公众人物毕业演讲 第267期:米歇尔2013东肯塔基大学8(在线收听

 So you should be incredibly proud

所以你们应该异常自豪
And I hope that you never lose sight of what brought you to this day
而且我希望永远不要忘记 是什么成就了这一天的你
those values that you came here with
也就是你们来到这里时所拥有的价值观
and those skills and talents you developed while you were here
还有你们在这里培养出的技巧和才能
Because when you pair those two things together, you will
因为这两点加在一起
be prepared for whatever comes next, whatever comes next
将会让你有能力应对接下来的任何挑战
And that brings me to an important question
这就引出了一个很重要的问题
What does come next?
接下来会有什么挑战
As I thought about the journey you all are about to embark upon
在我思考你们即将开启的旅程时
it reminded me of a conversation I had with my daughter Malia she's my oldest
我想到了我同我大女儿玛丽亚的谈话
and this conversation we had when she was 10 years old
这是发生在她十岁时的谈话
We were talking about college and our future
我们在讨论大学 以及我们的未来
And I told her
我告诉她
I always tell my kids
我总跟我的孩子们说
I said, once you graduate from college, you cannot come back home
大学毕业后 你就不能回家了
Cannot
不能
Now, of course, I was joking
当然 我是开玩笑
but I still don't want her to know that
但我现在仍然不希望她知道这是玩笑
But her response she took it in was one I will never forget
她当时真信了这句话 而她的回话我总记得
She said, well, mom, where do you go after college?
她说 妈妈 你大学毕业后去了哪
She said, I mean literally, the day after you graduate?
她说 我是说正好毕业后的那一天
She said, because you're not in school, and you can't come home
你既要离开学校 又不能回家
So where do you go?
那去了哪里呢
Now I hope that all of you have an answer for that question today
我希望你们每个人 今天都对这个问题有了答案
And hopefully nobody's sleeping out in the ravine
但愿没有人会睡在深谷中
But I think there was also something profound about her question
不过我觉得 她的问题中蕴含了某种更深刻的意义
Where are you gonna go?
你要去哪里
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzrwyj/356873.html