英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第293期:第十七章 游戏(18)(在线收听

 Then why? I whispered, remembering the black moods that pulled him away from me,  “那是为什么?”我低声说着,记起了把他从我身旁拉开的那些阴暗的情绪,

that I'd always interpreted as well-justified frustration  我一直把那解释为是一种情有可原的失望
frustration at my weakness, my slowness, my unruly human reactions 对我的软弱,我的迟钝,我蛮不讲理的人类反应的失望
He put his hands carefully on both sides of my face. I infuriate myself, he said gently.  他小心地用双手捧起了我的脸颊:“我是在生我自己的气,”他温柔地说着。
The way I can't seem to keep from putting you in danger. My very existence puts you at risk.  “我气我自己总是无法控制自己,总是让你处于险境。我不同寻常的存在总是让你处于危险之中。
Sometimes I truly hate myself. I should be stronger, I should be able to — 有时候我真的很厌恶自己。我应该更强大些,我应该能——”
I placed my hand over his mouth. Don't. 我用手掩住他的口。“别。”
He took my hand, moving it from his lips, but holding it to his face. 他抓住我的手,从他的唇上拿开,却按在了自己的脸上。
I love you, he said. It's a poor excuse for what I'm doing, but it's still true. “我爱你,”他说道。“这实在是一个蹩脚的借口,一个用来解释我所做的一切的借口,但这确实是真的。”
It was the first time he'd said he loved me — in so many words. He might not realize it, but I certainly did. 这是他第一次说他爱我——尽管还加上了这么多多余的话。他也许没有觉察到这一点,但我确实意识到了。
Now, please try to behave yourself, he continued, and he bent to softly brush his lips against mine. “现在,求你,试着做你自己。”他继续说着,弯下身子,温柔地用他的唇摩挲着我的唇。
I held properly still. Then I sighed. 我明智地保持一动不动。然后,我叹了口气。
You promised Chief Swan that you would have me home early, remember? We'd better get going. “你向史温警长保证过,你要早点带我回家的,还记得吗?我们最好现在就过去。”
Yes, ma'am. “是的,女士。”
He smiled wistfully and released all of me but one hand.  他充满渴望地笑起来,放开了我,只用一只手挽住我。
He led me a few feet through the tall, wet ferns and draping moss,  他领着我在高大潮湿的蕨类植物和垂挂着的苔藓之间走了几英尺,
around a massive hemlock tree, and we were there, on the edge of an enormous open field in the lap of the Olympic peaks.  绕过一棵宏伟的铁杉。然后,我们到了。我们正站在奥林匹克山山腰上一片巨大的开阔地的边缘。
It was twice the size of any baseball stadium. 它是任何一个露天棒球场的两倍大。
I could see the others all there; Esme, Emmett, and Rosalie, sitting on a bare outcropping of rock,  我看见别的人都已经到了:艾思梅,艾美特和罗莎莉正坐在一块露出地面的光秃秃的岩石上,
were the closest to us, maybe a hundred yards away.  他们离我们最近,大概有一百码的距离。
Much farther out I could see Jasper and Alice, at least a quarter of a mile apart,  在更远些的地方,我看见贾斯帕和爱丽丝,他们隔着大概有四分之一英里远的距离站着,
appearing to throw something back and forth, but I never saw any ball.  似乎正在把什么东西抛来抛去,但我没看见球。
It looked like Carlisle was marking bases, but could they really be that far apart ? 看上去卡莱尔正在标出各个垒的位置,可是每个垒之间真的要隔那么开吗?
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438459.html