生活大爆炸第二季第一集_2:The Bad Fish Paradigm(在线收听

   Sheldon: You thought the opposite of "stupid loser" was "community college graduate"?

  opposite: 反面的
  你认为"失败的笨蛋"的反义词是,社区大学毕业?
  -Penny: You know, there are a lot of successful people in this country who are community   college graduates.
  我们国家有好多成功人士,都是社区大学毕业的。
  -Sheldon: Yeah, but you are neither.
  是啊,但你以上皆不是啊。
  -Penny: Right. Okay, look, this is between you and me. You cannot tell Leonard any of this.
  好吧,这次谈话你知我知,你千万不能跟Leonard说。
  -Sheldon: You're asking me to keep a secret?
  你在让我帮你保守秘密?
  -Penny: Yeah.
  是啊。
  -Sheldon: Well, I'm sorry, but you would have had to express that desire before revealing the secret,
  desire: 愿望,欲望 reveal: 显示,透露
  我很抱歉,但... 但是你应该先说清楚啊。
  so that I could choose whether or not I wanted to accept the covenant of secret keeping.
  covenant: 盟约,契约
  好让我决定是听还是不听再来答应你啊;
  You can't impose a secret on an ex post facto basis.
  impose: 强加 ex post facto: 事后地, 追溯地
  你不能事后再告诉人家这是秘密啊。
  -Penny: What?
  什么?
  -Sheldon: Secret keeping is a complicated endeavor. One has to be concerned not only
  about what one says, but about facial expressions, autonomic reflexes.
  complicated: 复杂的 endeavor: 努力,尽力 facial expression: 面部表情 facial: 面部的  autonomic: 自治的,自律的 reflex: 反射
  保密是个复杂的过程,保密的人不仅要注意自己的言辞,还要注意面部表情,下意识的反应。
  When I try to deceive, I myself have more nervous tics than a Lyme disease research facility. It’s a joke.
  Deceive: 欺骗 facility: 设备
  我撒谎的时候,身上紧张的”虱子” 要比一台莱姆病研究设备还多,这是个笑话。
  It relies on the homonymic relationship between “tick,” the bloodsucking arachnid, and “tic,” the involuntary muscular contraction.
  rely on: 信赖,依靠 homonymic: 同音异义字的,同名的 bloodsucking: 吸血的 arachnid: 属于蜘蛛类的节肢动物 involuntary: 自然而然的 contraction: 收缩
  只是同音不同义,tick是指吸血蜘蛛,而tic是肌肉自然的抽动,
  I made it up myself.
  make up: 编造
  我自己编的。
  -Penny: Okay, look, if Leonard finds out that I lied, I will absolutely die of embarrassment.
  absolutely: 绝对地 embarrassment: 尴尬
  如果Leonard发现我撒谎了,我会因尴尬而死的。
  -Sheldon: Physiologically impossible.
  physiologically: 生理上
  从生理上说,不可能的事情。
  -Penny: Oh, Sheldon, please. Look, I am asking you as a friend.
  Sheldon 拜托了,我是在向你请求朋友的帮助。
  -Sheldon: So you're saying that friendship contains within it an inherent obligation to     maintain confidences?
  inherent: 内在的,固有的 obligation: 义务
  那么你是说朋友之间就应该为彼此保密?
  -Penny: Well, yeah.
  对啊。
  -Sheldon: Interesting. One more question, and perhaps I should have led with this. When did we become friends?
  真有意思。还有一个问题,也许我应该这样问:我们啥时候成朋友了?
  -Sheldon: i.e., I couldn't become Green Lantern unless I was chosen by the Guardians of Oa,
  也就是说,除非被OA星的守护者选中;否则我就不会成为"绿灯侠"。
  but given enough start-up capital and an adequate research facility, I could be Batman.
  start-up: 启动 adequate: 足够的 research facility: 研究设备
  但是拥有足够的资金和一些优良的设备,我就能当"蝙蝠侠"了。
  -Leonard: You could be Batman?
  你能当蝙蝠侠?
  -Sheldon: Sure. I'm Batman. See?
  当然啦,我就是蝙-蝠-侠。怎么样?
  -Penny: Hi, guys.
  嘿,伙计们。
  -Leonard: Hey.
  嗨。
  -Sheldon: Hi, Penny.
  你好,Penny。
  -Leonard: Penny, if you're not doing anything Friday night, I thought maybe we could go
  to see a movie.
  Penny,如果这周五你没事的话,我们去看场电影如何?
  -Penny: Oh, um, you know, I think I have the dinner shift on Friday.
  shift: 移动,转变
  噢,周五我晚餐时间要上班。
  -Leonard: Okay, what about Saturday?
  好的,那周六呢?
  -Penny: You know, I'm not sure; the manager hasn't posted the schedule yet. How about
  let you know?
  schedule: 时间表
  我也不清楚啊,经理还没排好班呢,我会告诉你的。
  -Leonard: Great. Okay. So you just let me know when you know. Okay, so... Oh, God, I am the bad fish.
