英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第221期:第十三章 自白(12)(在线收听

 "I couldn't understand why. How you could hate me so quickly..." “我只是不能理解为什么。你这么快就开始讨厌我了……”

"To me, it was like you were some kind of demon, summoned straight from my own personal hell to ruin me. “那时对我来说,你就像是某种恶魔,是直接从我自己的炼狱里被召唤出来,来毁掉我的。
The fragrance coming off your skin... I thought it would make me deranged that first day. 你的肌肤上散发着的芬芳……我本以为它会让我在第一天就发狂了。
In that one hour, I thought of a hundred different ways to lure you from the room with me, to get you alone. 那一个小时里,我想到了一百种不同的方式把你从这个房间里引诱出去,让你落单。
And I fought them each back, thinking of my family, what I could do to them. 但我把所有这些想法都击退了,我想到了我的家族,想到我能为他们做什么。
I had to run out, to get away before I could speak the words that would make you follow..." 我不得不冲出去,在我说出任何让你跟着的话以前离开……”
He looked up then at my staggered expression as I tried to absorb his bitter memories. 他抬起头,注视着我脸上难以置信的神情,我正试图消化他痛苦的回忆。
His golden eyes scorched from under his lashes, hypnotic and deadly. 他金色的眼睛在睫毛下焦灼着,催眠而致命。
"You would have come," he promised. “那时你一定会跟着来的。”他保证道。
I tried to speak calmly. "Without a doubt." 我努力用平静的语气说:“而且毫无疑虑。”
He frowned down at my hands, releasing me from the force of his stare. 他皱起眉,看着我的手,让我从他眼中的魔力里解脱出来。
"And then, as I tried to rearrange my schedule in a pointless attempt to avoid you, “然后,当我试图重新安排我的课表,徒劳地想要避开你的时候,
you were there—in that close, warm little room, the scent was maddening. 你就在那里——在那间密闭的,温暖的小屋子里,你的香气简直让我发狂。
I so very nearly took you then. 我几乎差点就要对你得手了。
There was only one other frail human there—so easily dealt with." 那里只有另一个脆弱的人类——太容易处理了。”
I shivered in the warm sun, seeing my memories anew through his eyes, only now grasping the danger. 我在温暖的阳光里颤抖着,从他的眼里再次寻回了自己的回忆,在这时我才意识到那时候的危机。
Poor Ms. Cope; I shivered again at how close I'd come to being inadvertently responsible for her death. 可怜的柯普夫人。我再次战栗着,因为想到我只差一点点就会无意地导致了她的死亡。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438338.html