英语听书《海底两万里》第476期 第29章 缺少空气(8)(在线收听

 he stopcocks of the ballast tanks were then opened wide, and 100 cubic meters of water rushed in, increasing the Nautilus's weight by 100,000 kilograms. 储水池的龙头于是完全打开来,一百立方米的水都流进去,把诺第留斯号的重量增加了十万公厅。

We waited, we listened, we forgot our sufferings, we hoped once more. 我们等着,我们听着,忘记了我们的痛苦,仍然抱着希望。
 We had staked our salvation on this one last gamble. 我们好像赌博,得救与否,完全看这最后一着了。
Despite the buzzing in my head. I soon could hear vibrations under the Nautilus's hull. 不管我脑子中嗡嗡作响,但不久我听到诺第留斯号船身下颤抖了。
We tilted. The ice cracked with an odd ripping sound, like paper tearing,  冰层破裂,发出新奇的声响,下陷的作用发生了,像撕纸的声音一样,
and the Nautilus began settling downward. 诺第留斯号渐渐沉下去。
"We're going through!" "我们穿过去了!
Conseil muttered in my ear. ”康塞尔在我耳边低声说。
I couldn't answer him. 我不能回答他。
I clutched his hand. 我抓着他的手。
I squeezed it in an involuntary convulsion. 我完全不由自主地抽搐,紧紧握住他的手。
All at once, carried away by its frightful excess load, the Nautilus sank into the waters like a cannonball, in other words, dropping as if in a vacuum! 突然间,诺第留斯号被它的过分重量所带走,像一颗炮弹沉入水中,就是说,它掉下去,像它在真空中尽可能快地掉下去那样!
Our full electric power was then put on the pumps, which instantly began to expel water from the ballast tanks. 于是把所有的电力都送到抽水机上,抽水机立即把储水池中的水排出。
After a few minutes we had checked our fall. 几分钟后,我们的下降停止。
The pressure gauge soon indicated an ascending movement. 并且不久,压力表就指出船是在上升。
Brought to full speed, the propeller made the sheet-iron hull tremble down to its rivets, and we sped northward. 推进器全速开行,船身钢板发生震动,一直在螺丝钉上都感到,它带我们向北方驶去。
But how long would it take to navigate under the Ice Bank to the open sea? 但是,现在从冰山下到自由海的航行,要延长多少时候呢,
Another day? I would be dead first! 还要一天吗?如果是这样的话,那我仍不免要死在前头了!
Half lying on a couch in the library, I was suffocating. 我半身躺在图书室的长沙发椅上,我不能出气了。
My face was purple, my lips blue, my faculties in abeyance. 我的脸孔发紫,我的双唇变蓝,我身体器官失灵。
I could no longer see or hear. 我看不见,我听不到。
I had lost all sense of time. 时间的概念在我心中消减了。
My muscles had no power to contract. 我的肌肉不能伸缩了。
I'm unable to estimate the hours that passed in this way. 这样度过的时间,我不可能估量。
But I was aware that my death throes had begun. 但我意识到我临死的痛苦开始了。
I realized that I was about to die... 我明白我是快要死了……
Suddenly I regained consciousness. 忽然我苏醒过来。
A few whiffs of air had entered my lungs. 几口空气吹入我的肺中。
Had we risen to the surface of the waves? 我们是回升到了水面吗?
Had we cleared the Ice Bank? 我们是越过冰山了吗?
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/440260.html