  你一知道就要告诉我啊。好吧,那... 天哪,我就是那"臭鱼"。
  -Leonard: What did I do wrong?
  我做错了什么啊?
  -Sheldon: Why are you asking me? I have no information about your interactions with Penny other than what you have provided me,
  interaction: 相互作用,相互影响 other than: 除了
  问我干什么?我可不知道任何你和Penny的事情;除了你自己告诉我的,
  nor do I have any method of learning such things.
  其他的我怎么可能知道?
  -Leonard: What does that mean?
  那是啥意思?
  -Sheldon: Nothing. You seem to be implying an informational back-channel between me and Penny where obviously none exists.
  imply: 暗示 obviously: 明显地
  没啥意思,你说得好象我和Penny私下里互通有无一样,可明显根本就没有!
  -Leonard: No, I didn't. I just think you need to be careful how you phrase things, sir.
  phrase: 表达,叙述
  我可不是这么想的,我觉得你该注意自己的表达方式了,伙计。
  -Leonard: What's going on with you?
  What's going on with you: 你怎么了?【口语常用语】
  你到底怎么了?
  -Sheldon: I might ask you the same question. Why do you insist on attempting to drag me into matters which have nothing to do with me?
  insist on: 坚持 attempt to: 企图,试图 drag into: 把……拉进
  我还正想问你呢,你为什么不停的想把我拉下水,这些事跟我没有一点关系,
  but exist between you and Penny, a person to whom I barely speak?
  barely: 几乎不
  都是你和Penny之间的事情,而我跟她都不怎么说话。
  -Leonard: What's wrong with your face?
  你的脸怎么了?
  -Sheldon: There's no reason to bring my looks into this. Good day, Leonard.
  没什么东西把我弄成"这样",祝你愉快,Leonard。
  -Leonard: What?
  啥?
  -Penny: I said, "Good day."
  我说祝你愉快。
  -Leonard: Good day?
  祝你愉快?
  -Penny: Also today, we have a fresh-caught Alaska salmon, and that's served with a teriyaki glaze and sticky rice. Our soup of the day is...
  salmon: 三文鱼 teriyaki: 红烧的 glaze: 釉,覆罩的一层 sticky: 粘的,粘性的
  今天我们还有新鲜的阿拉斯加三文鱼,淋上照烧酱配糯米饭,今天的汤是...
  -Sheldon: You must release me from my oath.
  release: 释放 oath: 誓言
  你必须解除我的誓约。
  -Penny: Sheldon, I'm working.
  Sheldon,我在工作。
  -Sheldon: Why don't you take a minute to decide?
  你们可以慢慢决定。
  -Penny: Oh, my...
  天。
  -Sheldon: I can't keep your secret, Penny. I'm going to fold like an energy-based de novo
  protein in conformational space.
  keep the/a secret: 保守秘密 fold: 折叠 protein: 蛋白质 de novo : (拉)重新;更始
  conformational: 构造的
  Penny,我没法帮你保密了我就快像构象空间里的内源蛋白一样折叠了,
  Like a Renaissance tryptich. Like a cheap suit.
  renaissance:文艺复兴
  就像文艺复兴时期的三联画屏(折叠的) ,像套便宜西装。
  -Penny: Look, why is it so hard for you to keep one little secret?
  我说叫你保守一个小秘密就那么难吗?
  -Sheldon: I'm constitutionally incapable. That's why I was refused clearance for a very prestigious government research fellowship
  constitutionally: 本质地,天生,体质上 incapable: 本质地,天生,体质上 prestigious: 享有声望的 fellowship: 奖学金
  我天生做不到,所以之前我才申请不到那个由政府设立奖学金,
  at a secret military supercollider located beneath a fake agricultural station 12.5 miles southeast of Traverse City, Michigan,
  supercollider: 超对撞机 beneath: 在…下面 fake: 假的 agricultural: 农业的
  隐藏在密歇根Traverse城东南面12.5英里处的农业中心地下的机密军用超级对撞机的项目。
  which you did not hear about from me.
  你什么都没听到。
  -Penny: Look, just forget I told you about me... not graduating from community college, okay?
  听着,你就把我说过不是从社区大学毕业,这件事忘了不行吗?
  -Sheldon: Forget? You want me to forget? This mind does not forget.
  忘掉? 你要我忘掉? 这个脑袋不会忘记。
  I haven't forgotten a single thing since the day my mother stopped breastfeeding me. It was a drizzly Tuesday.
  breastfeeding: 母乳喂养 drizzly: 下毛毛雨的
  从我断奶那一天开始的任何事情我都没忘记,那是个下着毛毛雨的星期二。
  -Penny: Okay... Look, you promised me you would keep my secret, so you're just gonna have to figure out a way to do it.
