英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第308期:第十八章 猎杀(7)(在线收听

 Once we were into the trees, Edward slung me over his back without breaking stride.  我们一走进树林,爱德华立刻把我甩到背上,一步也不停地飞奔起来。

I gripped as tightly as possible as he took off, the others close on his heels. 当他起跑的时候,我死死地抓牢他,别的人紧跟在他身后。
I kept my head down, but my eyes, wide with fright, wouldn't close.  我埋着头,但我的眼睛因为恐惧而睁得大大的,根本合不上眼。
They plunged through the now-black forest like wraiths.  他们跳进黑暗得宛如幽灵出没的密林里。
The sense of exhilaration that usually seemed to possess Edward as he ran was completely absent,  当爱德华全速奔跑时,他的心情总是很愉快,但现在那种情绪完全没有了,
replaced by a fury that consumed him and drove him still faster. Even with me on his back, the others trailed behind. 取而代之的是一种几乎要毁灭他的狂暴,这让他跑得更快了。即便他背上还背着我,别的人还是被远远地抛在了后头。
We reached the Jeep in an impossibly short time, and Edward barely slowed as he flung me in the backseat. 我们很快就到了越野车那里,所花的时间短得不可思议。而爱德华仅仅是在把我塞进后座上时才放慢了动作。
Strap her in, he ordered Emmett, who slid in beside me. 给她系上安全带。”他向刚刚滑到我身旁坐下的艾美特下令道。
Alice was already in the front seat, and Edward was starting the engine.  爱丽丝已经坐在了前座上,爱德华发动了引擎。
It roared to life and we swerved backward, spinning around to face the winding road. 引擎轰鸣着发动起来,我们向后急转,原地倒进了那条弯曲的道路。
Edward was growling something too fast for me to understand, but it sounded a lot like a string of profanities. 爱德华在咆哮着什么,他的语速太快了,我根本听不懂,但听起来像是一连串的咒骂。
The jolting trip was much worse this time, and the darkness only made it more frightening.  这趟颠簸的旅程变得比上次更糟,黑暗的降临只让一切显得更加阴森可怖。
Emmett and Alice both glared out the side windows. 艾美特和爱丽丝各自监视着一侧的窗子。
We hit the main road, and though our speed increased, I could see much better where we were going. 我们冲进了主干道,可我们的速度却加快了。我看清了我们正在开往的方向。
And we were headed south, away from Forks. 我们正在南走,远离福克斯的方向。
Where are we going? I asked. 我们要去哪里?”我问道。
No one answered. No one even looked at me. 没有人回答,甚至没有人看我一眼。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438643.html