【突破英文对话】It Doesn’t Make Sense 没道理(在线收听

A: Linda, it’s so great to see you again! 
琳达,再次见到你真是太高兴了! 
 
 
B: Well, thanks for inviting me to lunch. I never seem to leave my house these days! 
谢谢你邀我吃午饭。我这些天几乎没有出过门! 
 
 
A: Come in, please. Make yourself at home. 
请进。随便点,别客气。 
 
 
B: Thanks. You have a beautiful place. 
谢谢,你这地方真漂亮。 
 
 
A: I’m glad you like it. The furniture’s in pretty bad condition, though. We should get rid of it. It really looks bad in this new house. 
很高兴你喜欢,尽管家具很糟糕。我们应该丢掉它,新房子里放旧家具实在有些难看。 
 
 
B: Don’t do that. It’s very comfortable. You have children, don’t you? 
别丢。家具挺舒适的。你有孩子吧? 
 
 
A: Yes, we do. Two boys and a girl. Not to mention two dogs and a cat. So we have to make this furniture do. As long as the children are small, anyway. It doesn’t make sense to replace it. 
是啊。两个男孩和一个女孩。而且还有两只狗和一只猫。就是因为孩子们太小了,所以我们不得不留着这些家具。丢掉了没有多大意义。 
 
 
B: I know what you mean. Our children are hard on furniture, too. They are always jumping up and down on the sofa or spilling food on my chairs. 
我懂你的意思。我家孩子也是不爱惜家具。他们总是在沙发上蹦来蹦去,要不就把饭撒在椅子上。 
 
 
A: They sound just like my children. 
他们跟我的孩子们差不了多少。 
 
 
B: Maybe we should get them all together to play with each other some afternoon. 
也许我们该找一个下午让他们聚在一起玩一玩。 
 
 
A: That’s a great idea! 
这个主意可真好! 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/tpdh/388105.html