英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第194期:第十二章 平衡(6)(在线收听

 "How did you sleep?" he asked. “你睡得怎么样?”他问道。

I wondered if he had any idea how appealing his voice was. 我怀疑他是否知道自己的声音是多么的动人。
"Fine. How was your night?" “很好。你昨晚过得怎样?”
"Pleasant." His smile was amused; I felt like I was missing an inside joke. “很开心。”他的笑容很愉快。我感觉我错过了一个秘密的笑话。
"Can I ask what you did?" I asked. “我能问你做了什么吗?”我问道。
"No." He grinned. "Today is still mine." “不能。”他咧嘴一笑。“今天还是我的。”
He wanted to know about people today: more about Renée, her hobbies, what we'd done in our free time together. 他今天想了解别人的事:更多关于蕾妮的事,她的爱好,当我们空闲的时候我们一起做过的事。
And then the one grandmother I'd known, my few school friends—embarrassing me when he asked about boys I'd dated. 还有我记得的一位祖母,我寥寥无几的在学校里的朋友——让我困窘的是他居然问起了我约会过的男孩子。
I was relieved that I'd never really dated anyone, so that particular conversation couldn't last long. 我很庆幸自己从没真正地跟谁约会过,所以这个特别的对话没有持续太久。
He seemed as surprised as Jessica and Angela by my lack of romantic history. 他似乎和杰西卡还有安吉拉一样惊讶于我在罗曼史方面的匮乏。
"So you never met anyone you wanted?" “所以你从没遇见过你想要的人?”
he asked in a serious tone that made me wonder what he was thinking about. 他用严肃的语气问道,这让我想知道他在想什么。
I was grudgingly honest. "Not in Phoenix." 我满心不情愿地诚实答道。“在凤凰城没有。”
His lips pressed together into a hard line. 他的嘴唇紧紧地抿在一起,抿成了一条坚毅的线条。
We were in the cafeteria at this point. 此刻我们正在自助餐厅里。
The day had sped by in the blur that was rapidly becoming routine. 这一天又是在一阵模糊中过去了,这很快会变成例行公事的。
I took advantage of his brief pause to take a bite of my bagel. 我利用他短暂的停顿咬了一口硬面包圈。
"I should have let you drive yourself today," he announced, apropos of nothing, while I chewed. “今天我必须让你自己开车回去。”当我咀嚼的时候,他宣布,没有提及任何理由。
"Why?" I demanded. “为什么?”我诘问道。
"I'm leaving with Alice after lunch." “午饭后我要和爱丽丝出去一下。
"Oh." I blinked, bewildered and disappointed. “哦。”我眨了眨眼睛,既迷惑又失望。
"That's okay, it's not that far of a walk." “没关系,走回去不算太远。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438062.html