生活大爆炸第二季第二十集二_1(在线收听

   -Sheldon:Smell that?

  闻到没?
  That's the smell of new comic books.
  comic:连环漫画
  新漫画书的味道。
  -Howard:They're on me today, boys.
  哥们,今儿个都算我账上。
  -Raj:You're paying?
  你付钱?
  Have you been selling your sperm again?
  sperm:精子
  你又卖精子了?
  -Howard:No, I'm celebrating.
  celebrate:庆祝
  不,庆祝下。
  As we speak, the space shuttle is docking
  space shuttle:航天飞机 dock:【航空】使(宇宙飞行器)在外层空间会合
  我们说话这当儿,航天飞机正对接国际空间站,
  at the International Space Station where it will deploy the Wolowitz Zero-Gravity Waste Disposal System.
  International:国际的   Space Station:太空站 deploy:施展
  Zero-Gravity:飞行时之失重状态 Waste:废物
  Disposal:处理 System:系统
  其采用了Wolowitz零重力废物处理系统。
  -Raj:Get over yourself. It's a high-tech toilet.
  Get over:结束 high-tech:高科技
  少臭美了,不过是高科技厕所。
  -Leonard:Just think. Thanks to your hard work, an international crew of astronauts will "boldly go where no man has gone before."
  Thanks to:幸亏 crew:全体机务人员
  astronaut:宇航员   boldly:大胆地
  想想吧,多亏了你的付出,一飞船的国际宇航员都能"大胆去往无人探索的地方"。
  -Howard:Is that supposed to be funny?
  funny:可笑的
  你这是搞笑咩?
  -Sheldon:I believe it is.
  我想是的。
  The combination of the Star Trek reference
  combination:结合 Star Trek:星际迷航 Trek:徒步旅行 reference:参考
  引用星际迷航的话来玩去和"冲"的文字游戏,
  and the play on words involving the double-meaning of the verb "to go" suggests that Leonard is mocking your efforts in space plumbing.
  involving:包括   double-meaning:双重意思 verb:动词
  mock:嘲笑 efforts :努力 plumbing:管道工程
  表示Leonard在幽默的嘲笑你对宇航管道装置下的良苦用心。
  -Howard:Okay, make your little jokes,
  好啦,笑你们的吧。
  but of the four of us, I'm the only one making any real-world contribution to science and technology.
  contribution:贡献   science and technology:科技
  但四个人中只有我对科技做出了实际贡献。
  -Raj:He's right. This is an important achievement, for two reasons.
  achievement:成就
  他说的对,基于两点原因,这是一项重大的成果。
  Number one...
  第一...
  and, of course, number two!
  还有,当然了,第二!
  -Sheldon:Clever!
  行啊你!
  Playing on the use of cardinal numbers as euphemisms for bodily functions.
  cardinal:基数 euphemism:委婉语 bodily:人体的 function:功能
  用基数词做文章来委婉表达人体机能。
  -Man:Here, Sheldon, I pulled the new Hellboy for you.
  Hellboy:地狱男孩
  来Sheldon,给你新的地狱男孩,
  It's mind-blowing.
  mind-blowing:使兴奋的
  绝对大跌眼镜。
  -Sheldon:Excuse me.
  你咋回事啊。
  Spoiler alert.
  Spoiler:抢夺者 alert:提醒
  剧透啦。
  -Man:I didn't spoil anything.
  spoil:抢夺
  我啥也没透啊。
  -Sheldon:You told me it's mind-blowing.
  你都说会大跌眼镜了。
  So, my mind is going into it pre-blown.
  所以我看之前眼镜就提前跌了,
  And once a mind is pre-blown, it cannot be re-blown.
  提前跌完就不能够再跌了。
  -Man:I'm sorry.
  对不起了。
  -Sheldon:Said the Grinch to Christmas.
  Grinch:圣诞怪杰 Christmas:圣诞节
  扫兴鬼对圣诞节如是说 (苏斯博士书中搅乱圣诞节的角色)。
  -Man:Can I talk to you about something?
