有给他解释的机会。
  -Leonard:What is there to explain? It's all right here.
  有什么好解释的? 全都写在这儿了。
  The betrayal!
  betrayal:出卖
  背叛!
  -Penny:No, you were right the first time.
  不,你一开始是对的。
  This is a man who loves me, but in his own stupid way,
  这是一个爱我的男人,只是他的方式有点蠢,
  which is trying to show people how he feels.
  他只是在试图让人们了解他的感受。
  -Leonard:I'm pretty sure I never said that.
  我很确定我没那么说过。
  -Penny:No, you did better than that. You helped me see it on my own.
  see :明白 on my own:独自的
  不,你做得比那要好得多,你帮助我自己弄明白了。
  -Leonard:Oh, good for me.
  哦,我真不错。
  -Leonard:Where are you going?
  你要去哪?
  -Penny:I'm going over to Mike's. Leonard, thank you so much.
  我要到Mike那去,Leonard太感谢你了。
  -Leonard:Oh, sure.
  哦,应该的。
  Huh, maybe I am her gay friend.
  gay:同性恋的
  呵,也许我就是她的同性恋闺密。
  -Sheldon:Howard, I'm going to need another Mandarin lesson.
  Mandarin:普通话
  Howard我需要再上一堂中文课。
  I obviously didn't make my point with those people.
  obviously:显然
  很明显我没能向那群人清楚地表达我的意思。
  -Howard:For God's sake, Sheldon, if you don't like the tangerine chicken,
  tangerine:柑橘
  看在上帝的份上,Sheldon如果你不喜欢陈皮鸡柳,
  don't order the tangerine chicken.
  那就别点陈皮鸡柳。
  -Sheldon:I like tangerine chicken, I'm just not getting tangerine chicken.
  我喜欢陈皮鸡柳,我只是买不到陈皮鸡柳。
  -Leonard:Can we please change the subject?
  subject:主题
  我们能不能换个话题?
  -Raj:Sure.
  当然。
  Tell us again how you screwed up and got Penny back together
  screwed up:搞砸
  再说一遍你是怎么脑残地把Penny和她前男友
  with her old boyfriend.
  劝回到一块去的。
  -Leonard:Just roll the dice.
  roll:转动 dice:骰子
  掷你的骰子吧。
  -Raj:Enslaved by warlocks. Stay here until you roll two, four or six.
  Enslave:奴役 warlock:术士
  被黑暗术士奴役直到掷出2、4 或6方能前进。
  -Leonard:She was mad at him!
  be mad at:对…愤怒
  她本来很恨他的!
  She was done with him!
  她和他彻底完了的!
  The relationship was broken beyond repair,
  beyond repair:无法恢复
  他们的关系已经不可能修复了,
  and I walked over there, and I fixed it.
  fixed it:处理 fix:修理
  结果我走过去,搞得他们和好了。
  -Howard:Boy, that story gets better every time you hear ..
  老兄,每次听那个故事都会觉得更精彩...
  -Sheldon:Actually, I thought the first two renditions were far more compelling.
  rendition:表演 compelling:引起兴趣的
  事实上我觉得前两个版本更引人入胜一些。
  Uh, previously, I felt sympathy for the Leonard character,
  previously:先前 sympathy:同情 character:角色
  呃,之前我觉得非常同情Leonard这个角色,
  now I just find him to be whiny and annoying.
  whiny:好发牢骚的,嘀咕不停的 annoying:恼人的,讨厌的
  现在我只觉得他又唠叨又烦人。
  -Leonard:Eat your tangerine chicken.
  吃你的陈皮鸡柳去。
  -Sheldon:I'd love to, but I don' have tangerine chicken.
  我很想但我根本没有陈皮鸡柳。
  -Penny:Thank you so much for your stupid advice!
  多亏了你愚蠢的建议!
  -Raj:Incredible. You managed to screw up the screw-up.
  Incredible:难以置信的 managed to:设法 screw up:把…搞砸 screw-up:一团糟
  难以置信,你能把搞砸的事再搞砸一次。
  -Leonard:I'm back.
  我又来了。
  -Penny:I'm sorry I yelled at you. It's not your fault.
  yelled at:对…吼叫 fault:过错
  对不起我冲你嚷嚷了,不是你的错。
  -Leonard:What happened?
  发生什么事了?
  -Penny:Well, I went over to Mike's to make up with him.
  make up:讲和
  我到Mike家里去想跟他和好。
  -Leonard:Yeah. Know, I know that part.
  那个部分我知道。
  -Penny:But he had already moved on.
  但他已经有新开始了。
  -Leonard:Already? That was quick.
  已经? 真快啊。
  -Penny:That's what I said to the woman who had her legs wrapped around his neck!
  wrapped around:使缠绕 neck:脖子
  我就是这么跟那个把腿缠在他脖子上的女人说的!
  -Leonard:Oh, Penny, I am so Sorry.
  Penny,真抱歉。
  -Penny:How could he do that?!
  他怎么能那样呢?!
  -Leonard:Well, you know, you did throw an 80-gig iPod...
  你知道,你的确把一个80G的iPod扔...
  Yeah, no, how could he do that?
  是啊,不,他怎么可以那样呢?
