冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第60期:第四章 艾德 (10)(在线收听

 Six, and sickly, and Lord of the Eyrie, gods have mercy, the king swore.  六岁,成天病假城的,这种人是新任鹰巢城主,诸神绕了我吧。国王咒道:

Lord Tywin had never taken a ward before. Lysa ought to have been honored.  泰温公爵以前从来没收过养子,莱莎应该觉得光荣才对。
The Lannisters are a great and noble House. She refused to even hear of it.  兰尼斯特家族历史悠久,势力又大,她竟然连考虑都不肯考虑,也没得到我准许,
Then she left in the dead of night, without so much as a by-your-leave.  就趁著月黑风高不声不响离开了。
Cersei was furious. He sighed deeply. The boy is my namesake, did you know that? Robert Arryn.  瑟曦差点没气炸。他深深地叹了口气说:你知道麽?那孩子的名字是照著我取的,叫劳勃·艾林。
I am sworn to protect him. How can I do that if his mother steals him away? 我发过誓要保护他,我怎麽能让他母亲就这样把他偷偷带走呢?
I will take him as ward, if you wish, Ned said. Lysa should consent to that.  不如让我来收养他,你觉得如何?奈德说:莱莎应该会同意的。
She and Catelyn were close as girls, and she would be welcome here as well. 她年轻时和凯特琳很亲,她在这儿也会比较有家的感觉。
A generous offer, my friend, the king said, but too late. Lord Tywin has already given his consent.  我的好友啊,你真好。国王回答:只可惜太晚了。泰温公爵已经同意要收养,
Fostering the boy elsewhere would be a grievous affront to him. 如果又把那孩子送到别的地方,对他是种侮辱。
I have more concern for my nephew’s welfare than I do for Lannister pride, Ned declared. 我关心的是我外甥的幸福,而不是在乎兰尼斯特家族的人觉得高兴不高兴。奈德表示。
That is because you do not sleep with a Lannister. Robert laughed,  那是因为你晚上不用陪兰尼斯特家的女人睡觉,劳勃放声大笑,
the sound rattling among the tombs and bouncing from the vaulted ceiling.  笑声在墓窖里回荡,又从拱形屋顶上反射回来,
His smile was a flash of white teeth in the thicket of the huge black beard.  他的微笑是浓密黑色蚪髯里的一条白线。
Ah, Ned, he said, you are still too serious. He put a massive arm around Ned’s shoulders.  呵,奈德,他说:你还是老样子,太严肃了。他伸出巨大的手臂环住奈德的肩膀:
I had planned to wait a few days to speak to you, but I see now there’s no need for it. Come, walk with me. 我本来想过几天再跟你谈这件事的,但你既然提起了,就现在说吧。来,我们走。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/426170.html