ESL杰夫的一天 第63期:工作 休息和吃午饭讲解(1)(在线收听

   Part six is called "At my Desk, on Break, and at Lunch." 第六部分叫做“坐在我的办公桌旁,休息和吃午饭”。

  Notice the use of those prepositions. 注意那些介词的使用。
  Prepositions are very difficult to translate and many people get confused when you start learning another language,  介词很难翻译,当你开始学另一种语言,
  trying to figure out those little words — which word should you use. 试图弄清楚那些小词——你应该用哪个词的时候,很多人都会弄混淆。
  There's a difference between "at my desk" and "on my desk" and "in my desk." “At my desk”,“on my desk”,和“in my desk”是有区别的。
  Those all mean different things. 这些词组的含义各不相同。
  "On your desk" means something is on top of your desk, like your computer.  “On your desk”是指放在你的桌子上的某件东西,比如电脑。
  "In your desk" means something is inside one of the drawers of your desks.  “In your desk”是指放在你桌子抽屉里的某件东西。
  "At your desk" means that you are sitting next to your desk, “At your desk”是指你正坐在你桌子的旁边,
  you are, we hope, working, like you're supposed to be working right now, instead of listening to this episode. 我们希望你正在工作,你现在就应该在工作,而不是在听这集的听力。
  "On break" is the expression we use when you are stopping work for a short time, usually ten, 15, maybe 20 minutes.  “On break”是在你短暂停止工作的时候会用到的表达,通常是十,十五或者二十分钟的时间。
  "At lunch" means that you are going to lunch — you are eating.  “At lunch”是指你要吃午饭——你正在吃午饭。
  We don't say, "in lunch" or "on lunch," we say, "at lunch."  我们不会说,“in lunch”或“on lunch”,我们是说,“at lunch”。
  The best way to learn those little prepositions is just to read and to listen more and more,  学习那些小介词的最佳方法是多读和多听,
  and eventually, you will know them without even having to study them. 最终,你甚至不学那些小介词都能分辨它们。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/jfdyt/421219.html