公众人物毕业演讲第288期:奥巴马2013莫尔豪斯学院13(在线收听) |
With millions of young people from china and India and brazil. 来自中国 印度 巴西 数以百万计的年轻人。
Many of whom started with a whole lot less than all of you did.
很多人比你们最初所拥有的还要少很多。
All of them entering the global workforce alongside you.
他们都同你们一同进入到全球劳动力市场。
Nobody is going to give you anything that you have not earned.
没有人会给你 任何不是你用辛劳挣来的东西。
Nobody cares how tough your upbringing was.
没人会管你的成长过程有多艰辛。
Nobody cares if you suffered some discrimination.
没人会管你是否遭受过歧视。
And moreover, you have to remember that whatever you've gone through.
除此之外 你们还应记住 不管你们经历过什么。
It pales in comparison to the hardships previous generations endured.
这在你们前一代人所经受的困难面前 都不值一提。
And they overcame them.
他们克服了它们。
And if they overcame them, you can overcome them too.
如果他们能够克服 你们也一样可以。
You now hail from a lineage and legacy of immeasurably strong men.
你们继承无数伟人的血脉 他们的强大难以估量。
Men who bore tremendous burdens.
这些人背负着难以想象的沉重负担。
And still laid the stones for the path on which we now walk.
却仍然为我们如今所踏过的道路奠定了基石。
You wear the mantle of Frederick Douglass.
你们继承了弗雷德里克.道格拉斯。
And booker T. Washington.
布克.T.华盛顿。
And ralph Bunche. And Langston Hughes.
拉尔夫.邦奇。兰斯顿.休斯。
George Washington carver. And Ralph Abernathy. And Thurgood Marshall.
乔治.华盛顿.卡佛。拉尔夫.埃伯纳西。瑟古德.马歇尔。
And, yes, Dr. Martin Luther king, jr..
当然 还有马丁.路德.金牧师。
These men were many things to many people.
这些人对很多人非常重要。
And they knew full well the role that racism played in their lives.
他们深知种族歧视在他们生命中扮演的角色。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzrwyj/359905.html |