口腔临床英语对话 第3期:第一次看牙预约(3)(在线收听

   Please do as much as you can for me today. I'm not busy this morning.

  今天你就尽量做吧。我今天上午不忙。
  You'll need two appointments for your cleaning. I'll review the X-rays and decide upon a treatment plan for your next appointment.
  洗牙需要预约做两次。我要看一下X光的结果,然后决定你下一次预约时的治疗计划。
  How much time should I take to do the oral prophylaxis, Doctor?
  医生,进行口腔预防治疗需要多长时间?
  We give 30 minutes' appointments for oral prophylaxis, Miss Jones.
  琼斯小姐,口腔预防治疗需预约30分钟。
  It might take two or more appointments to complete this first part of the treatment.
  第一部分可能需要2次以上预约。
  I understand, Doctor.
  我明白了。
  Most dental diseases can be prevented.
  大多数牙病是可以预防的。
  I believe that helping a patient to prevent dental diseases is just as important as treating dental disease after it occurs.
  我认为帮助病人预防牙病和治疗牙病同样重要。
  What about the cleaning appointments, Doctor?
  医生,如何洗牙?
  During your cleaning appointments you'll be taught how to use your toothbrush and dental floss effectively, as a daily routine.
  在洗牙时,我们会教你在平时该如何有效地使用牙刷和牙线。
  What purpose is this?
  做这个目的是什么?
  The purpose of your daily home care is to prevent dental caries (tooth decay) and gum disease.
  每天在家对牙齿所做的护理,目的是要防止龋齿和牙龈疾病。
  Without good home care my treatment could fail, because of gum problems or recurring tooth decay.
  没有良好的日常护理,我的治疗就会失效,因为牙龈会出问题或牙齿又发生龋坏。
  Miss Jones will apply a topical fluoride to your teeth to help prevent new cavities.
  琼斯小姐会给你的牙齿局部涂氟,防止再长龋齿。
  That's fine, doctor.
  好极了。
  Finally, I want to make follow-up (recall) appointments with you every 6 months for an examination and X-rays.
  最后, 我想和你订出每6个月进行一次定期检查预约,进行检查和拍X光。
  Also, to clean your teeth as often as it is needed. Please begin to clean the patient's teeth, Miss Jones.
  此外,根据需要经常洗牙。琼斯小姐,你给病人先洗牙吧。
  Yes, Doctor.
  好的。
  Show the patient how to "brush" and use dental floss properly. I'll see you later, Mrs. Williamson.
  你教病人如何正确使用牙刷和牙线。威廉森太太,我稍后再见你。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/kqlcyydh/338770.html