公众人物毕业演讲第271期:米歇尔2013东肯塔基大学12(在线收听) |
So you all should be very proud of this community 所以 你们有理由为这个群体感到自豪
But graduates, graduates
但毕业生们 毕业生们
you can't stop serving once you leave here
离开这里之后 你也不应停止服务
Whether you've worn our country's uniform or not
不管是否身着美国军队的军装
we're all called to serve and to give back to those of around us
我们都有服务的使命 以及帮助周围人的使命
And you don't have to travel across the globe or even across the country
你不需要走遍全球 或者走遍全国
to find ways to serve
去寻找服务方式
All you have to do is take a look around your own community
你只需要放眼社区四周
Are there kids in your neighborhood who could use a mentor?
邻里之间是否有需要良师益友的孩子
Can you volunteer with an organization that serves military families?
有没有志愿者组织可以加入 帮助服务于军人家庭
Can you pick up a few extra cans of vegetables
有没有多出来的蔬菜罐头
and donate them to a food bank?
捐助到食物银行
I mean, these things may seem so small, but they really make a difference
这些东西看起来很小 但它们确实具有重要意义
Because when you've worked hard and done well, as I said
因为当你努力并取得成功之后
the least you can do is reach back
你至少可以伸出援手
and give a hand to somebody else who could use that help
帮助那些需要帮助的人
We can all find a way
我们都能找到一种方式
to open our arms and welcome folks around us into our lives and our communities
张开双臂 将周围的人迎接到我们的生活和社区之中 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzrwyj/359487.html |