英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第286期:第十七章 游戏(11)(在线收听

 Come on in, Edward. “进来吧,爱德华。”

I breathed a sigh of relief when Charlie got his name right. 我如释重负地松了口气,这次查理终于把他的名字念对了。
Thanks, Chief Swan, Edward said in a respectful voice. “谢谢,史温警长。”爱德华毕恭毕敬地说道。
Go ahead and call me Charlie. Here, I'll take your jacket. “进来,叫我查理就行,我来拿你的外套。”
Thanks, sir. “谢谢,先生。”
Have a seat there, Edward. “坐吧,爱德华。”
I grimaced. 我扮了个鬼脸。
Edward sat down fluidly in the only chair, forcing me to sit next to Chief Swan on the sofa.  爱德华毫不犹豫地坐到了唯一的一张椅子上,逼得我只好过去和查理一起坐在沙发上。
I quickly shot him a dirty look. He winked behind Charlie's back. 我飞快地狠狠瞪了他一眼。他在查理背后使了个眼色。 
So I hear you're getting my girl to watch baseball.  “那么,我听说你要带我的女儿去看棒球。”
Only in Washington would the fact that it was raining buckets have no bearing at all on the playing of outdoor sports. 只有在华盛顿,外面下着倾盆大雨的事实才会对参加户外运动毫无影响。
Yes, sir, that's the plan. He didn't look surprised that I'd told my father the truth. He might have been listening, though. “是的,先生。计划是这样的。”他看上去毫不惊讶于我居然把实情告诉了我爸爸。不过,他也许早就听到了。
Well, more power to you, I guess. “嗯,我猜,我得祝你大大的好运了。”
Charlie laughed, and Edward joined in. 查理大笑起来,而爱德华也跟着笑了起来。
Okay. I stood up. Enough humor at my expense. Let's go. I walked back to the hall and pulled on my jacket. They followed. “好了。”我站起来。“拿我寻开心也该适可而止了。我们走吧。”我走回前厅,穿上我的外套。他们都跟着走了过来。
Not too late, Bell. “别待太晚,贝拉。”
Don't worry, Charlie, I'll have her home early, Edward promised. “别担心,查理,我一定会早早把她送回家。”爱德华保证道。
You take care of my girl, all right? “照顾好我女儿,好吗?”
I groaned, but they ignored me. 我呻吟起来,但他们都无视我。
She'll be safe with me, I promise, sir. “她跟我在一起会很安全的,我保证,先生。”
Charlie couldn't doubt Edward's sincerity, it rang in every word. 查理根本无法质疑爱德华的诚意,他说出的每一个字都饱含着诚挚。
I stalked out. They both laughed, and Edward followed me. 我大步走出屋外。他们都大笑起来,爱德华跟着我走出来。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438451.html