听歌学英语:与父共舞 Dance with My Father(在线收听

Back when I was a child,
小时候,
Before life removed all the innocence,
还天真懵懂时,
My father would lift me high,
父亲会把我高高举起,
And dance with my mother and me,
跟我和母亲一起翩翩起舞。
And then...
然后,
Spin me around til' I fell asleep,
抱着我转圈,直到我入睡。
Then up the stairs he would carry me,
父亲会把我抱上楼。
And I knew for sure I was loved
我知道父亲深深爱着我。

If I could get another chance,
如果我还有一次机会,
Another walk, another dance with him,
跟父亲散步,与父亲共舞,
I'd play a song that would never ever end
我会放一首永远不会结束的曲子。
How I'd love love love...
我是多么想
To dance with my father again.
再跟父亲跳一次舞。

When I and my mother would disagree,
当我不想听母亲话的时候,
To get my way I would run from her to him.
我就会跑到父亲跟前。
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me,
他会想办法让我笑起来,安慰我。
Then finally make me do just what my momma said.
但是最后让我照母亲的话去做。
Later that night when I was asleep,
那一晚在我睡觉的时候,
He left a dollar under my sheet.
他在我的床单下放了一块钱。
Never dreamed that he would be gone from me.
从来没有想过父亲会离开我。

If I could steal one final glance,
如果我能再看父亲一眼,
One final step,
再迈出一步舞步,
One final dance with him,
再跟父亲跳最后一支舞。
I'd play a song that would never ever end
我会放一首永远不会结束的曲子。
Cause I'd love love love...
因为我是多么想
To dance with my father again.
再跟父亲跳一次舞。
Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
有时候我会在母亲的门外,
And I'd hear how my momma cried for him
听见她思念父亲的哭声。
I pray for her even more than me...
我为母亲祈祷…
I pray for her even more than me.....
我为母亲祈祷...
I know I'm praying for much too much,
我知道我的要求有点过分,
But could you send back,
但是你能不能
The only man she loved.
把她唯一深爱的男人送回来?
I know you don't do it usually,
我知道你一般不会这么做,
But dear Lord she's dying
但是我的主啊,
To dance with my father again.
她是多么想再和父亲共舞啊!
Every night I fall asleep
每晚入睡以后,
And this is all I ever dream...
同样的梦境重复出现…



Dear son,
孩子,

The day that you see me old and I am already not in good health, have patience and try to understand me.哪天你看到我日渐老去,身体也渐渐不行,请耐着性子试着了解我。
If I get dirty when eating,if I cannot dress,have patience. 如果我吃得脏兮兮,如果我不会穿衣服,有耐性一点。
Remember the hours I spent teaching you these things.你记得我曾花多久时间教你这些事吗?

If, when I speak to you, I repeat the same things thousand and one times, do not interrupt me, listen to me.如果,当我一再重复述说同样的事情,不要打断我,听我说。
When you were small, I had to read to you thousand and one times the same story until you went to sleep.你小时候,我必须一遍又一遍地读着同样的故事,直到你静静睡着。

When I do not want to have a shower, neither shame me nor scold me.当我不想洗澡,不要羞辱我也不要责骂我。
Remember when I had to chase you with thousand excuses I invented, in order to make you want to bath…When you see my on new technologies, give me the necessary time and not look at me with your mocking smile.小时候为了哄你洗澡我曾编过多少理由,当你看到我对新科技的无知,给我一点时间,不要挂着嘲弄的微笑看着我

I taught you how to do so many things… to eat well, to dress well, to confront life. 我曾教了你多少事情啊,好好吃饭,好好穿衣服,好好面对生活。
When at some moment I lose the memory or the thread of our conversation,let me have the necessary time to remember. And if I cannot do it, do not become nervous, as the most important thing is not my conversation but surely to be with you and to have you listening to me.
如果交谈中我忽然失忆不知所云,给我一点时间回想;如果我还是怎么也想不起来,请不要紧张,对我而言重要的不是对话,而是能跟你在一起,有你倾听。
If ever I do not want to eat, do not force me. I know well when I need to and when not. 当我不想吃东西时,不要勉强我;吃或不吃,我很清楚。
When my tired legs do not allow me to walk, give me your hand, the same way I did when you gave your first steps. 当我的腿不听使唤, 扶我一把, 如同我曾扶着你踏出你人生的第一步。
And when someday I say to you that I do not want to live any more, that I want to die, do not get angry, some day you will understand. 当哪天我告诉你不想再活下去了,请不要生气。总有一天你会了解。
Try to understand that my age is not lived but survived. 试着了解,我已是风烛残年,来日可数.
Some day you will discover that, despite my mistakes, I always wanted the best thing for you and that I tried to prepare the way for you. 有一天你会发现,即使我有许多过错,但对你,我总是尽我所能要给你最好的…
You must not feel sad or angry for seeing me near you. You must be next to me, try to understand me and help me as I did it when you started living. Help me to walk… help me to end my way with love and patience. I will pay you by a smile and by the immense love I have had always for you. 当我靠近你时不要觉得感伤,生气。你要紧挨着我,如同我当初帮着你开启你的人生一样,去理解我,帮我….扶我一把,用爱跟耐心帮我走完人生…我将用微笑以及我始终不变无边无际的爱来回报你 。

I love you son.
我爱你孩子
Your father
你的父亲

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/song/tgxyy/390288.html