英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第250期:第十四章 精神胜于物质(19)(在线收听

 I knew that if I continued to ignore you as I should, or if I left for a few years, till you were gone, 我知道如果我做我该做的事,继续无视你,或者离开几年,直到你走回再回来,

that someday you would say yes to Mike, or someone like him. It made me angry. 那么总有一天,你会对迈克,或者类似的人,点头应许的。这种想法让我愤怒。
"And then," he whispered, “然后,”他耳语道。
"as you were sleeping, you said my name. “当你睡着的时候,你说出了我的名字。
You spoke so clearly, at first I thought you'd woken. 你说得那么清晰,开始我还以为你醒着。
But you rolled over restlessly and mumbled my name once more, and sighed. 可你不得安生地翻来覆去,又一次喃喃地念着我的名字,还叹息着。
The feeling that coursed through me then was unnerving, staggering. 胆怯和震惊的感觉传遍了我的全身。
And I knew I couldn't ignore you any longer." 然后我知道,我再也无法无视你了。”
He was silent for a moment, probably listening to the suddenly uneven pounding of my heart. 他沉默了片刻,也许是在听我的心脏突如其来的砰砰乱响。
"But jealousy... it's a strange thing. “可是嫉妒……是一件奇怪的事情。
So much more powerful than I would have thought. And irrational! 远比我曾经想到过的,更为有力。而且不合常理!
Just now, when Charlie asked you about that vile Mike Newton..." 就在刚才,当查理向你问到那个卑鄙的迈克·牛顿……”
He shook his head angrily. 他生气地摇着头。
"I should have known you'd be listening," I groaned. “我应该知道你在听的。”我呻吟着。
"Of course." “当然。”
"That made you feel jealous, though, really?" “不过,这让你感到了嫉妒,真的?”
"I'm new at this; you're resurrecting the human in me, and everything feels stronger because it's fresh." “我在这方面完全是个新手;你唤醒了我身上属于人类的感情,而且每一种感觉都更为强烈,因为它们对我来说都是新奇的存在。”
"But honestly," I teased, "for that to bother you, after I have to hear that Rosalie—Rosalie, the incarnation of pure beauty, Rosalie—was meant for you. “但诚恳地说,”我揶揄道,“和困扰着你的这一切相比,在我听说了罗莎莉——罗莎莉,那个纯净的美的化身,罗莎莉——对你的意义以后,
Emmett or no Emmett, how can I compete with that?" 有艾美特或者没有艾美特,我又怎能和她竞争呢?”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438415.html