  嘿Leonard,咱谈谈成吗?
  -Leonard:sure, What's up?
  行啊,啥事?
  -Man:Remember I went out with Penny, a couple weeks ago?
  couple:一些,几个
  记得几周前我和你朋友Penny约会不?
  -Leonard:Yeah, vaguely.
  vaguely:含糊的
  嗯,记不太清了。
  -Raj:Sure you remember.
  才怪嘞。
  You went to the bar and made a fool of yourself trying to pick up strange women.
  made a fool of:愚弄
  那晚你去酒吧自欺欺人打算泡陌生美眉。
  -Leonard:What about it?
  咋了呢?
  -Man:The thing is, the date didn't go that well.
  是这样,约会不太成功。
  -Leonard:Too bad.
  真遗憾。
  I guess the thing to do now is just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, forget it and move on.
  dust off:掸去尘土,这里指振作精神
  我想现在你该站起来,振作一下,忘记此事,向前看。
  -Man:I can't do that.
  不行的。
  -Leonard:Why the hell not?
  有啥不行的吧?
  -Man:'Cause we're going out again tomorrow.
  因为明晚我们又要约会了。
  -Sheldon:Excuse me, Stuart.
  打扰下,Stuart。
  Have you read the new Flash?
  看了最新的闪电侠没?
  -Man:No
  没有。
  -Sheldon:Well, I have and it will knock your socks off!
  我看完了,这期会赞得你下巴都掉下来的!
  Good luck getting them back on.
  祝你能把它推回去。
  -Man:This is probably my last shot with Penny and I don't want to screw it up.
  screw up:把…搞砸
  总之,这是我和Penny的最后机会了,我不想搞砸了。
  -Leonard:Nobody wants that.
  谁想搞砸啊。
  -Man:So, here's my question: It's the second date,
  所以我的问题就来了,第二次约会
  you think she'll be expecting things to get physical?
  physical:身体的
  你觉得她会不会想来点...身体接触?
  -Leonard:Gee...
  哎呀...
  My initial reaction is "no,"
  initial:最初的 reaction:反应
  我第一反应是"不想",
  but let me think about it and get back to you.
  但还是让我想想吧,回来告诉你。
  -Man:So, you'll give me a call?
  那你打给我?
  -Leonard:Yeah, or you call me.
  嗯,你打给我也成。
  -Man:Great.
  好。
  -Leonard:Or nobody calls anyone.
  谁也不给谁打更成。
  -Raj:Interesting.
  有点意思。
  Penny's current suitor asking advice from her former suitor.
  current:现在的 suitor:追求者 advice:忠告,意见 former:过去的
  Penny的现追求者向前追求者取经。
  -Leonard:You know, thanks for closed-captioning my pain, Raj.
  captioning:解说 pain:痛苦
  谢谢你解说我的痛楚Raj。
  -Howard:Hey, wanna make sure he gets nowhere with Penny without jeopardizing your friendship with either of them?
  wanna= want to jeopardize:危及,损害
  嘿,想既不让他和Penny有进展又不妨碍你和他俩的友情吗?
  -Leonard:I'm listening.
  洗耳恭听。
  -Howard:Just tell him to do everything you've done with her for the last two years.
  让他做过去两年来你和她做的事。
  -Penny:Hi, Leonard.
  嘿Leonard。
  -Leonard:Hi.
  哦,嗨。
  -Penny:How's it going?
  怎么样?
  -Leonard:Good, good. You?
  蛮好,蛮好,你呢?
  -Penny:Fine.
  挺好的。
  Can I ask you something?
  问你点事好不?
  -Leonard:Sure.
  好呀。
  -Penny:You know your friend Stuart?
  记得你朋友Stuart哈?
  -Leonard:Yeah.
  嗯。
  -Penny:He asked me out again and I said yes,
  他又约我出去,我答应了。
  and then I started thinking maybe I should talk to you first.
