英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第272期:第十六章 卡莱尔(10)(在线收听

 Good acoustics? I guessed. “不错的音响?”我猜测着。

He chuckled and nodded. 他轻笑起来,点了点头。
He picked up a remote and turned the stereo on. It was quiet, but the soft jazz number sounded like the band was in the room with us.  他拿起遥控器,打开了音响。这音乐很安静,但这柔和的爵士乐的鼓点听起来就像是那个正在演奏的乐队就在屋里和我们在一起一样。
I went to look at his mind-boggling music collection. 我走过去看他那些令人惊叹的音乐收藏。
How do you have these organized? I asked, unable to find any rhyme or reason to the titles. “你是怎么把这些编排起来的?”我问道,没法找出这些名称排练的韵律或理由。
He wasn't paying attention. 他有些走神。
Ummm, by year, and then by personal preference within that frame, he said absently. “呃嗯,按年份排,然后每一排按照个人喜好排。”他心不在焉地说着。
I turned, and he was looking at me with a peculiar expression in his eyes. 我回过头,他正用一种罕见的眼神看着我。
What? “什么?”
I was prepared to feel… relieved. Having you know about everything, not needing to keep secrets from you.  But I didn't expect to feel more than that. I like it. It makes me… happy. He shrugged, smiling slightly.
“我原以为我会觉得……很宽慰。让你知道所有的事情,不必再向你保守秘密。 但我没想到我会感受到更多。我喜欢这样。这让我感觉……很快乐。”他耸耸肩,轻快地笑着。
I'm glad, I said, smiling back. I'd worried that he might regret telling me these things. It was good to know that wasn't the case. “我很高兴。”我说着,报以一笑。我本来还在担心他会后悔告诉我这些事情。知道情况完全不是这回事,感觉真的很好。
But then, as his eyes dissected my expression, his smile faded and his forehead creased. 但随后,他的眼睛剖析着我的神情,他的微笑消失了,他的额头皱了起来。
You're still waiting for the running and the screaming, aren't you? I guessed. “你还在等着我尖叫着跑开,对吗?”我猜测着。
A faint smile touched his lips, and he nodded. 一抹微弱的笑容浮上他的唇,他点了点头。
I hate to burst your bubble, but you're really not as scary as you think you are. I don't find you scary at all, actually, I lied casually. “我讨厌打破你的幻想,但你真的没有你自己认为的那样可怕。我根本不觉得你可怕,真的。”我若无其事地撒谎道。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438437.html