英国语文第一册 第67期:你们都是有用的(在线收听

   LESSON 67 EACH ONE USEFUL 第六十七课 你们都是有用的

  Cock-a-doodle-doo!cried the cock. He stood in the farm-yard and crowed aloud, that all might hear him. Cock-a-doodle-doo!”大公鸡打鸣。他站在饲养圈大声的啼鸣,以至于所有人都能听到。
  Cock-a-doodle-doo! How useful I am; for I always get up first.  Cock-a-doodle-doo!”我是用途是多么大!因为我总是首先醒来。
  And I crow as soon as the sun rises, to bid all in the house awake. 太阳一升起我就啼鸣,让屋内的所有人都醒来。
  Cluck!cluck! cluck!cried the hen from the yard.  咯!咯!咯!院里的大母鸡叫起来。
  She was walking about with three pretty little chickens, and trying to find some food for them. 她正在和三只可爱的小鸡四处转悠,为小鸡寻找食物。
  Cluck!cluck! cluck! I am more useful than you.  咯!咯!咯!我比的更有价值。
  Almost every day I lay a nice fresh egg for my master's breakfast. 几乎每一天我都会为我的主人早餐增添一个鸡蛋。
  Then think how useful I am to my mistress. 想想我对女主人的贡献有多大。
  How many nice things she makes with my eggs for the children. She could not get on well without eggs. 她用我下的蛋为孩子们制作了很多好吃的。没有鸡蛋,她根本做不出来。
  Mew! mew! mew!cried the cat, as she ran out of the house to tell what she could do. 咪!咪!咪!猫叫出声来,然后跑出屋子来展示他的作用。
  Mew! mew! mew! I keep the mice from the bread and the cheese and the corn. 咪!咪!咪!我的存在让老鼠不敢接近面包,奶酪,谷物。
  Bow! wow! wow!cried the dog, as he put his head out of his kennel. 汪!汪!汪!狗叫出声来, 他把头伸出狗屋。
  Hear what I have to say, and then you will know what work is. 听我说,你们就会知道我的责任是什么。
  I watch the house by day and by night. I keep thieves from stealing my master's property. Where would you all be but for me? 我部分白昼黑夜看守房子。有我在,小偷不敢偷取主人的财产。没有我,你们还会在么?
  Just then the farmer came into the yard. 就在这时候,农民走进院子。
  He threw a handful of corn to the fowls, and placed a cup of milk for puss. Then he gave the dog a bone. 他给家禽扔了一小撮谷物,给小猫放了一杯牛奶,给狗一根骨头。
  He thus showed that he thought each of them was useful in its own way. 他因而表明他的想法:他们中的每一个都以他们特有的方式做出贡献。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/ygyw/d1c/430067.html