英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第34期:第三章 现象(4)(在线收听

 There was another flurry of hospital personnel, another stretcher brought to the bed next to me.  医护人员又是一阵慌乱,又一张担架床推到了挨着我的那张病床边上。

I recognized Tyler Crowley from my Government class beneath the bloodstained bandages wrapped tightly around his head.  我认出来是政府学班上的泰勒·克劳利,他头上紧紧缠着血迹斑斑的绷带。
Tyler looked a hundred times worse than I felt.  泰勒看上去比我原以为的要糟一百倍。
But he was staring anxiously at me.  可他还在焦急地盯着我。
"Bella, I'm so sorry!"  "贝拉,我真是太抱歉了!"
"I'm fine, Tyler — you look awful, are you all right?"  "我很好,泰勒——你看上去怪吓人的,你没事儿吧?"
As we spoke, nurses began unwinding his soiled bandages, exposing a myriad of shallow slices all over his forehead and left cheek.  我们说话的时候,护士们开始拆他头上脏兮兮的绷带,只见他的整个额头和左边的脸颊都划上了无数道浅浅的伤痕。
He ignored me.  他没理睬我的问话。
"I thought I was going to kill you!  "我当时以为会把你撞死了呢!
I was going too fast, and I hit the ice wrong…"  我开得太快了,又误撞到了冰上……"
He winced as one nurse started dabbing at his face.  护士开始给他搽脸时,他疼得肌肉都抽搐了。
"Don't worry about it; you missed me."  "别担心了,你没撞着我。"
"How did you get out of the way so fast?  "你怎么会躲得那么快?
You were there, and then you were gone…"  你当时站在那儿,眨眼就不见了……"
"Umm… Edward pulled me out of the way."  "唔……爱德华把我拉开了。"
He looked confused. "Who?"  他一脸的茫然:"谁?"
"Edward Cullen — he was standing next to me."  "爱德华·卡伦——他当时站在我身边。"
I'd always been a terrible liar; I didn't sound convincing at all.  我总是不善于撒谎;听起来一点儿都不可信。
"Cullen? I didn't see him… wow, it was all so fast, I guess. Is he okay?"  "卡伦?我没看见他呀……喔,我想可能实在是太快了。他没事儿吧?"
"I think so. He's here somewhere, but they didn't make him use a stretcher."  "我想是这样的。他在这儿某个地方,但他们没有逼着他坐担架床。"
I knew I wasn't crazy. What had happened?  我知道我没疯。发生过什么事情呢?
There was no way to explain away what I'd seen.  没有办法能解释通我所见到的一切。
They wheeled me away then, to X-ray my head.  这时他们把我推走了,去给我的头部拍X光片。
I told them there was nothing wrong, and I was right.  我告诉他们我什么问题都没有,结果还真让我说对了。
Not even a concussion.  连脑震荡都没有。
I asked if I could leave, but the nurse said I had to talk to a doctor first. 我问我是不是可以走了,可护士说我得先找个大夫谈谈。
So I was trapped in the ER, waiting, harassed by Tyler's constant apologies and promises to make it up to me.  于是我被关进了急救室,等候着,泰勒没完没了地道歉,一遍遍地保证要弥补我受到的伤害,真让我听得心烦。
No matter how many times I tried to convince him I was fine, he continued to torment himself.  无论我跟他说了多少次我没事,他还是一个劲儿地折磨自己。
Finally, I closed my eyes and ignored him.  最后,我闭上眼睛,懒得理睬他了。
He kept up a remorseful mumbling.  他还在那里咕咕哝哝地悔恨不已。
"Is she sleeping?" a musical voice asked.  "他睡着了吗?"一个音乐般好听的声音问道。
My eyes flew open.  我猛地睁开了眼睛。
Edward was standing at the foot of my bed, smirking.  爱德华站在我的床脚边,懒洋洋地、略带得意地傻笑着。
I glared at him.  我瞪了他一眼。
It wasn't easy — it would have been more natural to ogle.  朝他瞪眼可不是件容易事——或许抛个媚眼会来得更自然一些。
"Hey, Edward, I'm really sorry —" Tyler began.  "嘿,爱德华,我真是抱歉——"泰勒又开腔了。
Edward lifted a hand to stop him.  爱德华抬起了一只手让他别说话。
"No blood, no foul," he said, flashing his brilliant teeth.  "不流血,就不犯规 ,"他说,露了一下他那口闪亮的牙齿。
He moved to sit on the edge of Tyler's bed, facing me.  他过去坐在了泰勒的床边上,脸对着我。
He smirked again.  他又开始露出那种让我牙根痒痒的傻笑。
"So, what's the verdict?" he asked me.  "哦,诊断结果如何?"他问我。
"There's nothing wrong with me at all, but they won't let me go," I complained.  "我一点儿问题没有,可他们不让我走,"我抱怨道,
"How come you aren't strapped to a gurney like the rest of us?"  "你怎么没有像我们其他人一样被绑在轮床上?"
"It's all about who you know," he answered.  "多亏你知道的那个人,"他回答说,
"But don't worry, I came to spring you."  "不过别着急,我是来保释你出院的。"
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/437519.html