冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第71期:第五章 琼恩 (8)(在线收听

 Benjen gave Jon a careful, measuring look. You don’t miss much, do you, Jon? We could use a man like you on the Wall. 班扬仔细地审视了琼恩一番,说:琼恩,什么事都逃不过你眼光,是么?我们长城守军很需要你这样的人才。

Jon swelled with pride. Robb is a stronger lance than I am,  琼恩骄傲地说:罗柏用起长枪来比我有力,
but I’m the better sword, and Hullen says I sit a horse as well as anyone in the castle. 但是我剑使得比较好,胡伦还说我的骑术在城里也是数一数二。
Notable achievements. 的确很不容易。
Take me with you when you go back to the Wall, Jon said in a sudden rush.  你回去的时候,带我一道走罢。琼恩突然激动起来,
Father will give me leave to go if you ask him, I know he will. 只要你去跟父亲大人说,他一定会同意,我知道他一定会。
Uncle Benjen studied his face carefully. The Wall is a hard place for a boy, Jon. 班扬叔叔再度审视他的脸庞,琼恩,对一个男孩子来说,长城是个很艰苦的地方。
I am almost a man grown, Jon protested. I will turn fifteen on my next name day,  我差不多成年了,琼恩辩解,下个命名日我就满十五岁,
and Maester Luwin says bastards grow up faster than other children. 而且鲁温师傅说私生子会比其他孩子长得快。
That’s true enough, Benjen said with a downward twist of his mouth.  这倒是真的。班扬的嘴角向下微翘,
He took Jon’s cup from the table, filled it fresh from a nearby pitcher, and drank down a long swallow. 他从桌上拿起琼恩的酒杯,斟满葡萄酒,深吸一口。
Daeren Targaryen was only fourteen when he conquered Dorne, Jon said. The Young Dragon was one of his heroes. 戴伦·坦格利安征服多恩领的时候也不过十四岁。琼恩又说。传说中的年轻龙王是他心目中的英雄。
A conquest that lasted a summer, his uncle pointed out.  那场仗可是打了一整个夏天,叔叔提醒道,
Your Boy King lost ten thousand men taking the place, and another fifty trying to hold it.  你说的这个年轻国王,为了攻下多恩,死了一万人,后来为了守住它,又死了五万人。
Someone should have told him that war isn’t a game. He took another sip of wine.  应该有人告诉他,战争可不是儿戏。他又啜了口酒,抹抹嘴,
Also, he said, wiping his mouth, Daeren Targaryen was only eighteen when he died. Or have you forgotten that part? 而且,戴伦·坦格利安十八岁就英年早逝,你该不会忘记这一部分吧?
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/426210.html