冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第130期:第十章 琼恩(7)(在线收听

  Septa Mordane, Jon told her. I don’t think she’d like Nymeria helping, either.  "茉丹修女会啰。"琼恩告诉她,"而且我想她一定不喜欢娜梅莉亚这样帮忙的。"
  The she-wolf regarded him silently with her dark golden eyes. It’s just as well.  小母狼静静地用她那对深沉的金眸子打量他。"不管了,
  I have something for you to take with you, and it has to be packed very carefully. 我有样东西要让你带上,而且这东西必须很妥善地藏好。"
  Her face lit up. A present? 她的脸庞顿时焕发光芒。"是给我的礼物?"
  You could call it that. Close the door. "可以算是。去把门关起来。"
  Wary but excited, Arya checked the hall. Nymeria, here. Guard. She left the wolf out there to warn of intruders and closed the door.  艾莉亚既兴奋又紧张地看看门外的回廊。"娜梅莉亚,守在这儿。"她把小狼留在门外,负责发出警讯,然后关上房门。
  By then Jon had pulled off the rags he’d wrapped it in. He held it out to her. 这时琼恩已把破布包裹解开,把东西交给她。
  Arya’s eyes went wide. Dark eyes, like his. A sword, she said in a small, hushed breath. 她睁大双眼。和他的眼睛一样,那是双颜色沉暗的眸子。"是一把剑!"她用细小的声音说,呼吸急促起来。
  The scabbard was soft grey leather, supple as sin. Jon drew out the blade slowly, so she could see the deep blue sheen of the steel.  剑鞘是用柔软的灰皮革做成,琼恩缓缓抽出剑,好让她仔细瞧瞧剑身泛着的深蓝色金属光泽。
  This is no toy, he told her. Be careful you don’t cut yourself. The edges are sharp enough to shave with. "这可不是玩具,"他告诉她,"小心不要伤到自己,这把剑很利,利到可以用来刮胡子。"
  Girls don’t shave, Arya said. "女生又不用刮胡子。"艾莉亚说。
  Maybe they should. Have you ever seen the septa’s legs? "也许女生该刮一刮。你看过修女的腿吗?"
  She giggled at him. It’s so skinny. 她朝他咯咯直笑。"看过,你好坏哟。"
  So are you, Jon told her. I had Mikken make this special. The bravos use swords like this in Pentos and Myr and the other Free Cities.  "你不也一样?"琼恩说,"我请密肯特别打造了这把剑,潘托斯、密尔和其他自由贸易城邦的刺客用的就是这种剑。
  It won’t hack a man’s head off, but it can poke him full of holes if you’re fast enough. 它虽然无法砍人头颅,但只要你动作够快,却可以轻易地将敌人刺得千疮百孔。"
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/byhqldyx/426295.html