  -Penny:I swear to God I am done with guys like that.
  swear:发誓
  我向上帝发誓我受够这种男人了。
  You know, macho with the perfect body and the hair and the money.
  macho:大男子气概的
  体格健壮,毛发浓密,钱包鼓鼓的那种。
  -Leonard:Yeah, that must get old quick.
  是啊,那种人一定老得很快。
  -Penny:You know, just once I would like to go out with someone
  知道吗,我第一次觉得想跟那种
  who is nice and honest and who actually cares about me.
  honest:可靠的
  体贴的、可靠的、真正关心我的人约会。
  -Leonard:What about me?
  我怎么样?
  -Penny:What about you what?
  什么你怎么样?
  -Leonard:What about if you went out with me?
  went out with:和…约会
  你跟我约会怎么样?
  -Penny:Are you asking me out?
  你在约我出去?
  -Leonard:Um, yes, I am...asking you out.
  呃,是的,我...在约你出去。
  -Penny:Wow.
  哇噢。
  -Leonard:I was just going off your comment about the nice guy...
  comment:评论
  我只是顺着你说的那种体贴的男人...
  -Penny:No, I know, I got that. Yeah, totally.
  不,我知道,我明白,完全明白。
  -Leonard:you know, and honest.
  你知道,还有可靠。
  So, but... it's not a big deal.
  那么,可是... 没什么的。
  -Penny:Yes.
  好的。
  -Leonard:Yes what?
  什么好的?
  -Penny:Yes, I will go out with you.
  好的,我愿意和你约会。
  -Leonard:Really?
  真的?
  -Penny:Yeah. Why not? I mean, what do I have to lose?
  是啊,为什么不呢? 我是说我又不会损失什么?
  -Leonard:Yeah. That's the spirit.
  是啊,这才是重点。
  -Sheldon:Show me your citrus peels.
  citrus:柑橘 peel:果皮
  给我看看你的橘子皮。
  Gei wo kan ni de jud zi pee.
  给我看你诱的颤屁。
  Show me your citrus peels.
  给我看看你的橘子皮。
  Gay wo kan ni de jud zi pee.
  给我看你诱的颤屁。
  Show me your...
  给我看你的...
  -Penny:Sheldon?
  Sheldon?
  -Sheldon:Ai yah!Xia si wo le.
  哎呀!吓死我了。
  -Penny:I'm sorry.
  对不起。
  Look, do you have a second?
  second:一会儿
  听着,你有空吗?
  -Sheldon:A second what, pair of underwear?
  underwear:内与
  多余的什么,一套内衣? (a second也可解释为"多余")
  -Penny:I was just wondering if I could talk to you.
  wonder:想知道
  我只是想和你谈谈。
  It's about Leonard.
  是关于Leonard。
  -Sheldon:Why me?
  为什么是我?
  Why not Koothrappali or Wolowitz?
  为什么不找Koothrappali 或者Wolowitz?
  -Penny:Well, Raj can't talk to me unless he's drunk,
  Raj除非喝醉酒不然没办法跟我说话,
  and Wolowitz is, you know, disgusting.
  disgusting:令人作呕的
  而Wolowitz有点,你知道,有点恶心。
  -Sheldon:Yes, I suppose he is
  是的,我觉得也是。
  -Penny:All I'm saying is, you know Leonard the best.
  我只想说,你最了解Leonard。
  -Sheldon:Not necessarily.
  necessarily:必定的
  不一定啊。
  I'm often surprised by my lack of familiarity with Leonard.
  lack:缺乏 familiarity:熟悉
  我经常对我多么不了解Leonard而感到惊讶。
  Just the other day I discovered he not only has a loofah,
  the other day:前几天 loofah:丝瓜
  就在前几天,我发现他不仅有一个丝瓜络,
  he hides it.
  hide:隐藏
  还藏了起来。
  Why do you suppose a man would be ashamed of having a loofah?
  be ashamed of:惭愧
  一个男人有个丝瓜络有什么好害羞的?
  I, myself, prefer to have my excess epithelial cells
  prefer to:较喜欢 excess:过量的 epithelial cells:上皮细胞 epithelial:上皮的
  就我自己来说,我更喜欢多余的上皮细胞
  slough off naturally, but I don't condemn
  slough off:丢弃 naturally:自然地 condemn:谴责
  自然脱落,但我也不会谴责
  those who seek to accelerate the process.
  seek:试图   accelerate:使加速 process:过程,进程
  那些设法加速这一进程的人啊。
  ...and until recently I had no idea that despite his lactose intolerance,
  lactose intolerance:乳糖不耐受(症) lactose:乳糖
  ...而且直到最近我才知道,他虽然患有乳糖耐受不良 (一种对奶制品不能消化吸收的先天性疾病)。
  he can tolerate small amounts of non-fat ice cream
  non-fat:脱脂的 ice cream:冰激凌
  他却可以吃少量的脱脂冰激凌,
  without producing a noxious gas that I maintain,
  noxious gas:有毒气体 maintain:坚持
  却不会产生那种气体。
  in the right concentration, could be weaponized.
  concentration:集中 weaponize:使武器化,这里指有伤害
  我认为那种气体达到一定浓度时会有伤害性了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz1/288158.html