英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第352期:第二十三章 天使(5)(在线收听

   Edward, you have to do it. It was Alice's voice, close by my head. Cool fingers brushed at the wetness in my eyes. “爱德华,你必须这样做。”那是爱丽丝的声音,就在靠近我头部的地方传来。冰冷的指尖轻轻抹去了我眼角的泪珠。

  No! he bellowed. “不!”他吼道。
  Alice, I moaned. “爱丽丝。”我呻吟着。
  There may be a chance, Carlisle said. “这也许是个机会。”卡莱尔说道。
  What? Edward begged. “什么?”爱德华恳求着。
  See if you can suck the venom back out. The wound is fairly clean.  “看你能否把毒液吸出来。这个伤口相当干净。”
  As Carlisle spoke, I could feel more pressure on my head, something poking and pulling at my scalp. The pain of it was lost in the pain of the fire. 卡莱尔说话时,我能感到我的头部传来的压迫感,某种东西正戳探着,牵扯着我的头皮。但这种痛楚消失在了火焰带来的疼痛中。
  Will that work? Alice's voice was strained. “这会有用吗?”爱丽丝的声音听起来很紧张。
  I don't know, Carlisle said. But we have to hurry. “我不知道。”卡莱尔说道。“但我们得抓紧时间。”
  Carlisle, I… Edward hesitated. I don't know if I can do that. There was agony in his beautiful voice again. “卡莱尔,我……”爱德华迟疑着。“我不知道自己能否做到。”痛苦再次出现在了他美丽的声音里。
  It's your decision, Edward, either way. I can't help you. I have to get this bleeding stopped here if you're going to be taking blood from her hand. “总之,这得由你来决定,爱德华。我帮不了你。如果你打算从她手上把毒血吸掉的话,我得让这里止血。”
  I writhed in the grip of the fiery torture, the movement making the pain in my leg flare sickeningly. 我困住那阵炽热的折磨中,痛苦地翻滚着,这个举动让我腿上的疼痛若隐若现,这简直令人厌恶。
  Edward! I screamed. I realized my eyes were closed again. I opened them, desperate to find his face.  “爱德华!”我尖叫着。我发觉自己的眼睛又闭上了。我睁开双眼,不顾一切地想要找到他的脸,
  And I found him. Finally, I could see his perfect face, staring at me, twisted into a mask of indecision and pain. 然后,我找到他了。我终于看到了他那完美的面孔,他正注视着我,他的五官扭曲成一张写满了犹豫和痛苦的面具。 Alice, get me something to brace her leg! Carlisle was bent over me, working on my head. Edward, you must do it now, or it will be too late. “爱丽丝,给我点东西固定她的腿!”卡莱尔向我俯下身来,在我的头上忙碌着。“爱德华,你必须现在就做,否则就太迟了。”
  Edward's face was drawn. I watched his eyes as the doubt was suddenly replaced with a blazing determination. His jaw tightened.  爱德华的脸上写满了挣扎。我看着他的眼睛,他眼里的犹疑迅速被炽烈的决定所取代。他的下巴绷紧了。
  I felt his cool, strong fingers on my burning hand, locking it in place. Then his head bent over it, and his cold lips pressed against my skin. 我感觉到他冰冷有力的手指落在我灼烧着的手上,把它按好。然后,他向我的手俯下头去,他冰冷的唇压在了我的肌肤上。
  At first the pain was worse. I screamed and thrashed against the cool hands that held me back. I heard Alice's voice, trying to calm me.  起初,疼痛变得更加剧烈了。我尖叫着,挣脱了他冰冷的手,但他把我拽了回来。我听到了爱丽丝的声音,她试图让我冷静下来。
  Something heavy held my leg to the floor, and Carlisle had my head locked in the vise of his stone arms. 某个沉重的东西把我的腿压在了地板上,而卡莱尔用他石头般的双臂钳紧了我的头。
  Then, slowly, my writhing calmed as my hand grew more and more numb. The fire was dulling, focusing into an ever-smaller point. 然后,慢慢地,我的翻滚渐渐平息下来,我的手变得越来越麻木。火焰慢慢地褪去,集中在了一个更小的点上。
  I felt my consciousness slipping as the pain subsided. I was afraid to fall into the black waters again, afraid I would lose him in the darkness. 我感觉到,随着疼痛渐渐消失,我的意识也渐渐淡薄起来。我怕再次落入那黑暗的水中,害怕自己会在黑暗中失去他。
  Edward, I tried to say, but I couldn't hear my voice. They could hear me. “爱德华。”我试图说话,但我根本听不见自己的声音。他们能听见我的声音。
  He's right here, Bella. “他就在这里,贝拉。”
  Stay, Edward, stay with me… “留下来,爱德华,留下来陪我……”
  I will. His voice was strained, but somehow triumphant. “我会的。”他的声音很紧张,但不知怎的,却洋溢着某种胜利的喜悦。
  I sighed contentedly. The fire was gone, the other pains dulled by a sleepiness seeping through my body. 我心满意足地叹息着。火焰消失了。别的痛楚被一阵席卷我全身的睡意所削弱了。
  Is it all out? Carlisle asked from somewhere far away. “都吸出来了吗?”卡莱尔从远处的某个地方问道。
  Her blood tastes clean, Edward said quietly. I can taste the morphine. “她的血尝起来很干净。”爱德华安静地说道。“我能尝到马啡的味道。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgzcms/438716.html