公众人物毕业演讲第289期:奥巴马2013莫尔豪斯学院14(在线收听) |
But when it came to their own accomplishments and sense of purpose. 但在他们希望取得的成就和目的面前。
They had no time for excuses.
他们没有时间找借口。
Every one of you have a grandma or an uncle or a parent who's.
你们每个人都有一位祖母 或叔父 或父母。
Told you that at some point in life, as an African American.
告诉你 在人生的某个阶段 作为非裔美国人。
You have to work twice as hard as anyone else if you want to get by.
你需要付出常人两倍的努力 才能取得成功。
I think president mays put it even better: he said.
我想 梅斯院长说得更好 他说。
"whatever you do.
不管你做什么。
Strive to do it so well that no man living and no man dead.
努力把它做得好到 任何活着或已死的人。
And no man yet to be born can do it any better".
甚至任何尚未出生的人 都无法做得更好的地步。
And I promise you, what was needed in Dr. Mays's time.
我向你们保证 梅斯博士那时所需要的精神。
That spirit of excellence, and hard work, and dedication.
包括追求卓越 努力奋发 勇于献身。
And no excuses is needed now more than ever.
以及不找借口 在现在都仍然重要。
If you think you can just get over in this economy. Just because you have a Morehouse degree.
如果你们认为在这个社会中。只要有莫尔豪斯的学位就够了。
You're in for a rude awakening.
那你们就大错特错了。
But if you stay hungry, if you keep hustling.
但如果你们能求知若渴 持续奋斗。
If you keep on your grind and get other folks to do the same.
如果你们能继续将这种精神代代相传。
Nobody can stop you.
没人能阻止你们。
And when I talk about pursuing excellence and setting an example.
我讲到追求卓越以及树立榜样。
I'm not just talking about in your professional life.
指的不只是在职业生活中。
One of today's graduates, Frederick Anderson.
今天的研究生之一 弗雷德里克.安德森。
Where's Frederick?.
弗雷德里克在哪。
Frederick, right here.
弗雷德里克 在这里。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzrwyj/359907.html |