  好了,听着,你答应会为我保密的,那你就得自己想办法做到这一点。
  -Sheldon: Lenorad, I'm moving out.
  Lenorad,我要搬出去了。
  -Leonard: what do you mean you're moving out? Why?
  什么叫你要搬出去? 为什么?
  -Sheldon: There doesn't have to be a reason.
  这不需要什么理由。
  -Leonard: Yeah, there kinda does.
  kinda=kind of
  不,需要点什么的。
  -Sheldon: Not necessarily. This is a classic example of Munchausen's Trilemma.
  classic: 经典的 Trilemma: n. 三难选择的窘境;三难困境;[逻]三难推理
  没有那个必要,这是Munchausen三难问题的经典范例。
  Either the reason is predicated on a series of sub-reasons leading to an infinite regression,
  predict: 预知,预言,预报 series: 连续,系列 lead to: 导致infinite: 无限循的 regression: 回归
  要么是一个依赖于一串子逻辑,导致无限循回的推理;
  or it tracks back to arbitrary axiomatic statements, or it's ultimately circular, i.e. I'm moving out because I'm moving out.
  arbitrary: 任意的 axiomatic: 公理的 ultimate: 最后的 circular: 循环的
  要么就是一切逆向推理回到一个任意公理,要么一切根本就是一个循环。即:因为我要搬出去所以我要搬出去。
  -Leonard: I'm still confused.
  confuse: 混乱,狼狈,困惑
  我还是不明白。
  -Sheldon: Leonard, I don't see how I could have made it any simpler.
  Leonard,我不知道怎么才能说得更简单了。
  -Howard: Hey, qu'est que s'up?
  嘿!你们好吗?
  -Raj: We just got back from that exhibit of those plasticized human cadavers.
  exhibit: 展览品 plasticize: 增塑 cadaver: 尸体
  我们刚从那个塑化的尸体模型展览回来。
  -Howard: And some of those skinless chicks were Hot!
  那边一些剥了皮的美女实在是性感极了!
  -Sheldon: If you'll excuse me, I'm going to pack.
  你们不介意的话我去打包了。
  -Howard: That's kind of an overreaction to a little harmless necrophilia.
  overreaction: 反应过度 harmless: 无害的 necrophilia: 恋尸癖
  反应过度了吧,只不过是一点无害的恋尸癖而已。
  -Leonard: It's not you, Howard. He says he's moving out.
  不是因为你。Howard,他说要搬出去。
  -Raj: What did you do? Did you change the contrast or brightness settings on the television?
  contrast: 对比度 brightness: 亮度
  你干了什么?重调了电视的亮度或者对比度?
  -Leonard: No.
  没有。
  -Howard: Did you take a Band-Aid off in front of him?
  Band-Aid: n. [商标]邦迪创可贴
  在他面前撕创可贴?
  -Leonard: No.
  没有。
  -Howard: Did you buy generic ketchup, forget to rinse the sink, talk to him through the bathroom door?
  generic: 一般的,普通的,共有的 ketchup: 蕃茄酱等 rinse: 清洗
  买了天然番茄酱,忘了刷水池,或者从浴室里和他说话?
  -Raj: Adjust the thermostat, cook with cilantro, pronounce the "t" in often?
  thermostat: 恒温计 cilantro: 芫荽叶
  乱调温度计,烧饭用香菜,还是说often的时候发了"t"的音?
  -Leonard: No.
  没有。
  -Howard: Did you make fun of trains?
  你开火车的玩笑了?
  -Leonard: No, I didn't do anything. He's just gone insane.
  insane: 疯狂的,精神错乱的
  没有,我什么都没干,他就是发疯了。
  -Raj: Well, we all knew this day was coming.
  哦,我们都知道总会有这一天的。
  -Leonard: Well, that was fast.
  收拾这么快。
  -Sheldon: It's my pre-packed disaster evacuation bag. It's recommended by the Department of Homeland Security. And Sarah Connor.
  evacuation: 撤离,疏散 recommend: 推荐 department: 部门
  这是我事先准备的紧急疏散包,是国土安全部推荐过的,还有Sarah Connor(终结者女主角)。
  -Leonard: Where are you going to live?
  你准备去哪里住?
  -Sheldon: Until I find a permanent place, I will stay with friends.
  permanent: 固定的
  我去朋友那里,直到找到固定住所为止。
  -Howard: Bye.
  再见。
  -Raj: Well... you can't stay with me. I have a teeny-tiny apartment.
  teeny: 极小的(微小的) apartment: 公寓
  你不能和我住,我那里只有一丁点大。
  -Sheldon: Excuse me, but isn't hosting guests an aspect of "manushya yajna," one of the five central religious duties or sacrifices of the Hindu householder?
  aspect: 方面 religious: 宗教的 sacrifice: 牺牲 Hindu: 印度人(的)
  不好意思, 热情待客难道不是manushya yajna的一个方面吗? 那不是印度教家庭的五大宗教戒律之一么?
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288215.html