英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第284期:第十七章 游戏(9)(在线收听

 What did you do with yourself today? he asked, snapping me out of my reverie. “你今天一个人都做了些什么?”他问道,猛地把我从沉思里拉了出来。

Well, this afternoon I just hung out around the house… Only the very recent part of this afternoon, actually.  “嗯,今天下午我只是在屋外到处转了转……”事实上,只是在下午很晚的时候。
I tried to keep my voice upbeat, but my stomach was hollow. And this morning I was over at the Cullens'. 我试图让自己的声音显得很快乐,但我实在是有些心虚。“还有今天早上,我去了卡伦家。”
Charlie dropped his fork. 查理的叉子掉了下来。
Dr. Cullen's place? he asked in astonishment. “卡伦医生那里?”他惊愕地问道。
I pretended not to notice his reaction. Yeah. 我假装没注意到他的反应。“是的。”
What were you doing there? He hadn't picked his fork back up. “你去那里做什么?”他没有捡起他的叉子。
Well, I sort of have a date with Edward Cullen tonight, and he wanted to introduce me to his parents… Dad? “嗯,我今晚跟爱德华·卡伦算是有个约会,而他想先把我介绍给他的父母……爸爸?”
It appeared that Charlie was having an aneurysm. 查理看上去像是得了动脉瘤。
Dad, are you all right? “爸爸,你还好吧?”
You are going out with Edward Cullen? he thundered. “你要和爱德华·卡伦出去?”他怒吼道。
Uh-oh. I thought you liked the Cullens. 啊噢。“我还以为你喜欢卡伦家的人。”
He's too old for you, he ranted. “他对你来说太老了。”他怒气冲冲地叫嚷着。
We're both juniors, I corrected, though he was more right than he dreamed. “我们都是高中生。”我更正道,虽然他比他料到的还要正确。
Wait… He paused. Which one is Edwin? “等等……”他顿了顿。“哪个是埃德温?”
Edward is the youngest, the one with the reddish brown hair. The beautiful one, the godlike one… “爱德华是最小的那个,长着红棕色头发的那个。”最俊美的那个,最像天神的那个……
Oh, well, that's — he struggled — better, I guess. I don't like the look of that big one.  “哦,好吧,那”——他挣扎着——“好多了,我猜。我不喜欢那个老大的长相。
I'm sure he's a nice boy and all, but he looks too… mature for you. Is this Edwin your boyfriend? 我相信他各方面都是个不错的男孩,但他看上去太……对你来说,太成熟了。那个埃德温是你的男朋友吗?”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438449.html