英语听书《海底两万里》第517期 第32章 海湾暖流(8)(在线收听

 The Canadian was obviously at the end of his patience. 加拿大人显然忍耐到了最大的限度。

His vigorous nature couldn't adapt to this protracted imprisonment.  他刚烈的天性是不能适应这种遥遥无期的囚禁生活。
His facial appearance was changing by the day. His moods grew gloomier and gloomier.   他一天天消瘦下去,性格越来越忧郁。
I had a sense of what he was suffering because I also was gripped by homesickness.  我感觉得到他忍受着怎么样的痛苦,因为我也一样,饱受着思乡病的折磨。
Nearly seven months had gone by without our having any news from shore. 差不多过去了七个月,而我们却得不到一点陆地上的消息。
Moreover, Captain Nemo's reclusiveness, 此外,尼摩船长的孤僻,
his changed disposition, and especially his total silence since the battle with the devilfish all made me see things in a different light. 特别自从与章鱼搏斗以来,他的情绪改变了,沉默寡言,所有这一切使我以不同的方式来看待事物。
I no longer felt the enthusiasm of our first days on board.  我再也感觉不到最初的那种热衷。
You needed to be Flemish like Conseil to accept these circumstances, living in a habitat designed for cetaceans and other denizens of the deep.  只有像康塞尔这样的佛莱芒人才会接受这种专为鲸类动物和其他海中动物保留的环境。
Truly, if that gallant lad had owned gills instead of lungs, I think he would have made an outstanding fish! 说真的,这个诚实的年轻人,如果没有肺,而是长着腮,我想他会是一条了不起的鱼的!
Well, sir? Ned Land went on, seeing that I hadn't replied. “那该怎么办呢?”尼德·兰看到我不回答就问。
Well, Ned, you want me to ask Captain Nemo what he intends to do with us? Yes, sir. “好吧,尼德,您希望我问一问尼摩船长他对我们有什么打算吗?”“是的,先生。”
Even though he has already made that clear? “尽管他曾经说过,我们还要再问吗?”
Yes. I want it settled once and for all. “是的。我想最后一次确认一下。
Speak just for me, strictly on my behalf, if you want. 如果您愿意的话,您只要替我说一说, 只以我的名义就行了。”
But I rarely encounter him. He positively avoids me. “但我很少碰到他,他甚至在回避我。”
All the more reason you should go look him up. “那就多了一个去看望他的理由了。”
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/hdlwl/440346.html