冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第75期:第五章 琼恩 (12)(在线收听

 The wolf pup padded closer and nuzzled at Jon’s face, but he kept a wary eye on Tyrion Lannister,  小狼溜达过来,亲热地用鼻子摩擦琼恩的脸颊,却始终对提利昂·兰尼斯特保持警戒。

and when the dwarf reached out to pet him, he drew back and bared his fangs in a silent snarl. Shy, isn’t he? Lannister observed. 当侏儒伸手想摸它时,它立刻抽身后退,露出利齿,发出无声的咆哮。挺怕生的么?兰尼斯特说。
Sit, Ghost, Jon commanded. That’s it. Keep still. He looked up at the dwarf.  白灵,坐下。琼恩命令,就是这样,坐着别乱动。他抬头望向侏儒,
You can touch him now. He won’t move until I tell him to. I’ve been training him. 你现在可以摸他了。除非我叫它动,否则他不会乱动的。我正在训练他。
I see, Lannister said. He ruffled the snow-white fur between Ghost’s ears and said, Nice wolf. 原来如此。兰尼斯特搔搔白灵两耳间白如细雪的绒毛,乖狼狼。
If I wasn’t here, he’d tear out your throat, Jon said. It wasn’t actually true yet, but it would be. 若我不在这里,他早把你的喉咙撕开了。琼恩说。其实这话当下还不能成真,不过看小狼的长势却也为时不远。
In that case, you had best stay close, the dwarf said.  如果这样,那你还是别走开的好。侏儒答道。
He cocked his oversized head to one side and looked Jon over with his mismatched eyes. I am Tyrion Lannister. 他歪了歪那颗过大的脑袋,用那双大小不一的眼睛仔细打量琼恩,我是提利昂·兰尼斯特。
I know, Jon said. He rose. Standing, he was taller than the dwarf. It made him feel strange. 我知道。琼恩边说边起身。他站着比那侏儒高多了,不禁觉得很怪异。
You’re Ned Stark’s bastard, aren’t you? 你是奈德·史塔克的私生子吧?
Jon felt a coldness pass right through him. He pressed his lips together and said nothing. 琼恩只觉得一股寒意刺进全身,他抿紧嘴唇,没有答话。
Did I offend you? Lannister said. Sorry. Dwarfs don’t have to be tactful.  我冒犯到你了吗?兰尼斯特忙道,抱歉,侏儒向来不太懂得察言观色。
Generations of capering fools in motley have won me the right to dress badly and say any damn thing that comes into my head.  反正历来杂耍卖艺的侏儒前辈们个个衣着随便,口无遮拦,我也就有样学样啦。
He grinned. You are the bastard, though. 他嘿嘿笑着,不过你确实是个私生子。
Lord Eddard Stark is my father, Jon admitted stiffly. 艾德·史塔克大人是我父亲没错。琼恩终于还是承认了。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/426214.html