  然后寻思着我似乎应该现跟你谈谈。
  -Leonard:About what?
  谈啥?
  -Penny:Does it bother you, me going out with one of your friends?
  bother:使不安
  你会介意不,我跟你朋友约会?
  'Cause you know, you and me...
  因为那啥嘛,你和我...
  -Leonard:No, that's the past.
  不会啦,那都老黄历了。
  I'm really more of a "right now" kind of guy.
  我可是那种更计较现在的人。
  You know, living in the moment.
  懂吧,活在当下
  Although I do have to live a little in the future, 'cause that's my job.
  虽说我的确需要关注未来,因为我的工作嘛。
  Of course, my fondness for classic science fiction does draw my attention backwards,
  fondness for:喜好 classic:经典的 science fiction:科幻
  fiction:虚构的 draw:拖,拉 backwards:向后
  当然啦,我对经典科幻小说的喜爱会把我的焦点拉回一点点,
  but those stories often take place in the future.
  take place:发生
  但那些故事常常发生在未来嘛。
  In conclusion, no, it doesn't bother me.
  In conclusion:最后,综上所述
  总之了,我不介意。
  -Penny:Okay, well, that's really cool of you.
  好,你能这样想真好。
  -Leonard:I wouldn't say cool. I'd just say... "That's Leonard!"
  不是啥好不好的,要我说是"Leonard就是这种人嘛!"
  -Penny:In that case, do you mind giving me some advice?
  In that case:如果是那样的话   mind:介意
  既然这样,那你能给点啥建议不?
  -Leonard:About Stuart?
  关于Stuart的?
  Love to.
  原意啊。
  -Penny:He's very shy.
  他很害羞。
  How do I make him feel more comfortable around me?
  comfortable:舒服的,自在的
  怎么能让他在我身边自在点?
  -Leonard:First of all, don't underestimate the value of discomfort.
  underestimate:低估 discomfort:不舒服
  首先,不要低估不自在的价值。
  -Penny:Really?
  真的呀?
  -Leonard:Stuart thrives under pressure.
  thrive:兴盛 pressure:压力
  Stuart在压力下爆发
  That's why he works in a comic book store.
  所以他在漫画书店工作嘛。
  -Leonard:It's Stuart.
  是Stuart。
  -Sheldon:You're not going to answer it?
  你不打算接?
  -Leonard:He wants to talk about Penny. I don't want to talk about Penny.
  他想谈Penny的事,我不想谈Penny。
  -Sheldon:You're making an assumption.
  assumption:假设
  你的假设而已啊。
  Perhaps the comic book store is on fire.
  be on fire:着火,失火
  或许是漫画书店着火了呢,
  And he needs your assistance.
  assistance:帮助
  他需要你的帮助。
  -Leonard:Why would he call me?
  那打给我干啥?
  -Sheldon:We don't know.
  不知道呀。
  And if you don't answer the phone, we can't know.
  你要是不接电话呢,我们也知道不了。
  -Leonard:I'm not answering the phone.
  我才不要接电话。
  -Sheldon:Answer the phone, Leonard.
  接电话Leonard。
  -Leonard:There, it went to voice mail.
  voice mail:语音信箱
  好啦,转接语音信箱啦。
  -Sheldon:Aren't you going to check your messages?
  你不读你的信息吗?
  -Leonard:No
  不要。
  -Sheldon:You have to check your messages!
  你必须读下信息Leonard!
  The living of a message is one half of a social contract which is completed by the checking of the message.
  contract:契约
  既然留信息那就要读信息,才能实现这一社会契约。
  If that contract breaks down,
  break down:粉碎
  如果这契约破碎了,
  then all social contracts break down and we descend into anarchy.
  descend into:向下行 anarchy:混乱
  那所有社会契约都会破碎,我们会陷入混乱状态。
  -Leonard:It must be hell inside your head.
  你脑子里一定纠结死了吧。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/shdbz/shdbz2/288404.html