公众人物毕业演讲第381期:查理邓森2013在犹他州立大学(12)(在线收听

   It is Now it's your turn to contribute, to lead and to find your way.

  确实是这样现在轮到你们来贡献 来领导 来找到前进的道路
  The good news is you're also the most capable generation ever You're better educated, you have a more global perspective.
  好消息是 你们也是迄今最能干的一代你们受过更好的教育 你们有更好的全球视野
  And you are armed with all the mistakes that have preceded you I believe we're in good hands, but it's time for you to answer the bell.
  而且你们站在前人的所有经验教训基础之上我们的时代逐渐远去 现在轮到你们接受挑战
  So that brings us to "What do I hope you'll do?" I hope that you want to change the world.
  最后一点是 我希望你做什么我希望 你想要改变世界
  Make it a better place We can't continue to live the way we have.
  让它成为更美好的地方我们无法继续现在的生活方式
  We're running out of natural resources We're altering ecosystems and slowly destroying our planet.
  我们正在用尽自然资源我们正在破坏生态系统 并逐渐毁灭这颗星球
  Our planet is big, but it's not infinite It's not about using less.
  地球很大 但不是无穷尽的重要的不是用得更少
  It's about doing it differently That's where you come in.
  而是采取不同做法这正是需要你们的地方
  Look for new ways to create things, new ways to use things and different ways to dispose of things.
  探寻新方式来创造事物 来使用事物来处理废弃事物
  Our planet has its limits but limits create opportunities to innovate.
  地球有它的极限但同时 极限又会创造出创新机会
  And to get to a different place I hope you lead mankind to a place of respect and understanding.
  让世界变得完全不同我希望 你们将人类引向尊敬和理解
  Our world gets smaller every day It's a world of the 24 hour news feed.
  世界每天都在变小这是一个24小时新闻动态播放的世界
  A world of transparencies and a world that societal norms are evolving at lightning speed.
  一个透明的世界一个社会准则风驰电掣般演化的世界
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/gzrwyj/378222.html