英语听书《海底两万里》第128期 第9章 尼德兰的愤怒(13)(在线收听

   The vessel hadn't stirred, because I obviously would have felt its hull vibrating under the influence of the propeller.

  船不动了,因为我不感觉到船身在推进器推动下所发生的震颤。
  It had undoubtedly sunk into the watery deep and no longer belonged to the outside world.
  它可能是潜入到大海的最深处,跟陆地毫无关系了。
  All this dismal silence was terrifying.
  这种阴沉的寂静真叫人骇怕。
  As for our neglect, our isolation in the depths of this cell, I was afraid to guess at how long it might last.
  我们受人冷落,困守在这间房子里,这样下去究竟还有多久,我不敢设想。
  Little by little, hopes I had entertained after our interview with the ship's commander were fading away.
  我们跟这只船的船长会见以后所产生的各种希望,现在渐渐破灭了。
  The gentleness of the man's gaze, the generosity expressed in his facial features, the nobility of his bearing,
  这个人温和的眼光,慷慨的、
  all vanished from my memory. I saw this mystifying individual anew for what he inevitably must be: cruel and merciless.
  够高雅的举止都从我的记忆中消失了。现在,出现密我面前的却是一个无情的、冷酷的怪人。
  I viewed him as outside humanity, beyond all feelings of compassion, the implacable foe of his fellow man,
  我感到他是没有入性、没有一点同情心的人,
  toward whom he must have sworn an undying hate!
  是人类不可饶恕的敌人,他怀有永远不解的仇恨!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/336196.html