英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第298期:第十七章 游戏(23)(在线收听

 Safe, Esme called in a calm voice. “安全上垒。”艾思梅用冷静的声音说道。

Emmett's team was up by one , Rosalie managed to flit around the bases after tagging up on one of Emmett's long flies  艾美特的队伍领先一分——罗莎莉在艾美特击出一记长长的高飞球时成功触垒,然后设法沿着各垒奔跑
when Edward caught the third out. He sprinted to my side, sparkling with excitement. 这时爱德华接住了第三个界外球。他冲到我身旁,兴奋得像在闪闪发光。
What do you think? he asked. “你感觉怎么样?”他问道。
One thing's for sure, I'll never be able to sit through dull old Major League Baseball again. “有一件事我很确定,我再也不能坐下来看完整场老旧乏味的大联盟棒球赛了。”
And it sounds like you did so much of that before, he laughed. “听起来你以前没少看他们的比赛。”他大笑起来。
I am a little disappointed, I teased. “我有点失望。”我揶揄道。
Why? he asked, puzzled. “为什么?”他困惑地问道。
Well, it would be nice if I could find just one thing you didn't do better than everyone else on the planet. “嗯,如果我能从你身上找到哪怕一点你不如这个星球上的其他人的事情,我会感觉更好些。”
He flashed his special crooked smile, leaving me breathless. 他露出一抹他特有的弯弯坏笑,走开了,丢下我一个人在那里,几乎喘不过气来。
I'm up, he said, heading for the plate. “我来了。”他说着,向本垒板走去。
He played intelligently, keeping the ball low, out of the reach of Rosalie's always-ready hand in the outfield,  他的打法很聪明,他把球打得很低。罗莎莉虽然在外野随时把手准备着,
gaining two bases like lightning before Emmett could get the ball back in play.  但还是没能接着那个球。在艾美特把球扔回来以前,他已经像闪电一样跑过了两个垒。
Carlisle knocked one so far out of the field , with a boom that hurt my ears  卡莱尔击出一记长球,飞得几乎和场地一样远——那轰隆声震得我的耳朵生疼
that he and Edward both made it in. Alice slapped them dainty high fives. 然后他和爱德华双双上垒。爱丽丝高调而优雅地和他们击掌相贺。
The score constantly changed as the game continued, and they razzed each other like any street ballplayers as they took turns with the lead.  比赛继续进行着,比分在不断地变化着,当他们轮流领先时,他们像那些街头棒球手那样互相嘲弄着。
Occasionally Esme would call them to order. The thunder rumbled on, but we stayed dry, as Alice had predicted. 偶尔,艾思梅会冲他们大喊,让他们收敛一点。雷声继续轰鸣着,但我们依然很干爽,就像爱丽丝预言过的那样。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438464.html